Windows 10: Botched Microsoft Support help

Discus and support Botched Microsoft Support help in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've just gotten Windows 11 Single Language and wished to change that single language to another. There was a way around in Windows 10, but I wasn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AlexandreSoares366, Jan 8, 2022.

1. Botched Microsoft Support help

I've just gotten Windows 11 Single Language and wished to change that single language to another. There was a way around in Windows 10, but I wasn't sure about 11.A million attempts to contact support later, one girl finally took the time to hear me out and found a solution: updating to Windows 11 Pro. She took control of the computer and downloaded an ISO file of Windows and proceeded to install the whole thing in the language I specifically told her I didn't want, sending me instructions later on. She said I would be able to alternate between both language packs once I installed everything

:)

AlexandreSoares366, Jan 8, 2022

2. Microsoft Botches Up UEFI Support for Windows 7 on ASUS Motherboards

Botched Microsoft Support help [​IMG]

Microsoft suggests updating to Windows 10 to patch Windows 7
    • Tweet
    • Facebook
    • Google plus
    • Send to
    9 Comments

MICROSOFT HAS confirmed a potentially lappy-borking problem that it won't be fixing, because Windows 7.

Woody Leonhard, the respected Windows columnist, points to a problem involving Asus motherboards, which also appear rebadged in a variety of other manufacturers' machines, and the activation of UEFI Secure Boot for Windows 7 in a patch KB3133977.

Short version: install update, welcome to Borksville, population you.

Both Asus and Microsoft acknowledged the problem. Microsoft entitled the article "BitLocker can't encrypt drives because of service crashes in svchost.exe process in Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2", but we prefer to just call it "Trevor for brevity."

The firm's advice was that it's an optional update, leave well alone, you'll be fine, or alternatively turn secure boot off.

Then Microsoft did a silly, silly thing.

It moved the update from 'optional' to 'recommended' and anyone who reads this site regularly will know what happens when Microsoft does this. That's right boys and girls - it makes it automatically install, unless you've specifically told your machine not to.

So now, if you have one of the affected motherboard and you keep your security updates automatic like wot Microsoft recommends, then your machine will stop working properly.

We should add it's not permanently bricked, but it will take some mucking about in the BIOS to fix and that's a pain even for an experienced computer user.

Microsoft has, by offering a workaround, suggested heavily that it won't be fixing the problem, though we have asked the question, so expect a response in about a fortnight.

But the real kicker is this piece of advice: "Note The Secure Boot feature is supported in Windows 10. To learn more about the security advantages of this feature and about the upgrade path from Windows 7 to Windows 10, go to the following Windows website"

Holy toledo, this company really knows how to rub people up the wrong way.

After all - if the advice is to manually avoid the update or move to a version of the operating system where there's virtually no control over updates, then Microsoft is dealing in massive contradictions.

A more cynical site would suggest that it's yet another example of Microsoft running Windows 7 into the ground and adding built in obsolescence to encourage quicker updates. But we're not that sort of site.

Its the patching to force secure boot that is the problem win 7 does not support secure boot
    hence it borks systems and well microsofts answer is Cactus >your Asshole > insert

from the inquirer

dorsetknob, Jan 8, 2022
  3. archz2 Win User
    RE: Botched Updates

Here are the screenshots of various information acquired and tests done so far.

archz2, Jan 8, 2022
  4. archz2 Win User

Botched Microsoft Support help

Botched updates of windows update in the list

Buying this laptop in March 2019 and running so many hard drive tests in the last couple of days, I am pretty convinced that this issue is not from any hard drive trouble.

Initially I had NVIDIA driver version 425.31. Running the NVIDIA driver detection tool in internet explorer gave information about the latest driver update available (version 430.39 WHQL, release date April 23, 2019)

I tried installing the latest NVIDIA drivers but ran into the following error.

Then I removed the NVIDIA and intel drivers via display driver uninstaller, rebooted my system, then tried installing INTEL drivers again via intel driver support assistant. Then I rebooted and tried to install NVIDIA drivers but ran into the same error. I performed clean installation every time while installing the NVIDIA drivers.

Now the situation has become even worse. There is no NVIDIA driver installed on my system and I cannot install any NVIDIA drivers manually as well.

I successfully updated my BIOS to 1.25

Talking about INTEL drivers, the driver support assistant keeps showing always three updates which I download but it keeps showing them repeatedly no matter how many times I update my intel drivers via driver support assistant.

The Wireless AC9560 drivers are already installed and need no updating because the latest updated drivers via intel driver support assistant don't do a fresh installation and instead ask for change, repair or remove the existing drivers.

The bluetooth drivers install by showing tiny blinking blue circles arranged in a circular way.

Updating the intel graphics drivers via the device manager shows the following error.

Now I have zero nvidia drivers installed as can be seen in the following screenshot.

And no display drivers show up in my device manager. *cry

archz2, Jan 8, 2022
Thema:

Botched Microsoft Support help

1. Botched Microsoft Support help - Similar Threads - Botched Microsoft Support

2. Need help with Microsoft support.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with Microsoft support.: Hello, I was working in the program for a few months. I recently learned my files and programs were being fraudulently gone through. Tried contacting Microsoft, but no luck. First with virus’ then a burnt motherboard because of it. Someone was in my system often. Files on...
  3. Need help with Microsoft support.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help with Microsoft support.: Hello, I was working in the program for a few months. I recently learned my files and programs were being fraudulently gone through. Tried contacting Microsoft, but no luck. First with virus’ then a burnt motherboard because of it. Someone was in my system often. Files on...
  4. Botched Microsoft Support help

Botched Microsoft Support help: I've just gotten Windows 11 Single Language and wished to change that single language to another. There was a way around in Windows 10, but I wasn't sure about 11.A million attempts to contact support later, one girl finally took the time to hear me out and found a solution:...
  5. Microsoft Support is not helpful

Microsoft Support is not helpful: Microsoft is an absolute joke. I have been with a legit Microsoft account since 2002 began with Xbox live. Well recently my xbox stopped working and I was ready to buy the new series X. Low an behold, they are NOWHERE to be found. I waited months on end trying to get my hands...
  6. Microsoft Support is not helpful

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Support is not helpful: Microsoft is an absolute joke. I have been with a legit Microsoft account since 2002 began with Xbox live. Well recently my xbox stopped working and I was ready to buy the new series X. Low an behold, they are NOWHERE to be found. I waited months on end trying to get my hands...
  7. Microsoft Support chat was no help at all.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Support chat was no help at all.: Late last night to early in the morning I had a chat with a Microsoft support member. I explained to the person what my problem was, that I found some weird random file with my name on it that I had never seen before. I deleted it, and then found that I couldn't find any of...
  8. Botched dual boot attempt - HELP!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Botched dual boot attempt - HELP!: So here is the skinny: Computer in question already had working win 10 on it. Was running separate machine with XP on it for recording but machine died so I have to use win 10 machine. Have dual booted computers before so seemed like no big deal. Now win XP is installed but...
  9. Botched Upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Botched Upgrade: I have a botched Upgrade and quite sure it was because of an old BIOS not compatible with the Upgrade. I say this because I've seen this with many HP machines, and, there are Very New, and many BIOS Firmware updates present on the site for this pc. Not to mention all the BIOS...
  10. Microsoft Releases the Win 10 Tool That Helps Block Botched Updates

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Releases the Win 10 Tool That Helps Block Botched Updates: [img] Windows 10 TH2 finally brings Windows Update for Business With the release of Windows 10 Threshold 2, Microsoft says that its new desktop operating system finally becomes ready for the enterprise, as the update includes a series of new features specifically...