Windows 10: both Ethernet + Wifi Not working

Discus and support both Ethernet + Wifi Not working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After a network reset what stuff should i do to get my internet connection back? because after i reset the network nothing seems to work, no wifi no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MAK98, Apr 16, 2020.

1. MAK98 Win User

both Ethernet + Wifi Not working

After a network reset what stuff should i do to get my internet connection back? because after i reset the network nothing seems to work, no wifi no ethernet, adapters in device managers seem to have a problem yellow triangle when i open them i get code 56 , try to update the driver by installing it from the manufacturing site still doesntsilve the problem, Got a usb internet adapter tp link , searched and people said about the 56 code error that there's a conflict with a third party vpn while i dont have one installed at all, Anybody knows what should i do? Router is working fine other devices are running well and the adapter it self is fine when i plug it in other machines it works , but in my dekstop pc after the Reset , nothing seems to work, no wifi , No ethernet too. HELP

:)

MAK98, Apr 16, 2020
  2. revdrw Win User

WIFI Works, Ethernet won't

OK but why?

NOT YELLING, JUST EMPHASIZING

Please note, I installed the new Lynksis, it worked just fine for 3-4 days on both my MACBOOK PRO when in ethernet connect and the Dell, then the ethernet just quit working for both my MacBook Pro and Dell desktop. It did work, then just quit for no apparent reason. WIFi for iPhone, iPad, Andriod Phone, and when I set to wifi for my MacBook pro all work fine.

Detailed history: I first noticed that on my Desktop dell that is CAT5 ethernet connected to the WIFI ROuter, that it stopped, no internet access. I began to trouble shoot, and turned off my WIFI on my MAcbook and it wouldnt work either, plugged into same router but different cat5 cable. At that time, all WIFI devices still worked. I figured that it must be the ethernet side of the WIFI router, so I replaced the router with brand new one. the Lynksys N900 listed in original thread. Ethernet and everything worked just fine for 3-4 days. But then ethernet quit, but wifi still works.

Whatever the problem, it affects both my MacBook Pro and Dell with WIN 7. I'm guessing it is NOT a computer problem, if it is it is affecting both my Mac and Dell, separate cat 5 cables to same wifi router

To remixedcat, I don't know for sure how to check IP settings, see above post, no damage apparent to anything.

revdrw, Apr 16, 2020
  3. revdrw Win User
    WIFI Works, Ethernet won't

WIFI Works, not ethernet. I have a MacBook Pro and a Dell WIN 7. Ethernet stopped working, replaced WIFI Access point. I replaced the wifi access point, and for several days, it worked! But then about a week later, I can still connect wifi just fine with all devices, but not ethernet. Frustrated in Hobart*Bang Head :banghead:

New WI-FI Router Lynksys N900 Model # EA4500-NP NEW/Replaced MOdem
    Modem Motorola Surfboard SB5101U

revdrw, Apr 16, 2020
  4. 3870x2 Win User

Wifi stops working when using ethernet

If the computer is unplugged from the ethernet, does the wifi work?

3870x2, Apr 16, 2020
Thema:

1. both Ethernet + Wifi Not working - Similar Threads - both Ethernet Wifi

2. Both wifi and ethernet have stopped working entirely.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Both wifi and ethernet have stopped working entirely.: I have reinstalled every possible driver, have ran every single cmd prompt command I can find online, and have even rolled back and hard reset my pc. There is still no network adapter for my ethernet cable, and both of my wifi adapters have red X's on them that no matter what...
  3. Both wifi and ethernet have stopped working entirely.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Both wifi and ethernet have stopped working entirely.: I have reinstalled every possible driver, have ran every single cmd prompt command I can find online, and have even rolled back and hard reset my pc. There is still no network adapter for my ethernet cable, and both of my wifi adapters have red X's on them that no matter what...
  4. Both wifi and ethernet have stopped working entirely.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Ethernet and wifi not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet and wifi not working: I was using windows 7 on my desktop and finally decided to upgrade to win10.I updated it using the MediaCreatorTool and everything went smoothly. Decided to keep apps and personal files.But now, lan and wifi are connected but unresponsive.The Ethernet adapter is an intel one....
  6. Ethernet and wifi not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet and wifi not working: I was using windows 7 on my desktop and finally decided to upgrade to win10.I updated it using the MediaCreatorTool and everything went smoothly. Decided to keep apps and personal files.But now, lan and wifi are connected but unresponsive.The Ethernet adapter is an intel one....
  7. Ethernet and wifi not working

8. Wifi/Ethernet not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wifi/Ethernet not working: This is my 5th time restarting my PC and the WIFI just started working. Normally it doesn't when I troubleshoot all it shows me is "Plug in a ethernet cable into this computer" but I don't have one, and when I press skip it says "Network cable broken or not plugged in" but...
  9. Wifi and Ethernet not working

Wifi and Ethernet not working: Recently i connected a 15 m ethernet from my router to my pc because my wifi extender wasn’t working. Until today when i noticed my ethernet wasn’t flashing that was going into my pc and my ethernet icon wasn’t there it was just a wifi symbol. I could still connect to the...
  10. Ethernet and Wifi both not working on Dell Laptop, druvers instaled.

Ethernet and Wifi both not working on Dell Laptop, druvers instaled.: Today wifi was acting slow and strange, so i removed all drivers. Than installed new drivers downloaded from dell support, for my model of notebook, tried few other compatible drivers, uninstaling, deleting, tried safe mode. But i cant get my network hardware to work....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. does ethernet and wifi both need to be connected