Windows 10: BOSD errors,what it can be?only when booting a cold start.

Discus and support BOSD errors,what it can be?only when booting a cold start. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; On Sun 25/04/2021 23:05:38 your computer crashed or a problem was reportedcrash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\042521-8781-01.dmpThis was probably... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by gioeleangoli, Apr 25, 2021.

1. BOSD errors,what it can be?only when booting a cold start.

On Sun 25/04/2021 23:05:38 your computer crashed or a problem was reportedcrash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\042521-8781-01.dmpThis was probably caused by the following module: fltmgr.sys 0xFFFFF8062B7286F6 Bugcheck code: 0x1000007E 0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF8062B7286F6, 0xFFFFDE83DED2F198, 0xFFFFDE83DED2E9D0Error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_Mfile path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\fltmgr.sysproduct: Sistema operativo Microsoft® Windows®company: Microsoft Corporationdescription: Gestione filtri file system MicrosoftBug check description: This indicates that a syste

:)

gioeleangoli, Apr 25, 2021
  2. baxev2005 Win User

MBR Error 1 on cold boot

I recently upgraded a Toshiba A300 laptop (2009 model) from Win7 to Win10. I use a 125GB Kingston SSD as primary and a 280GB Hitachi as a secondary internal hard disk, in place of DVD drive, inside a craddle. This is a single OS installation, no dual boot. When I cold boot (from power on) and after the Bios logo, the "MBR Error 1" appears on screen and stops booting. To bypass I do a warm restart (Ctrl+Alt+Del) and the second (warm) boot loads Win 10. Also booting is ok from a Restart. Again error message appears only after a cold boot.
    As a teaser I have to mention that, whenever I remove the craddle with the secondary Hitachi hard disk, the error does not appear during cold boot !!!. That is the error message appeares only if the second hard disk is installed. Does anybody have any suggestion on what might cause it and a possible solution??
    This is an annoying situation only and does not affect any other operation, except booting.
    Thanks in advance

baxev2005, Apr 25, 2021
  3. DPM2009 Win User
    Windows 1903: Collapsed Start Menu after cold boot

I use Start Full Screen similar to Windows 8, containing 111 tiles to my most used apps.

The latest version of Windows 10 Pro 64-bit version 1903 Build 18362.239 has been installed.

Issue

After each cold boot, the first time I start the Start Menu, the top menu tiles are collapsed into the row below.

This behavior happened after upgrading to Windows 1903.

Workaround

Only if I sign out and sign in again, will the menu display correctly.

Questions

1. Are there more people experiencing this issue?
    2. Is there a way to restore the correct Start Menu behavior after a cold boot?

Cheers,

Dave

DPM2009, Apr 25, 2021
  4. ElderJohn Win User

BOSD errors,what it can be?only when booting a cold start.

BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE randomly after cold boot/sleep

For the past month I have been getting random BSOD's all with driver power state failure. They happen randomly, usually within the first 5-10 minutes of cold booting or waking my computer. Steps I have taken to attempt to fix the problem:
    1. Reinstalled GPU drivers/ tried old drivers
    2. Fresh installed Windows 1803, still happened, then fresh installed 1709
    3. Disabled Fast Boot
    None of these things fixed the issue, any help would be much appreciated at pinpointing the issue. Thanks

ElderJohn, Apr 25, 2021
Thema:

BOSD errors,what it can be?only when booting a cold start.

1. BOSD errors,what it can be?only when booting a cold start. - Similar Threads - BOSD errors booting

2. BSOD on cold start only

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on cold start only: Hello, Recently been having BSOD on cold starts only. From what I have read online it indicates a memory module fail. I have looked at the minidump and there is an indication of a memory issue but I'm not sure if I am reading the dump file correctly. Also, are there any...
  3. Sound only works on cold boot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound only works on cold boot: Hello, I have an awesome Dell laptop running the latest version of Windows 10 that I have had for a couple of years now. I have had this issue since I bought the laptop and have never been able to get the issue resolved. When I cold boot the computer, sound works fine....
  4. BSOD on cold boot only

BSOD on cold boot only: Hi all, this is a duplicate of this post that I posted in the wrong section. Just delete that post. Sorry for making a mess, I'm new on this forum. So: my problem is with my custom build PC, and any help would be greatly appreciated. My problem is similar to the one...
  5. No Startup Sound at boot from cold start.

in Windows 10 Support
    No Startup Sound at boot from cold start.: Whenever I do a restart boot I get the Windows Startup sound. If I boot from Shutdown I do not get it. Is this the way it should be? Thank you. 131275
  6. BSOD on cold boot only

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD on cold boot only: Hi all, I have a problem with my custom build desktop that is a bit annoying, and any help would be greatly appreciated. My problem is similar to the one described here. My problem is that every cold boot (by this I mean a start of the computer after it has been shut down...
  7. SpatialAudioLicenseSrv.exe- Application Error at cold boot, only sometimes. 1809

SpatialAudioLicenseSrv.exe- Application Error at cold boot, only sometimes. 1809: SpatialAudioLicenseSrv.exe- Application Error at cold boot, BUT only sometimes. Windows 1****ae</Data> <Data> </Data> <Data> </Data> </EventData> </Event> Thanks for any help, Rob...
  8. Memory Management BSOD (only when I cold boot)

Memory Management BSOD (only when I cold boot): So I just had an issue where I would be taken to a blank desktop with no background or icons when I logged into my account. What I did was the only thing I could do; turn the power off, and then back on. But this took me to a blue screen with the error code MEMORY MANAGEMENT....
  9. BSOD on only cold boots

BSOD on only cold boots: I got a custom built pc for christmas and it has been getting BSOD's since it was built and they have only been happening on cold boots, and the file that is having problems is ntoskrnl. I would love if someone could find the problem that has been going on for weeks. 39014
  10. MBR Error 1 on cold boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MBR Error 1 on cold boot: I recently upgraded a Toshiba A300 laptop (2009 model) from Win7 to Win10. I use a 125GB Kingston SSD as primary and a 280GB Hitachi as a secondary internal hard disk, in place of DVD drive, inside a craddle. This is a single OS installation, no dual boot. When I cold boot...