Windows 10: Borked my Reg a little, hoping for values for 5 entries. <3

Discus and support Borked my Reg a little, hoping for values for 5 entries. <3 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Yes Im a fool for not backing it up before messing with it, I definitely won't do that again. I read on another thread that someone can just tell me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Cole_295, Jun 15, 2019.

1. Cole_295 Win User

Borked my Reg a little, hoping for values for 5 entries. <3

Yes Im a fool for not backing it up before messing with it, I definitely won't do that again.

I read on another thread that someone can just tell me the values and I can set them back the way they were.

If someone could be so kind as to get these for me I would really appreciate it.

Hkey local machine

Ssoftware

Microsoft

Windows NT

Current version

Multimedia

System profile
    Network throlling index ---> *
    System responsivness ---> *

System profile

Tasks

Games,
    Gpu priority --> *
    Priority ---> *
    Scheduling -->*

Thanks

:)

Cole_295, Jun 15, 2019
  2. Steve C Win User

Need Serious Help: How To Record Video of What is Done on my PC?

I suggest the following simple steps:

1. Set the autosave options in MS Office to a low value say 5 minutes.
    2. Setup file history to autosave frequently - the shortest period is 5 mins
    3. Install Macrium Reflect Free and configure it to do a daily incremental system backup

You should be well covered if you do the above to protect your key files.

Steve C, Jun 15, 2019
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 15, 2019
  4. Vinodh.V Win User

David Whitford

Hi David,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

We would suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps:

• Click Start , click Run , type regedit , and then click OK .
    • Expand the following subkey:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

• Right-click Winlogon , point to New , and then click DWORD Value .
    • To name the new entry, type GpNetworkStartTimeoutPolicyValue , and then press ENTER.
    • Right-click GpNetworkStartTimeoutPolicyValue , and then click Modify .
    • Under Base , click Decimal .
    • In the Value data box, type 60 , and then click OK .
    • Quit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.
    • If the Group Policy startup script does not run, increase the value of the GpNetworkStartTimeoutPolicyValue registry entry.

Auto-Kill All Programs at Shutdown
    • Step 1: Go to “Start,” “Run,” and type regedit.
    • Step 2: Navigate to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop
    • Step 3: Find the Registry Key called AutoEndTasks and right-click then select Modify. Change the value to 1.
    Hope this information helps, for further assistance please reply.

Vinodh.V, Jun 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Borked my Reg a little, hoping for values for 5 entries. <3 - Similar Threads - Borked Reg little

2. Chrome borked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome borked: I fire up my laptop this AM to start work as chrome is brokenthankfully I had an installer o a USB stickI naturally accuse Redmond of being over zealous and shoving Edge down everyone's throat...
  3. How do I copy the value of a Registry Key, or part of the value, using a .reg file?

How do I copy the value of a Registry Key, or part of the value, using a .reg file?: I want to set up a .reg file for restoring all my customizations when I reinstall or move to a new computer, but I do not have certainty that the file structure or registry values will be the same. So, I need modify some keys with imperfect information about their values. For...
  4. How do I copy the value of a Registry Key, or part of the value, using a .reg file?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I copy the value of a Registry Key, or part of the value, using a .reg file?: I want to set up a .reg file for restoring all my customizations when I reinstall or move to a new computer, but I do not have certainty that the file structure or registry values will be the same. So, I need modify some keys with imperfect information about their values. For...
  5. How do I copy the value of a Registry Key, or part of the value, using a .reg file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Is it possible to change (Default) value with a .reg file?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to change (Default) value with a .reg file?: I am trying to change (Default) value of "Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\image\shell\edit\command" to easily edit with Krita. Actually, I did it manually, but when I try to create a .rig file of it to run after format etc. It doesn't work. This is what I...
  7. Path Entries with BAT or REG

Path Entries with BAT or REG: Hey guys i have a question about path entries, i added this 5 path items in the rectangle by hand [img] is there a command line parameter that will add them with one command ? and is there a way to do it with a reg file? thanks 164858
  8. NTUSER reg entries does not get reflected in Current user

in Windows 10 Support
    NTUSER reg entries does not get reflected in Current user: i need to make customizations to all new users and i choose modifying registry to achieve this. i load default user NTUSER.DAT file and add all current user changes. though i see most customization keys are imported, i have problem few keys. even though they are loaded in...
  9. Is that possible to APPEND something to a string value by a .REG file?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is that possible to APPEND something to a string value by a .REG file?: Hello, I am trying to modify my registry and I want to APPEND something to the value of a key, like: modify [some\path\to\a\key] "key_name"="original_key_value" to [some\path\to\a\key] "key_name"="original_key_value appended_key_value" using a .REG file. Is...
  10. Location of the "Edit" context menu entry for .reg files

in Windows 10 Support
    Location of the "Edit" context menu entry for .reg files: So when I edit .reg files, I prefer to edit them with VS Code instead of notepad by default. I notice that .reg files have an "edit" context menu entry that appears when you right click on them, but this context menu entry opens up notepad by default. It tried adding the...