Windows 10: Both control keys not working. Help!

Discus and support Both control keys not working. Help! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there. My control keys are not working. I already tried doing the suggestions I found online but they didn't worked. Please help.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by marian_0601, Oct 20, 2019.

1. Both control keys not working. Help!

Hi there. My control keys are not working. I already tried doing the suggestions I found online but they didn't worked. Please help.

:)

marian_0601, Oct 20, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Oct 20, 2019
  3. Audio control keys won't work on Windows 10

Hi Agic,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation with the audio control keys won't work on your Windows phone. We're happy to assist you to fix your issue.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• What is the make and model of your system?
    • Is the issue specific to the audio control keys?
    I suggest you to try these following methods and check, if the issue still persists.

Method 1:

I suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.
    • Select “Hardware and Sound” from the Troubleshooter Window.
    • Select “Hardware and Devices” under Devices option.
    • Follow the On Screen instructions.
    Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to uninstall and re-install audio drivers from the manufacturer website. Check if it helps.

1. Click on Windows key + X and then, select Device Manager.

2. Open device manager.

3. Expand ‘Sound Video and Game Controllers”.

4. Right-click on ‘High Definition Audio Device and select ‘uninstall’.

5. Follow the prompt and restart the computer.

Now re-install latest audio driver from the manufacturer website.

Let's refer to the link below:

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope it helps. Reply with the result and I'll be happy to help you further.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Oct 20, 2019
  4. Both control keys not working. Help!

Audio not working! Need Help!!

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concerned. Let me help you to fix the issue.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1.

I would suggest you to run sound audio troubleshooter, it will automatically detect the problem and fix it. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + R and click on
      Control Panel

• Click on View by: category and click on
      Small icon.

• Now click on troubleshooting and click on
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on Playing Audio and Click on Next button.
    Method 2.

Step 1.

I suggest you to uninstall/reinstall the sound adapter driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager

• Now click on Sound, video and game controllers
      to expand, right click on the device and click on uninstall.

• Once you are done installing the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the sound adapter driver.
    If the still persist, try the below steps.

Step 2.

I suggest you to update the audio driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager
    • Now click on Sound, video and game controllers and right click on it and
      update the software.
    If the above methods did not help to fix the issue, try the below method.

Method 3.

I suggest you to go to the below link, select appropriate Windows operating system and download the audio driver and install same.

http://www.asus.com/support/Download/3/580/0/5/0gOdr7OTSYtNTbh2/45/

Hope this helps. Let us know the result.

Billion Debbarma, Oct 20, 2019
Thema:

Both control keys not working. Help!

1. Both control keys not working. Help! - Similar Threads - Both control keys

2. Both control keys not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Both control keys not working: Both ctrl keys aren't working on my laptop windows 11, acer aspire 3. I already tried everything I found on the internet like running the keyboard trouble shooter. Pretty sure that it's a software issue since the problem persists since I bought the laptop and concerns both...
  3. Both control keys not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Both control keys not working: Both ctrl keys aren't working on my laptop windows 11, acer aspire 3. I already tried everything I found on the internet like running the keyboard trouble shooter. Pretty sure that it's a software issue since the problem persists since I bought the laptop and concerns both...
  4. Both Control Keys Suddenly Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Both Control Keys Suddenly Not Working: Last week, both control keys suddenly stopped working normally. It is both keys, so I do not suspect an issue with the physical keyboard.Currently, neither control key will register unless a control key is held down and another key is pressed. The control key registers after...
  5. Both Control Keys Suddenly Not Working

Both Control Keys Suddenly Not Working: Last week, both control keys suddenly stopped working normally. It is both keys, so I do not suspect an issue with the physical keyboard.Currently, neither control key will register unless a control key is held down and another key is pressed. The control key registers after...
  6. Both Control Keys Suddenly Not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Both control keys and the trackpad have stopped working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Both control keys and the trackpad have stopped working.: Hey, I have an Hp pavillion x360. The trackpad had started giving me problems by the end of first year of use when it would suddenly stop working or the pointer would move very slowly some of the gestures would stop working. This would usually resolve by multiple hard tapping...
  8. Both control keys and the trackpad have stopped working.

Both control keys and the trackpad have stopped working.: Hey, I have an Hp pavillion x360. The trackpad had started giving me problems by the end of first year of use when it would suddenly stop working or the pointer would move very slowly some of the gestures would stop working. This would usually resolve by multiple hard tapping...
  9. Both Control keys are not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Both Control keys are not working: I have a problem for 2 months, my BOTH control keys are not working. I Tried everything like deleting drivers and again instaling them. Pls help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/both-control-keys-are-not-working/a2b9d501-2eb9-43c4-b489-549078f2f5ae
  10. Both Control Keys that Have Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Both Control Keys that Have Stopped Working: i'm using windows 10 in laptop lenovo y700 both CTRL key stopped working i have tried this solution alt+ctrl+fn and it worked properly but now it stopped working...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. both control keys not working