Windows 10: Borders for open folders.

Discus and support Borders for open folders. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I sometimes have several open folders on the desktop. It can be confusing since there are no borders to indicate where the edge of an overlap is. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Syncopator, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Borders for open folders.

I sometimes have several open folders on the desktop.

It can be confusing since there are no borders to indicate where the edge of an overlap is.

I there any way to add borders to open folders?

Or colour its background?

:)

Syncopator, Sep 15, 2019
  2. Jacko28 Win User

Opening a Folder in VC++

I've recently started learning VC++ and it's coming along quite nicley, I've now been given a little task by my boss to add a button to an excisting Incident report program.

All the button needs to do is open a new explorer window and open the folder selected in the incident report program. There isn't a deadline for it, it's just to assist in my learning.

I'm not asking for anyone to do it for me, i just need a few suggestions on how to do this so i'm looking in the correct direction?

Thanks

Jacko28, Sep 15, 2019
  3. KomouPoji Win User
    Whenever I open a folder, it opens in new window (Windows 10)

Hi Pratyaksh,

To assist you further, let me ask.

• What changes have you make in the folder options?

• Is the error specific to a folder?
    I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it help.

• Open file explorer, click on view and select options.

• Double-click on options, in the general tab click on Open each folder in the same Window.

• Click apply and ok.
    I hope the information is helpful and if you need any other assistance on Windows, we’ll be glad to assists you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Sep 15, 2019
  4. Borders for open folders.

black border

Hi Adele,

For us to isolate your concern with the black border on your computer, we would like to know the following:

• When did this happen?
    • Were there any updates made on your computer prior to this concern?
    • To make sure we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Send us a screenshot of the black border.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Sep 15, 2019
Thema:

Borders for open folders.

1. Borders for open folders. - Similar Threads - Borders open folders

2. Mouse Without Borders will not open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Without Borders will not open: I just had my SSD drive replaced identical drive and I am reinstalling all my programs. I tried to reinstall MWB but it does not open. It worked well before the drive replacement. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. I use Bitdefender, which apparently disables the Windows...
  3. Mouse Without Borders will not open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Without Borders will not open: I just had my SSD drive replaced identical drive and I am reinstalling all my programs. I tried to reinstall MWB but it does not open. It worked well before the drive replacement. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. I use Bitdefender, which apparently disables the Windows...
  4. "Borders" around videos when opening full screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Borders" around videos when opening full screen: Every time I try to fullscreen a video for the first time a sort of border of nothing appears - the video just doesn't cover the entire screen and you can see whats behind. Is this a known issue, and does anyone know a fix? Here's a screenshot, you can see discord behind the...
  5. "Borders" around videos when opening full screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Borders" around videos when opening full screen: Every time I try to fullscreen a video for the first time a sort of border of nothing appears - the video just doesn't cover the entire screen and you can see whats behind. Is this a known issue, and does anyone know a fix? Here's a screenshot, you can see discord behind the...
  6. Music folders have white borders....

in Windows 10 Support
    Music folders have white borders....: Windows 10 Pro 1909 upgraded from 7 Pro I was wondering does anybody have an answer or fix for the issue I have with tons of my music folders having a white border after the upgrade It is only with the ones that seem to have a "hidden" folder Screenshot included thanks...
  7. Add borders to open files?

in Windows 10 Support
    Add borders to open files?: Version 1903 (OS Build 183262. 476) When more than one file is open it would be useful if they each had a border. With no borders it is often visually confusing. I seem to remember that it is possible to add borders but I don't know where I saw this. Can anyone help...
  8. folders not opening

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    folders not opening: I have a brand new computer that i built about two weeks ago and installed windows 10. everything has worked as it should. However, on occasion certain apps will not open. It started with the settings app and this pc not opening. I would try to open and it would pop up in...
  9. Folder opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    Folder opening: how do set one click option in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-opening/bb961194-ae42-4f54-b378-79ac0a6da8fa
  10. Folders will not open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Folders will not open: Sometimes folders on the desktop will not open, none of them. Other files do (Word, PDFs, programs) I think this is a USB issue, perhaps Apple-related. If I try to upload images from my iPhone, and do not first unlock my phone with my passcode, the iPhone will not let me...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to put a border on opened folders so they dont blend with the screen Windows 10