Windows 10: Borders/screen res issue

Discus and support Borders/screen res issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there, Today a game i loaded up froze on start and wouldn’t close, task manager also refused to open during this, i restarted my computer but as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sv95DV, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Sv95DV Win User

Borders/screen res issue

Hi there,

Today a game i loaded up froze on start and wouldn’t close, task manager also refused to open during this, i restarted my computer but as it was restarting i cancelled mid process.

This created two black borders on my screen, one at each side and stretched the resolution.

A few posts on here suggested i uninstall my driver software for my screen, and after doing so and restarting, i cant seem to redownload my driver. I now only have three resolution options to choose from and all three of these stretch the screen badly and create borders again.

I cannot find much information to help me and im bit the best with computers, but i usually get by.

Any help is appreciated and i can provide follow up info.

Thanks

:)

Sv95DV, Jun 7, 2020
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Black borders on screen

Hi Lyn,

It is true that the challenges that you’re having with the black borders on your computer screen might be related to the Display Settings of your monitor just like what DaveM121 was suggesting. To better assist you with your concern, we need you to answer
    the following questions:

• Which type of display cable are you using? ( VGA, DVI, HDMI cable).
    • Were you able to update your display adapter drivers?
    Looking forward to your response.

Dyan Rey, Jun 7, 2020
  3. tony94040 Win User
    when Windows are extending beyond screen borders, after system returns from hibernation will re-position inside screen borders

when Windows are extending beyond screen borders (on purpose), after system returns from hibernation they will re-position inside screen borders. I have Task Manager window partly position outside screen on right side so only performance summary is shown,
    when system comes out of hibernation windows 10 and 8.1 did same, will re-position app to fit fully inside screen borders . Basically i need to drag Task Manager window (and other apps) outside screen every time system returns from hibernation. please let
    me know if there's a solution to this issue.

Thanks

--

tony94040, Jun 7, 2020
  4. Borders/screen res issue

Mouse without Border Connection Issues

Hi,

There are several factors which may have contributed on the issue. Since you've mentioned that you are also experiencing the same issue, we would like to ask you these following questions:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • Are you using the Microsoft Garage Mouse without Borders, or a third party app?
    • Were there any changes on your device before the issue occur?
    • Aside from reinstalling it, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    Regards.

Darian Tab, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

Borders/screen res issue

1. Borders/screen res issue - Similar Threads - Borders screen res

2. windows border issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows border issues: I mentioned before in another thread some issues with windows applications border, and got a snarky reply from a username I can't remember these are the actual specific issues, they aren't a case of "not liking the way it looks" preference, they are functionality issues which...
  3. windows border issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows border issues: I mentioned before in another thread some issues with windows applications border, and got a snarky reply from a username I can't remember these are the actual specific issues, they aren't a case of "not liking the way it looks" preference, they are functionality issues which...
  4. windows border issues

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Display border issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display border issue: I use my onboard graphics of my motherboard. My borders are beyond my monitor. I have tried adjusting it through display settings but nothing from scalling to resolution has worked. What can i do to adjust the borders...
  6. Display border issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display border issue: I use my onboard graphics of my motherboard. My borders are beyond my monitor. I have tried adjusting it through display settings but nothing from scalling to resolution has worked. What can i do to adjust the borders...
  7. Display border issue

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Screen Res change

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen Res change: Hello. I am wondering if I am able to write a line of code that will change my screen resolution when I open Minecraft Windows 10 Edition. I have tried QRes but I couldn’t quite figure it out, any suggestions? submitted by /u/CoolKidSylas [link] [comments]...
  9. Windows 10 update screen res

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 update screen res: Hi, I bought an Acer Aspire 3 2 days ago, and had a windows update last night, so not sure how recent the update is, but my problem is that it seems to have locked my screen resolution. I was playing EU4 on the device yesterday, even though the graphics card doesn't meet...
  10. Help with Win10 drivers & Screen res

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help with Win10 drivers & Screen res: Hey all, Installed windows 10, looks great gotta say! Only thing is drivers ugh. Im on a old enough PC to be honest but its got 4GB RAM and P4 HT 3GHz CPU. So It is running nicely. I sen a post on windows 7 forums about speccy & publishing a snapshot of my PC because...