Windows 10: BOSD on random occasions (Possibly Driver Issue?)

Discus and support BOSD on random occasions (Possibly Driver Issue?) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi guys. My dad bought a computer with high specs that i am very thankful for. The first week we have used it, it displayed a blue screen a couple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/onecoolredditboi, Dec 27, 2020.

1. BOSD on random occasions (Possibly Driver Issue?)

Hi guys. My dad bought a computer with high specs that i am very thankful for. The first week we have used it, it displayed a blue screen a couple times despite it being brand new with only a chrome browser and ms office installed. These BOSD's happen before i installed any games or applications used for work. It was alarming but since i didn't lose any data i figured we can have a technician look at this for us in the future. But its come to the point where i cant do my work or play my games properly due to blue screens.

The BSOD happens randomly but moreso while playing games with heavy requirements. I tried playing Watchdogs this night on the highest graphics but it kept rebooting where i had to guess which settings i could only run it.

The computer specs are:

• Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor
    • Video Card: Radeon RX 570 Series
    • RAM: 8gb
    • Windows 10 Pro x64 bit

with a zspeed ssd 256gb hard drive.

Regarding the types of errors, here are a few i listed down:

• KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION
    • DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER
    • IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (happens often)
    • SYSTEM_SERVICE_SHUTDOWN
    • PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA
    • APC_INDEX_MISMATCH (happens often when gaming)
    • KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
    • and a bunch of kernel errors

There were a some i missed because i got tired writing down errors i couldn't understand. I've searched the most frequent ones that happened and most of it said that it had a broken/corrupted driver that i should either update/rollback/disable. And yes it was my first guess that it would've been most likely a graphic driver issue but whenever i update the driver from Device Manager it just starts a download and never finishes. I also tried manually downloading a driver from this site since i checked the current one was outdated and took a shot that it might fix it. https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-20-9-1

i've also tried several cmd commands, checking my hard drives for a memory issue, scanning drives, checking my drivers to see if they are updated (viaDeviceManager). They just all came back positive and see no problem. Which makes narrowing down the problem even harder. I'm not too tech savvy but I know a thing or two about computers. This is also my first time using Win10 OS so everything still baffles my mind.

Oh, and my System Diagnostic Tool is missing from my pc so that's good to know. Thanks to anyone who can help!

submitted by /u/onecoolredditboi
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/onecoolredditboi, Dec 27, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 27, 2020
  3. BOSD Thread stuck in device driver

so around a month ago i bought a new pc

Ryzen 3 3200g

RAM 8gb

Ssd 120gb

My old 120gb harddisk

Asrock 320 hdv pro

i want to play games and i need to re-install my amd driver. So i did it. but lately i often got BOSD that says Code: Thread stuck in device driver.

Everytime i play Dota 2 and open "Line" i will get that BOSD Thread stuck in device driver. I don't understand why that happen. But everytime i play games my monitor freezes and BOSD come out from knowhere. Usually i got this BOSD around 3 times in a row
    in 1 day. Can you answer my question i really need help. Thanks

Malvin Revido, Dec 27, 2020
  4. BOSD on random occasions (Possibly Driver Issue?)

Drivers possibly causing random computer freezes/crashes

Hi,

For us to properly isolate the random freeze/crash issue of your computer, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you getting any error messages? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve this?

There is a possibility that some of your system files has been corrupted. We suggest that you try to run the
    System File Checker (SFC) scan and use the
    Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool.

SFC utility allows administrators to perform a scan of all protected resources to verify that they are the correct version. If SFC should find any incorrect versions in any of these protected resources, SFC will replace them with the correct versions, while
    DISM, it will resolve some damaged or corrupted system files that SFC can't repair.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Dec 27, 2020
Thema:

BOSD on random occasions (Possibly Driver Issue?)

1. BOSD on random occasions (Possibly Driver Issue?) - Similar Threads - BOSD random occasions

2. PC Deadlocking; Possible driver issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Deadlocking; Possible driver issue?: PC keeps deadlocking; Gave me blue screen once and error code said something with "driver". I have already done all available windows updates with driver updates and it still happens occasionally. I have a minidump file if anyone can have a look and help. It may also help to...
  3. Possible Driver Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Possible Driver Issue: My PC keeps restarting when playing various games. They're all games that the hardware should easily run and I've gone through aa myriad of steps to attempt a fix on this issue. I recently found a post on here regarding running a driver verifier and did that. Now I'm trying...
  4. Possible Driver Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Possible Driver Issue: My PC keeps restarting when playing various games. They're all games that the hardware should easily run and I've gone through aa myriad of steps to attempt a fix on this issue. I recently found a post on here regarding running a driver verifier and did that. Now I'm trying...
  5. BOSD on random occasions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BOSD on random occasions: Hi guys. My dad bought me a beast of a computer which i'm very thankful for. The specs are: Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor 3.59GHz Video Card: Radeon RX 570 Series RAM: 8 GB submitted by /u/onecoolredditboi [link] [comments]...
  6. Possible issue with Driver updating

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Possible issue with Driver updating: Hi, I’ve started to update my drivers manually today with the help of Drivers Easy. I got driver updates for all three of the “Intel(R) Atom(TM)/Celeron(R)/Pentium(R) Processor PCI Express - Root Ports and manually installed them. As I was updating Root Port 2 I accidentally...
  7. BOSD at random: DRIVER_IQRL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - ETD.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BOSD at random: DRIVER_IQRL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - ETD.sys: Hello Friends, i have a problem with my university laptop. Last couple of days I had a few BSOD's while writing E-Mails or using word etc. nothing particular unsual. The driver seems to be for the tracking pad but i havent really touched any setting whatsoever. Maybe...
  8. BSOD at random occasions (ntoskrln.exe 0x3B System_Service_Exception)

BSOD at random occasions (ntoskrln.exe 0x3B System_Service_Exception): First of all, I tried using dm_log_collector, but it just crashed my pc again.So I have my mini dumps folder right here : MINIDUMPS The SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION bsod is literally hunting me. It happens at random times during the day, making it impossible for me to figure...
  9. Annoying issue BOSD

Annoying issue BOSD: My computer has a BOSD problem. I have run your tool and here are the two files it created. Every day or so I will hear a short buzz (1-second low volume) if I ignore it, within 5 minutes the computer will crash with a BOSD. It says: Driver_irql_not_less_or_equal Computer...
  10. Occasional Random BOSD, related to the kernal -potential memory issue?

Occasional Random BOSD, related to the kernal -potential memory issue?: I ran dm_log_collector.exe, and I think it grabbed all of my BSODs (some I think I fixed). But if you look at the most recent one (and similar ones) -- that is the type of error I'm talking about. According to BSOD Viewer, my error occurs at ntoskrnl.exe+142770 and is this...