Windows 10: BOSD when trying to play any games

Discus and support BOSD when trying to play any games in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am at my wits end here. For the last 2-3 months Ive been getting BSODs whenever I try and play ANY games (PUBG, CS:GO, Fortnite... anything). Ive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jburke232, Dec 16, 2017.

1. jburke232 Win User

BOSD when trying to play any games

I am at my wits end here. For the last 2-3 months Ive been getting BSODs whenever I try and play ANY games (PUBG, CS:GO, Fortnite... anything). Ive tried everything I could find or think of. All drivers were updated, BiOS was updated to latest version. Today I decided to do a complete fresh install of Win 10. Installed all my drivers, downloaded PUBG... and BSOD, Critical process failed (like always). According to "WhoCrashed", the dump files point to ntdll.sys and ntoskrnl.exe, but that's where I hit a brick wall. My system was built in July, and ran perfect for the first 2 or 3 months before this happened. When it first happened, I had just updated my GPU drivers, and ran a BiOS update. I'm thinking this is probably a hardware issue, since right now my system is as fresh as it can be, I'm just not sure exactly what piece of hardware is the issue.

Ive attached the results from the dm_log_collector.

Please help.

DESKTOP-FNSM5GB-Sat_12_16_2017_171211_63.zip

:)

jburke232, Dec 16, 2017

2. Now when I try to play any games from any source it brings up the message of I need to have administrative privileges.

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience caused and we will try our best to resolve the issue.

To assist you better, I like to know; is your account show as administrator in users accounts list?

To check for the users account in your system, follow the below steps:

1) Press Windows + r and type netplwiz, press Enter.

2) Check for the Administrator account.

If you don’t have administrator account, enable Build in administrator account, login to your computer through
    Build in administrator account and change your previous account type to Administrator.

Follow the below steps.

Step 1: Enable Build in administration account.

1) Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.

2) Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open Command Prompt.

3) Type the following command and hit Enter:

net user administrator /active: yes (Check for the spaces)

4) Now log off from the current user.

Step 2: Log in to your computer, through Build in Administrator account.

1) Press Windows + r and type netplwiz, press Enter.

2) Select your old user account.

3) Click on Properties button.

4) Click on Group Membership tab and check on
    Administrator

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you,

Santosh_Rai, Dec 16, 2017
  3. Now when I try to play any games from any source it brings up the message of I need to have administrative privileges.

I dl'ed both windows 10 installer and the win 10 OS itself, and ran it, it was on my computer for about 7 hours then appeared to just not be there any longer, running my regular Win 7. Now when I try to play any games from
    any source it brings up the message of I need to have administrative privileges. I already have them, and re-entered them just to make sure, still gives the same message. Please, how do I get the Win 10 off or change my admin. settings so I can get back to
    gaming??????

Thanks for any assist.

OP - Windows 10 Failure

phyonixx01, Dec 16, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

Hi jburke232 .

Welcome to Ten Forums BSOD Forum.

There were 2 BSOD mini dump files.
    When debugged they did not display a definitive misbehaving driver.
    The bugcheck was: 0xEF: Critical process died.

Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:
    1) sfc /scannow
    2) dism /online /clean-image /restorehealth
    3) chkdsk /scan
    4) When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on edit then copy > paste into the thread
    5) create a brand new restore point

6) Windows driver verifier is a tool that will repetitively produce BSOD until misbehaving drivers are fixed or the tool is turned off.
    There are 3 methods to turn off the tool and all are done using the Windows advanced troubleshooting menu:
    a) startup options (not startup repair) > click restart > select #6 safe mode with command prompt > type: verifier /reset
    b) command prompt > Administrator X:\windows\system32.cmd.exe > type: verifier /bootmode resetonbootfail
    c) system restore

The methods to turn off windows driver verifer should be done a > b > c only if the prior mode has failed. Using system restore often leads to loss of the dump with little progress in the troubleshooting.

7) Modify the startup and recovery settings so that automatic restart is un-checked:
    In the left lower corner search type: system > open system control panel > on the left pane click advanced system settings > on the advanced tab under startup and recovery click settings > under system failure un-check automatically restart

After each BSOD there will be a displayed bugcheck and there may be a displayed misbehaving driver. If you see the driver displayed in the form *.sys post this information into the thread.

Each misbehaving driver will be uninstalled. A replacement driver can be immediately installed or can be installed after all misbehaving are uninstalled. The end result should be the same.

Plan to run Windows driver verifer for 48 hours. After the last dump windows driver verifier will be run for an additional 36 hours. If there are no longer any BSOD the troubleshooting with the tool will be completed.

There may be some sluggishness while using Windows driver verifier.

8) After each BSOD run the DM log collector and place a new zip into the thread:
    BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums

Use the information in this link for the test settings:
    Driver Verifier-- tracking down a mis-behaving driver. - Microsoft Community

Use the information in this link for turning off windows driver verifier:
    Enable and Disable Driver Verifier in Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

zbook, Dec 16, 2017
  5. jburke232 Win User
    zbook, thanks for your reply. Below are the results from steps 1-5 in the command prompt. The "dism" command returned an error of "The clean-image option is unknown".

Upon investigating through the help pages for dism.exe, I did find an option of "cleanup-image" that also has a sub-modifier of "/restorehealth", should I re-run the check with cleanup-image instead of clean-image?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________ ____________________

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.16299.125](c) 2017 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.
    Beginning verification phase of system scan.
    Verification 100% complete.
    Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>dism /online /clean-image /restorehealth
    Deployment Image Servicing and Management toolVersion: 10.0.16299.15
    Image Version: 10.0.16299.125
    Error: 87
    The clean-image option is unknown.
    For more information, refer to the help by running DISM.exe /?.
    The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log

C:\WINDOWS\system32>dism /online /clean-image /restorehealth
    Deployment Image Servicing and Management toolVersion: 10.0.16299.15
    Error: 87
    The clean-image option is unknown.
    For more information, refer to the help by running DISM.exe /?.
    The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log

C:\WINDOWS\system32>chkdsk /scan
    The type of the file system is NTFS.
    Volume label is Windows.
    Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure ... 808960 file records processed.
    File verification completed.
    10548 large file records processed.
    0 bad file records processed.

Stage 2: Examining file name linkage ... 30814 reparse records processed.
    966016 index entries processed.
    Index verification completed.
    0 unindexed files scanned.
    0 unindexed files recovered to lost and found.
    30814 reparse records processed.

Stage 3: Examining security descriptors ...Security descriptor verification completed.
    78529 data files processed.
    CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal... 39934536 USN bytes processed.
    Usn Journal verification completed.
    Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems.
    No further action is required.
    974953249 KB total disk space.
    441725112 KB in 509331 files.
    284720 KB in 78530 indexes.
    0 KB in bad sectors.
    954293 KB in use by the system.
    65536 KB occupied by the log file.
    531989124 KB available on disk.
    4096 bytes in each allocation unit.
    243738312 total allocation units on disk.
    132997281 allocation units available on disk.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

jburke232, Dec 16, 2017
  6. zbook New Member
    1) Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:
    2) dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth
    3) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    4) When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on edit then copy > paste into the thread

zbook, Dec 16, 2017
  7. jburke232 Win User
    I went ahead and ran "dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth". Below is the output:
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________
    C:\WINDOWS\system32>dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.16299.15

[==========================100.0%==========================]
    The restore operation completed successfully.
    The operation completed successfully.

jburke232, Dec 16, 2017
  8. jburke232 Win User

Ran /scanhealth, and /restorehealth. Below are the outputs of each:

____________________________________________________________________________________

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.16299.125]
    (c) 2017 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth

No component store corruption detected.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

The restore operation completed successfully.

jburke232, Dec 16, 2017
  9. zbook New Member
    Okay. Later today if you have made a brand new restore point and are comfortable with the Windows advanced troubleshooting menu you can start using Windows driver verifier.

To practice using the windows advanced troubleshooting menu:
    1) open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:
    shutdown /r /o /f /t 00
    or
    2) click the left lower corner Microsoft icon > click power icon > hold down the shift key > click restart while holding down the shift key

zbook, Dec 16, 2017
  10. jburke232 Win User
    Ran driver verifier and got a fail at boot with "I2ChkBurn.sys"

jburke232, Dec 16, 2017
  11. jburke232 Win User
    Booted into safe mode and deleted I2ChkBurn.sys from the drivers folder.
    rebooted and restarted the verifier.
    Got another immediate BSOD, this time with "LGBusEnum.sys".

This is going to be a VERY long process if this keeps happening at every reboot *Sad

jburke232, Dec 16, 2017
  12. zbook New Member
    These were misbehaving drivers:
    lgbusenum.sys Logitech Gaming Virtual Bus Enumerator Driver Keyboard
    vhidmini.sys Virtual Hid Device

It will be faster to use this technique to update the driver:Updating a driver: Updating a driver. - Microsoft Community

Sometimes drivers must be uninstalled and reinstalled.
    And sometimes they need to be completely uninstalled.
    And other times rolled back.

So use device manger and follow the the link for updating at this time.

Code: lgbusenum Logitech Gaming Virtual Bus Enumerator Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\lgbusenum.sys Kernel Driver Yes Manual Running OK Normal No Yes[/quote] Code: vhidmini Virtual Hid Device c:\windows\system32\drivers\vhidmini.sys Kernel Driver Yes Manual Running OK Ignore No Yes[/quote] vhidmini.sys most likely an IVT Corporation BlueSolei Bluetooth HID Mini driver BlueSoleil, the most easy-to-use, innovative and interoperable Bluetooth software, Bluetooth driver
    LGBusEnum.sys Logitech Keyboard http://www.logitech.com/en-us/suppor...oads/downloads

Code: 12/17/2017 9:29 AM Windows Error Reporting Fault bucket , type 0 Event Name: BlueScreen Response: Not available Cab Id: 0 Problem signature: P1: c4 P2: 2004 P3: ffffd78c59fc2b48 P4: fffff8051de301f0 P5: ffffaf8cd21020c8 P6: 10_0_16299 P7: 0_0 P8: 256_1 P9: P10: Attached files: \\?\C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\121717-16312-01.dmp \\?\C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\WER-18000-0.sysdata.xml \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER52D3.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml These files may be available here: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\Kernel_c4_3bfef3d48c5298bfebd3e3b50bc496c3485e50_00000000_cab_02e852e2 Analysis symbol: Rechecking for solution: 0 Report Id: 05d7dd73-0338-4f40-a172-db0eaf31d15a Report Status: 4 Hashed bucket:12/17/2017 8:17 AM Windows Error Reporting Fault bucket , type 0 Event Name: BlueScreen Response: Not available Cab Id: 0 Problem signature: P1: c9 P2: 220 P3: fffff80041c31e50 P4: ffff97899b6c2d80 P5: ffff988cfe7ee060 P6: 10_0_16299 P7: 0_0 P8: 256_1 P9: P10: Attached files: \\?\C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\121717-20234-01.dmp \\?\C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\WER-24281-0.sysdata.xml \\?\C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER6F5E.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml These files may be available here: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\Kernel_c9_3829e314b2b5c3333637d3f7c45529a311cd19fc_00000000_cab_03006f54 Analysis symbol: Rechecking for solution: 0 Report Id: c13faebb-45e4-448e-bdc6-f60e1cc882f1 Report Status: 4 Hashed bucket:[/quote] Code: 12/17/2017 9:31 AM Windows Error Reporting Fault bucket 0xc4_2004_nt!MmLoadSystemImageEx, type 0 Event Name: BlueScreen Response: Not available Cab Id: fdbf80c5-3994-45e8-82f7-c59e20c9a7b9 Problem signature: P1: c4 P2: 2004 P3: ffffd78c59fc2b48 P4: fffff8051de301f0 P5: ffffaf8cd21020c8 P6: 10_0_16299 P7: 0_0 P8: 256_1 P9: P10: Attached files: \\?\C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\121717-16312-01.dmp \\?\C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\WER-18000-0.sysdata.xml \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER52D3.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml These files may be available here: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\Kernel_c4_3bfef3d48c5298bfebd3e3b50bc496c3485e50_00000000_cab_0b64707c Analysis symbol: Rechecking for solution: 0 Report Id: 05d7dd73-0338-4f40-a172-db0eaf31d15a Report Status: 268435456 Hashed bucket:[/quote]

zbook, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BOSD when trying to play any games - Similar Threads - BOSD trying play

2. Random BOSD when i play games???

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BOSD when i play games???: First had a BOSD happen when i would play Apex so i stopped playing it for a while to avoid it and now that Overwatch 2 is out I'm having the same problems on there it's happened like 10 times already I've already switched my ram sticks, did a memtest, updated the drivers,...
  3. Random BOSD when i play games???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BOSD when i play games???: First had a BOSD happen when i would play Apex so i stopped playing it for a while to avoid it and now that Overwatch 2 is out I'm having the same problems on there it's happened like 10 times already I've already switched my ram sticks, did a memtest, updated the drivers,...
  4. Random BOSD when i play games???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Recently got a BOSD while playing a game

Recently got a BOSD while playing a game: This is the first time that it has happened. I have tried to read the dump files using WinDbg but I had no idea what I was looking at haha.Problem signature: Problem Event Name: BlueScreen Code: a Parameter 1: 740af368 Parameter 2: 2 Parameter 3: 1 Parameter 4:...
  6. Recently got a BOSD while playing a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recently got a BOSD while playing a game: This is the first time that is has happened. I have tried to read the dump files using WinDbg but I had no idea what I was looking at haha.Problem signature: Problem Event Name: BlueScreen Code: a Parameter 1: 740af368 Parameter 2: 2 Parameter 3: 1 Parameter 4:...
  7. Recently got a BOSD while playing a game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recently got a BOSD while playing a game: This is the first time that is has happened. I have tried to read the dump files using WinDbg but I had no idea what I was looking at haha.Problem signature: Problem Event Name: BlueScreen Code: a Parameter 1: 740af368 Parameter 2: 2 Parameter 3: 1 Parameter 4:...
  8. Assorted BOSD Errors When Gaming

Assorted BOSD Errors When Gaming: Hi there, For about a month now, my PC has been experiencing BSOD whilst playing games (specifically Overwatch, but also Firewatch and Watch_Dogs 2 among others). All of my drivers are up to date, and Windows 10's inbuilt Blue Screen troubleshooting tool could not find...
  9. BSOD when playing any game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when playing any game: Gday all, For the past few months I've been getting crashes to the blue screen or just random restarts, mainly BSOD. There's a link to my data dumps and my system info, I'm hoping this is the right place to put them. The time before last crash I got the IRQL NOT LESS OR...
  10. mouse disappears when trying to play any game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse disappears when trying to play any game: lve recently updated to Win10, so far my experience has been pretty good up till today. several games one issue.. windowed or otherwise all games lack one important feature.. my mouse disappears, yes its there somewhere but the problem is guessing where it is because it goes...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bosd fault finding whilst playing games