Windows 10: Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 show up as Unspecified/non-audio device upon initial...

Discus and support Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 show up as Unspecified/non-audio device upon initial... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When connecting headphones to Windows 10 the first time, they are not added as an audio device and appear under Other Devices. Headphones do not appear... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CrescentDuchess, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 show up as Unspecified/non-audio device upon initial...

When connecting headphones to Windows 10 the first time, they are not added as an audio device and appear under Other Devices. Headphones do not appear as an option in the Sound control panel. Going into Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers and enabling all Bluetooth Services in the Properties of the Headphones in the Unspecified section makes them appear as an audio device.

Audio played through headphones Chrome, Groove, iTunes is choppy, intermittent, and distorted. There are popping or crackling sounds when audio is playing and when it isn't. Audio plays perfectly fine when connected to Pixel phone or Mac. No such issues on those devices.

Steps take to resolve:
    Set as default device
    Disabled all background services

Rebooted / reset headphones
    Cleared bluetooth device list from headphones
    Removed headphones from bluetooth list of all devices

Unpaired and re-paired, only to PC
    Restarted PC
    Updated PC
    Updated headphones
    Ran Windows control panel troubleshooters

Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 show up as Unspecified/non-audio device upon initial... 1e29216d-2088-4aa8-baea-326310a1d98b?upload=true.png

Is there any way to fix this problem?

:)

CrescentDuchess, Aug 1, 2020

2. Bose Introduces the QuietComfort 25 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones

Today, Bose introduces the QuietComfort 25 Acoustic Noise Cancelling headphones, the next generation of its category-defining QuietComfort headphones. The new QuietComfort 25 headphones feature an entirely new design, combining better noise reduction and audio performance with a stunning new look and greater portability. They replace the legendary QC15 headphones and will be available beginning September 3, 2014.

"The QuietComfort 25 headphones set a new standard for performance," said Sean Garrett, vice president of the Bose Noise Reduction Technology Group. "We improved nearly every dimension -- greater noise reduction, lifelike audio, a striking new profile and styles, and a new earcup pivot to fold up smaller than ever. We weren't going to replace the QC15 headphones unless we had something that was better and different -- and the QC25 is both."

Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 show up as Unspecified/non-audio device upon initial... Bose_QuietComfort_25_01_thm.jpg

Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 show up as Unspecified/non-audio device upon initial... Bose_QuietComfort_25_02_thm.jpg

The QuietComfort 25 headphones benefit from over 30 years of ongoing research, cancelling more noise than any other Bose consumer headphone in history -- especially at low frequencies. Bose engineers placed microphones both inside and outside the earcup to better sense and measure unwanted sounds. The measurements are then sent to a digital electronic chip, exclusive to Bose, that calculates a more precise equal and opposite noise cancellation signal -- within a fraction of a millisecond. So powerful, the Bose chip reduces the footprint of the headphone's electronics, while delivering a new level of quiet for around-ear headphones. Distractions instantly fade away, even in the most demanding environments.

The QuietComfort 25 headphones feature audio advancements to reproduce music with improved clarity and accuracy. A more finely tuned Active EQ delivers a demonstrably smoother frequency response across the full spectrum of sound, regardless of listening level. TriPort technology delivers deep, detailed low notes, while a lower noise floor reduces the common "hiss" associated with conventional active noise cancelling headphones. The improvements can be heard and felt: every recording is reproduced more naturally, regardless of genre. There is no distortion or exaggeration of instruments or vocals. Instead, the QC25 headphones stay true to Bose's 50-year pursuit of recreating -- rather than reinventing -- a live performance.

The QuietComfort 25 headphones come with a single AAA battery for up to 35 hours of use. And if the battery dies, the music plays on. An inline remote and mic make it easy to take calls with select iPod, iPhone and iPad models, and select smartphones.

The QuietComfort 25 headphones have a new look and profile, steeped in the Bose brand -- authentic, modern, and minimal. Its mechanical design, including materials, angles, arc lengths and headband radii, was re-engineered to sit closer to the head. The headband design is proprietary, and its pad uses an engineered fabric found in high-end automotive applications. The ear cushions are made of protein leather, and the earcups feature a soft-touch TPE bumper and cast zinc pivot. Comfortable and light-yet secure, the QC25 headphones are built to last, and fold and fit in a carrying case that's smaller than any in the industry.

"There's no substitute for long-term research," said Garrett. "For over three decades, our engineers have woken up every day trying to make a better headphone. The QC25 headphones are a great example of that commitment."

The QuietComfort Story
    In 2000, 22 years after Dr. Amar Bose's original noise cancellation research, Bose introduced the original QuietComfort noise cancelling headphones, forever changing the consumer headphone category. In 2003, with advancements in noise reduction, audio quality and electronics, Bose unveiled the QuietComfort 2 Acoustic Noise Cancelling headphones, setting another standard for performance in an around-ear design. Three years later, Bose introduced its first on-ear noise cancelling headphones, the QuietComfort 3 Acoustic Noise Cancelling headphones, offering the line's renowned performance in a smaller design.

The pursuit for a better headphone continued, and in 2009, Bose debuted the QuietComfort 15 Acoustic Noise Cancelling headphones, which soon became -- and remained -- the industry standard for performance and quality. In 2013, Bose announced the QuietComfort 20 Acoustic Noise Cancelling headphones, featuring more U.S. patents than any Bose headphones ever made, and a level of noise reduction previously unattainable in an in-ear design. Today, with the benefit of over three decades of ongoing research, the company proudly introduces the QuietComfort 25 Acoustic Noise Cancelling headphones, representing another chapter in the iconic product line's history.

Pricing and Availability
    The Bose QuietComfort 25 headphones come in two variants: Black or White, each with blue accents. They're available for $299.95 beginning September 3, 2014, and will be sold at Bose retail stores, Bose.com, authorized Bose dealers and toll free at 1-800-444-BOSE (2673). The QC25 headphones can also be customized with a nearly limitless combination of colors for $399.95. Customers can design, share and save their styles on Bose.com beginning today, and orders will be taken in November 2014.

Cristian_25H, Aug 1, 2020
  3. Bose wireless headphones not recognized.

Remove headphones from Device Manager

Sometimes there might be issues with Bose Bluetooth headphones on Windows 10, but users reported that this issue can be fixed simply by removing your headphones from Device Manager. To do that, follow these steps:

Press Windows Key + X and choose Device Manager from the list.

device-manager

Locate your headphones in Device Manager, right click them and choose Uninstall.

uninstall-driver

After you’ve deleted Bose headphones from Device Manager, they should appear as headphones in Bluetooth devices list. Try pairing your PC with Bose headphones, but if the pairing doesn’t work you’ll need to delete the headphones’ memory. To do that, follow
    these steps:

On your Bose headphones slide the Power button up to the Bluetooth symbol and hold it there for 10 seconds.

Now headphones should appear in the Bluetooth devices list, and you’ll be able to connect them to your PC.

Some users are suggesting that you don’t need to delete the device from Device Manager, you just have to delete the headphones’ memory by following the instructions above.

Solution 2 – Uninstall your audio driver and install the latest audio driver

If you’re using wired Bose headphones, you might want to try removing your audio driver in order to fix any potential issues. To remove an audio driver, just go to Device Manager, locate your audio driver, right click it and choose Uninstall. After uninstalling
    the audio driver, it’s recommended to go to your motherboard or sound card manufacturer’s website and download the latest audio driver.

Few users also suggest installing audio drivers by using the compatibility mode. To do that, follow these steps:

Locate the audio driver setup file and right click it. Choose Properties

Navigate to Compatibility tab and check Run this program in compatibility mode for.

Select one of the previous versions of Windows, for example Windows 7, and click Apply and OK to save changes.

Run the setup file and install the latest audio drivers.

Use a Bluetooth adapter / update your Bluetooth drivers

Problems with Bose headphones can be caused by Bluetooth drivers, so make sure that they are up to date before connecting Bose Bluetooth headphones. If you have the latest drivers, but the problem still persists, you might want to use a Bluetooth adapter. Users
    reported that after buying a Bluetooth adapter and installing the necessary drivers the issue was resolved. While buying a Bluetooth adapter, make sure to choose one that comes with with a driver CD in order to avoid any further Bluetooth issues.

Andre Da Costa, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 show up as Unspecified/non-audio device upon initial...

Bluetooth Headset shows up as unspecified device

I had a similar problem with my B&O H7 Headphones. They were already paired with my phone but I had switched bluetooth off on the phone and turned the headphones off/on before connecting them to my laptop. They came up as unspecified. In the case of the
    H7 headphones the missing step was to put them back into full pairing mode - slide to bluetooth symbol for > 2 seconds. Once I did this they showed up as a proper audio device.

bardgetafix, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 show up as Unspecified/non-audio device upon initial...

1. Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 show up as Unspecified/non-audio device upon initial... - Similar Threads - Bose Noise Cancelling

2. Bose NC 700 Headphones Not Connecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bose NC 700 Headphones Not Connecting: Bose NC 700 HP can't connect windows 11. It can find it though. Just dont connect.I have tried to add device... It worked before I bought a new PC with windows 11... I have tried to remove and find it......
  3. Bose NC 700 Headphones Not Connecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bose NC 700 Headphones Not Connecting: Bose NC 700 HP can't connect windows 11. It can find it though. Just dont connect.I have tried to add device... It worked before I bought a new PC with windows 11... I have tried to remove and find it......
  4. Clicking/Crackling/Popping/Throbbing Noise Emitted by Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clicking/Crackling/Popping/Throbbing Noise Emitted by Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700: This thread's purpose is to aid whoever faces and confront a similar hurdle to that which I have encountered. Summary:Briefly, while I was working on my previous laptop Inspiron 15 5584, it has shut down abruptly. The laptop could not be salvaged, it turned out that the...
  5. Clicking/Crackling/Popping/Throbbing Noise Emitted by Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700

Clicking/Crackling/Popping/Throbbing Noise Emitted by Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700: This thread's purpose is to aid whoever faces and confront a similar hurdle to that which I have encountered. Summary:Briefly, while I was working on my previous laptop Inspiron 15 5584, it has shut down abruptly. The laptop could not be salvaged, it turned out that the...
  6. Clicking/Crackling/Popping/Throbbing Noise Emitted by Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Bose NC 700 Headphones Not Connecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bose NC 700 Headphones Not Connecting: I updated the Bluetooth drivers on my laptop today and once I did, the media buttons on my headphones stopped working over Bluetooth. I first tried forgetting and repairing the headphones to no avail, so I tried rolling back the drivers. Now I am back on the original...
  8. Bose NC 700 Headphones Not Connecting

Bose NC 700 Headphones Not Connecting: I updated the Bluetooth drivers on my laptop today and once I did, the media buttons on my headphones stopped working over Bluetooth. I first tried forgetting and repairing the headphones to no avail, so I tried rolling back the drivers. Now I am back on the original...
  9. Bose NC 700 Headphones Not Connecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Settings crash when testing Bose 700 Headphones microphone

Settings crash when testing Bose 700 Headphones microphone: I have paired my Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 with windows. Detecting the device went fine both for Playback and Recording. When playing sounds from my pc it does so without any issue. The trouble starts once I try the microphone.In the sound test of windows settings....