Windows 10: Both Cromecast and Miracast can not work on the TV I cast cell phone all the time.

Discus and support Both Cromecast and Miracast can not work on the TV I cast cell phone all the time. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How do I cast PC laptop to my TV. See attached photos. Both APP I buy from Microsoft Play this morning, Both will not work after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by EAGLE, Jan 11, 2021.

1. EAGLE Win User

Both Cromecast and Miracast can not work on the TV I cast cell phone all the time.

How do I cast PC laptop to my TV. See attached photos. Both APP I buy from Microsoft Play this morning, Both will not work after SEARCHING...SEARCHING. Both Cromecast and Miracast can not work on the TV I cast cell phone all the time. 962fa135-debc-4cdf-b919-587d7e3f0e17?upload=true.png Both Cromecast and Miracast can not work on the TV I cast cell phone all the time. 188dd506-b65e-4ae4-9642-dbf38729d8bb?upload=true.png

:)

EAGLE, Jan 11, 2021
  2. Rose Cal Win User

new computer not cast video to samsung led smart tv

Hi Jack,

You may need to use a Miracast adapter to be able to use the Miracast feature in Windows 10. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages when you tried to cast videos from your computer to your TV?
    • Are you able to cast videos before?
    • Have you tried updating your drivers?
    • Could you tell us what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this article on how to project a wireless display
    with Miracast. This article is for Windows 8.1 and will also work in Windows 10.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jan 11, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    Casting to TV issues

Hi, the way it works for me- as my smart Panasonic TV is connected to my router- is that if I, for example, in file explorer, rt click a mp3 file, click Cast, click the entry corresponding to my TV, then my TV switches from its current channel and I hear the mp3.

(Using the router like this is just one way of casting).

(Not a particularly efficient or sensible use of a TV- and I don't use its speakers of course!)
    https://www.support.com/how-to/how-t...miracast-12700

I can't tell which app on the TV is used though.
    TV remote controls FF rewind etc are reflected on my PC display

Both Cromecast and Miracast can not work on the TV I cast cell phone all the time. [​IMG]

But see
    What is Miracast and Why Should I Care?
    This mentions 'Wifi Direct" - no router.
    What Is Wi-Fi Direct, and How Does It Work?

I also have an option to cast to my Bluetooth headphones, as these are listed with my TV on rt click, Cast.

More:
    4 Ways to View Your Laptop or Desktop’s Screen on Your TV

(which I can't do though)

and the converse:
    Screen Mirroring on Windows 10: How to Turn Your PC Into a Wireless Display | Laptop Mag

dalchina, Jan 11, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Both Cromecast and Miracast can not work on the TV I cast cell phone all the time.

Brink, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

1. Both Cromecast and Miracast can not work on the TV I cast cell phone all the time. - Similar Threads - Both Cromecast Miracast

2. Cell phone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cell phone: I’m trying to Change my cell phone number but don’t have access to my old phone number But have have all the info it needs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cell-phone/67a833de-74e1-4e7a-a605-51d7199ba0df
  3. Cast to tv

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cast to tv: I have this HP W11 laptop for awhile. My older W10 pc's will cast from pc to my tv..W11 will not play, but you use it like monitor...there a setting to be adjusted???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cast-to-tv/dda07ee8-5f4a-47f0-85a0-5f3530525781
  4. Cast to tv

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cast to tv: I have this HP W11 laptop for awhile. My older W10 pc's will cast from pc to my tv..W11 will not play, but you use it like monitor...there a setting to be adjusted???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cast-to-tv/dda07ee8-5f4a-47f0-85a0-5f3530525781
  5. Cast to TV

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cast to TV: I have a Win10 and new Roku TV, both wired to the same network (which is a wireless network, but they're both wired). How do I cast media from Win10 to the TV? I do not understand the myriad directions I have found on the web. I have Win 10.0 Build 19041. 170859
  6. Cast to TV

Cast to TV: good day to all in this forum, My PC has a folder containing some MP_3 song: when I do press "cast to " I can select my TV connected thome WIFI and lestening to the song correctly. I am not able to send in the same way the songs that are located on a CD or DVD since the "...
  7. Casting to TV

Casting to TV: My TV is not visible as a device when I try to cast from my laptop My husband has an identical laptop & software, and is able to cast to the TV https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/casting-to-tv/a3c7d3e9-ddfa-4ad7-a34b-706ccb0b316d
  8. Casting to TV

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Casting to TV: I see my TV Bluetooth and other devices but I can't connect to my Android TV, this has only happened since I reinstalled windows 10. I have tried everything that relates to connecting, the blue casting app in GC is showing blue...still nothing, so frustrating...
  9. Can I cast photos to TV using Chromecast?

Can I cast photos to TV using Chromecast?: I have pictures in Windows Pictures sub-folders and need to cast them to the TV. I tried to cast them using Chromecase but it didn’t work. I have my computer and TV on the same home network. Help, please....
  10. Cast to TV stopped working

Cast to TV stopped working: So I have been able to cast to my samsung tv up until a few weeks ago where it won't connect. The TV will say "connecting to pc" but then it will lose that message, stay as it currently is and windows 10 will have the "connect to samsung tv" bar at the top of the screen but...