Windows 10: Both 2.4 and 5 ghz stopped showing in win 10 from router

Discus and support Both 2.4 and 5 ghz stopped showing in win 10 from router in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Dell XPS 11 with windows 10. I connected a netgear a6210 adapter and that connected to my router as WIFI 2. When I took off adapter, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RaDiOkArMa, Mar 6, 2021.

1. Both 2.4 and 5 ghz stopped showing in win 10 from router

I have a Dell XPS 11 with windows 10. I connected a netgear a6210 adapter and that connected to my router as WIFI 2. When I took off adapter, the laptop’s wifi adapter stopped showing my router’s 2.4 and 5ghz SSIDs. I am able to see them from my iPhone and other laptops. They are not set to hide. Ive ran some commands in command prompt to clear profile. I then restored my laptop fresh and still cant find the SSIDs. Im able to see and connect to other SSIDs. Any ideas? Thanks.

:)

RaDiOkArMa, Mar 6, 2021

2. 2.4 GHz SSID is not showing anymore while 5 GHz SSID is working fine.

Hi,

Until today 2.4 GHz network was working fine but after resetting the router 2.4 GHz SSID is not showing anymore. After resetting the router, I completed the setup process connected with 5 GHz SSID because couldn't connect the 2.4 GHz SSID that time. Then
    2.4 GHz SSID is vanished. But this same 2.4 GHz SSID is visible to my other laptop and mobile devices, no issues at all and working fine.

What is the issue with this laptop? I know this laptop supports both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz band and until today I was connected to 2.4 GHz SSID. The 5 GHz SSID is working fine but the shorter range is annoying sometimes.

Sukant Kumar Pati, Mar 6, 2021
  3. How Do I Access 5 GHz Band On AC1750?

I don't see a screen like the screenshot you posted allowing selection of 5 GHz in my Security Page. This is what I see, and there is no option to connect to 2 GHz or 5 GHz.

Both 2.4 and 5 ghz stopped showing in win 10 from router [​IMG]

I did login into the router. It lists the 5 Ghz band correctly, but is doesn't show up on Network Settings. Therefore, I cannot connect to it. I would think it should be there too, but it isn't as far as I can tell. The only entry in Network Settings is the 2.4 GHz one. What can I do to get the 5 GHz band recognized in order to connect?

TexasBandit, Mar 6, 2021
  4. tomrhyne Win User

Both 2.4 and 5 ghz stopped showing in win 10 from router

Atheros AR9485WB-EG Wireless Adapter - No 5 GHz Reception

This is my first post. I have an ASUS notebook running Windows 10 64 bit OS. I have a Linksys router transmitting on both 2.4 and 5 GHz. I can receive the 5 GHz signal on my iPhone but not on my notebook. Installed latest driver and when I go to the adapters' properties it only shows 802.1b Preamble with no way to select a or g. It is my understanding that b only receives 2.4 GHz. Looking for suggestions on how to receive 5 GHz or whether it is possible with this adapter. Thanks.

tomrhyne, Mar 6, 2021
Thema:

Both 2.4 and 5 ghz stopped showing in win 10 from router

1. Both 2.4 and 5 ghz stopped showing in win 10 from router - Similar Threads - Both ghz stopped

2. Answer This Question, 2 Cores + 2 Ghz Processor = 4 Ghz or 2 Ghz Each Core 1Ghz + 1 Ghz = 2...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Answer This Question, 2 Cores + 2 Ghz Processor = 4 Ghz or 2 Ghz Each Core 1Ghz + 1 Ghz = 2...: Correct or not?! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/answer-this-question-2-cores-2-ghz-processor-4-ghz/eb1a1d2d-90d7-49da-87bc-5f561398c240
  3. Answer This Question, 2 Cores + 2 Ghz Processor = 4 Ghz or 2 Ghz Each Core 1Ghz + 1 Ghz = 2...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Answer This Question, 2 Cores + 2 Ghz Processor = 4 Ghz or 2 Ghz Each Core 1Ghz + 1 Ghz = 2...: Correct or not?! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/answer-this-question-2-cores-2-ghz-processor-4-ghz/eb1a1d2d-90d7-49da-87bc-5f561398c240
  4. Task Manager shows 4.5x ghz but CPU is only 4 ghz - overheating now.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Manager shows 4.5x ghz but CPU is only 4 ghz - overheating now.: Hi, Today my CPU started overheating. All the fans are working and it is dust free. It is a 4790K/32RAM/1660Ti. the task manager shows 4.5+ ghz but it is only a 4.0. I never overclocked it. At rest the computer is 105 degree, and it now is at 115 while just doing a backup....
  5. 2 Windows 10 on volume 4 Both not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    2 Windows 10 on volume 4 Both not working: After I chose reset the pc, cloud download, and keep files. This happens, after it restarted when finished downloading the windows it shows the loading of "Resetting this PC" and it got stuck at 68%, i did not notice that the charger is unplug so while it got stuck at 68% for...
  6. 2 Windows 10 on version 4 Both not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    2 Windows 10 on version 4 Both not working: After I chose reset the pc, cloud download, and keep files. This happens, after it restarted when finished downloading the windows it shows the loading of "Resetting this PC" and it got stuck at 68%, i did not notice that the charger is unplug so while it got stuck at 68% for...
  7. 2.4 GHz SSID is not showing anymore while 5 GHz SSID is working fine.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    2.4 GHz SSID is not showing anymore while 5 GHz SSID is working fine.: Hi, Until today 2.4 GHz network was working fine but after resetting the router 2.4 GHz SSID is not showing anymore. After resetting the router, I completed the setup process connected with 5 GHz SSID because couldn't connect the 2.4 GHz SSID that time. Then 2.4 GHz SSID is...
  8. Cannot connect to 5 GHz

Cannot connect to 5 GHz: I have a HP Probook 4530s with Windows 10 installed and I am trying to get a connection to 5 GHz. The adapter I have Realtek 8812U is dual band so it should support this but I have no option under the properties tab, only 2.4. I have checked on the command prompt and I...
  9. netgear 2 ban adapter 5 GHz broken-2.4 Ghz is fine after 1809 update

netgear 2 ban adapter 5 GHz broken-2.4 Ghz is fine after 1809 update: I have a Dell XPS 8500 desktop that after the 1809 update my WNDA 4100-N 900 wifi adapter has become useless on the 5 GHx side. 2.4 is still fine. Initially after the update the 5 side would connect but would fade out. I had no problems before the update. As I said 2.4 works...
  10. HOW TO CHANGE FROM 5 GHZ TO 2.4 GHZ

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HOW TO CHANGE FROM 5 GHZ TO 2.4 GHZ: I HAVE NEW SECURITY CAMERA WILL NOT CONECT TO 5 GHZ , SO HAVE TO CHANGE SETTING ON ROUTER? TO 2.4 GHZ HOW? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/how-to-change-from-5-ghz-to-24-ghz/576f5c1a-1a88-4ba9-bcf6-7eb409642e62