Windows 10: Borderless windows going under taskbar when it is on top.

Discus and support Borderless windows going under taskbar when it is on top. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] several pixels above firefox tabs are under the taskbar. The same happens to any program that remove windows native borders, like Google... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DrZetein, Dec 5, 2020.

1. Borderless windows going under taskbar when it is on top.

Borderless windows going under taskbar when it is on top. jMKpkHdCVz8RYQlxTXSvZ4e4n4Ljg0poWVbX_RRg5CU.jpg

several pixels above firefox tabs are under the taskbar.

The same happens to any program that remove windows native borders, like Google Chrome, and it is "fixed" by deactivating borderless mode (but I prefer this way because it is more compact).
    I know, moving the taskbar back to the bottom would be a workaround, but I'd like to know if there is an actual solution because this bug looks ugly (it doesn't affect anything functionally, it only looks bad) and I prefer my taskbar on top for several personal reasons. If there is no solution, it's not really a big issue, but it doesn't hurt to ask you guys, since google does not understand what I am looking for.

submitted by /u/DrZetein
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DrZetein, Dec 5, 2020
  2. Ernie San Win User

Taskbar pushes borderless window onto second screen

Hello,

To resolve the issue with your Taskbar, we suggest checking Akheel Ahmed post
    here

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Ernie San, Dec 5, 2020
  3. DomasL Win User
    Taskbar allways on top

While playing games in borderless window mode, the taskbar remains on top. I want it to be hidden only when i use fullscreen or borderless window modes, so auto hide option might not help because it hides it even when i browse internet or do anything else.

DomasL, Dec 5, 2020
  4. Borderless windows going under taskbar when it is on top.

Taskbar stays on top of Windows that are fixed borderless windows (e.g. Games)

I like to play many games with the setting "Fixed Borderless Window", if that makes sense. It is a Window created without a border and fixed at 0,0, so it appears full screen while it isn't.

However, sometimes Windows decides that the Taskbar must stay on top of everything and I have to run the said games in exclusive fullscreen to get rid of the Taskbar.

When this bug is happening, this also extends to fullscreen videos on Youtube with Google's Chrome or Firefox or Internet Explorer.

Borderless windows going under taskbar when it is on top. 476a4101-065f-4c56-a12d-bb14cc297e08.png

As you can see in this picture, Diablo 3 is running in said borderless fixed Window mode and the Taskbar is staying on top of it.

The only solution known to me is to restart Windows. Then I can game "normally" again. I have observed this bug since Windows 7, so it is not specific to my current Windows 10 installation. It also outlasted multiple different computers and processors from
    different vendors. So it is also not hardware specific. The only constant left is Windows.

Until today, I am unable to track down what is causing this bug. So, my apologies for not being more helpful here.

Please fix this Microsoft. It is bugging me and, judging from the Internet search results, many others.

n.B.: Notice the blurry icons on my task bar? This happens after I quit games that I have played with Virtual Super Resolution, e.g. a game on 4k on my 1080p Display. This is another thing that is bugging me.

Scorcher24, Dec 5, 2020
Thema:

Borderless windows going under taskbar when it is on top.

1. Borderless windows going under taskbar when it is on top. - Similar Threads - Borderless going under

2. When are we going to get the ability to move the taskbar to the top of the screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When are we going to get the ability to move the taskbar to the top of the screen?: Removing accessibility options that existed in previous windows iterations is obviously unacceptable.What is the roadmap for adding back this obviously necessary BASIC function of an operating system?...
  3. When are we going to get the ability to move the taskbar to the top of the screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When are we going to get the ability to move the taskbar to the top of the screen?: Removing accessibility options that existed in previous windows iterations is obviously unacceptable.What is the roadmap for adding back this obviously necessary BASIC function of an operating system?...
  4. Hide Taskbar when I play games in borderless window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hide Taskbar when I play games in borderless window: I recently upgraded to Windows 11 and I tried to play my games in borderless mode so that I can see my friends on skype and play the game like it's in full screen. Anyway when I play the games in boarderless mode on Windows 11 the taskbar does not hide. It's really annoying...
  5. Hide Taskbar when I play games in borderless window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hide Taskbar when I play games in borderless window: I recently upgraded to Windows 11 and I tried to play my games in borderless mode so that I can see my friends on skype and play the game like it's in full screen. Anyway when I play the games in boarderless mode on Windows 11 the taskbar does not hide. It's really annoying...
  6. Taskbar appearing during borderless gamming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar appearing during borderless gamming: The taskbar keeps popping up while I'm in games and it disrupts the flow and I have to constantly click back onto the game during crucial times. I have looked throughout most of the internet and can't find a solution. The "solutions" I have tried: - restart explorer.exe...
  7. Taskbar is not hiding when I play in borderless window format

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar is not hiding when I play in borderless window format: Why isn’t a taskbar hiding when I play some video games in borderless format? I tried to activate auto hide feature, but it appears again when I click on the bottom part of the screen. Thank you in advance....
  8. Taskbar not hiding in borderless games

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar not hiding in borderless games: When i play some videogame in borderless window format, the taskbar don't hide and i can click on it, if i activate the autohide option it will popup when i tuch the bottom part of the screen with the cursor. Before the last update, it have't done this not one time, i...
  9. Taskbar not hiding in borderless games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar not hiding in borderless games: When i play some videogame in borderless window format, the taskbar don't hide and i can click on it, if i activate the autohide option it will popup when i tuch the bottom part of the screen with the cursor. Before the last update, it have't done this not one time, i...
  10. Taskbar Error When Play Games in Window Borderless

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Error When Play Games in Window Borderless: [img] Taskbar Error When Switched Windows ALT+TAB. Sometime The Game is Not Responding When Switched Back I Must Wait a Few Minute for Back to Normal. I Not Sure This Problem From Windows or My Hardware. Any Comments ? (Game in SS is Final Fantasy XIV) 59606