Windows 10: both monitors are on but my pc doesnt detect the 2nd i have both screens duplicated

Discus and support both monitors are on but my pc doesnt detect the 2nd i have both screens duplicated in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; i have got a hdmi splitter for my pc in the hopes to extend my display. both displays are connected and working but they are only duplicated. i went... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by William Rees1, Feb 21, 2024.

1. both monitors are on but my pc doesnt detect the 2nd i have both screens duplicated

i have got a hdmi splitter for my pc in the hopes to extend my display. both displays are connected and working but they are only duplicated. i went into display settings to change it but i couldnt and when i click detect the pc is unable to detect the 2nd monitor even though it is on and working

:)

William Rees1, Feb 21, 2024

2. Monitors connect but it duplicates my 2nd monitor and shows it on my main monitor and windows doesn’t detect my main monitor

I recenty bougyt a gaming rig and 2 monitors. I have both monitors plugged in a hdmi splitter workingnperfectly fine. But my 2nd monitor is duplicated on my main monitor and has the same resolution on my main monitor which doesnt have the same resolution
    as my 2nd monitor. Windows doesnt detect all but 1 monitor but they are connected to the system. How can i fix this?

ElijahHwang, Feb 21, 2024
  3. ljdl Win User
    2nd monitor not working

my 2nd monitor is not working. it worked great before. Now, all it does is duplicate what is on my laptop screen. the mouse will not move to 2nd screen, have tried to detect, says nothing there, even though it shows the laptop screen. Any ideas? thanks

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / PC Projection & Continuum

4. both monitors are on but my pc doesnt detect the 2nd i have both screens duplicated

2nd Monitor

both monitors are on but my pc doesnt detect the 2nd i have both screens duplicated 36e097ff-f842-4a98-9a50-09efba693b40?upload=true.jpg

I’m running Window 10. I have just connected a 2nd monitor. My default monitor is Eizo CS2420 resolution and needs to remain 1900x1200.

My 2nd monitor Dell U2412M is duplicating my default monitor however, the screen and icons are far too big and need to change the resolution for the 2nd screen. I have gone into Display Settings clicked on the 2nd screen
    but the icon for changing resolution is faded out and can’t change settings for resolution. When I click on Detect it come up in red ‘Didn’t detect another display’

JohnMcNaughton1, Feb 21, 2024
Thema:

both monitors are on but my pc doesnt detect the 2nd i have both screens duplicated

1. both monitors are on but my pc doesnt detect the 2nd i have both screens duplicated - Similar Threads - both monitors are

2. both monitors are on but my pc doesnt detect the 2nd i have both screens duplicated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    both monitors are on but my pc doesnt detect the 2nd i have both screens duplicated: i have got a hdmi splitter for my pc in the hopes to extend my display. both displays are connected and working but they are only duplicated. i went into display settings to change it but i couldnt and when i click detect the pc is unable to detect the 2nd monitor even though...
  3. PC Can't Detect Both Monitors Drivers Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Can't Detect Both Monitors Drivers Issue: I have a user whose HP Elitebook 845 G8 can't detect any of their monitors. I did all the updates and optional updates from Windows Update Settings. I plugged my laptop into their docking station and the monitors came up so I'm thinking it's a driver issue with the USB Ports...
  4. PC Can't Detect Both Monitors Drivers Issue

PC Can't Detect Both Monitors Drivers Issue: I have a user whose HP Elitebook 845 G8 can't detect any of their monitors. I did all the updates and optional updates from Windows Update Settings. I plugged my laptop into their docking station and the monitors came up so I'm thinking it's a driver issue with the USB Ports...
  5. Duplicate a screen saver on both screen of an extended dual monitor setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate a screen saver on both screen of an extended dual monitor setup: I'm currently using an Alienware r17 laptop and have a second monitor hooked up via HDMI. I'm using them in the "extend display" setting and want to keep it that way, however whenever the screensaver comes on I noticed that my second monitor just shows a blue screen while my...
  6. Duplicate a screen saver on both screen of an extended dual monitor setup

Duplicate a screen saver on both screen of an extended dual monitor setup: I'm currently using an Alienware r17 laptop and have a second monitor hooked up via HDMI. I'm using them in the "extend display" setting and want to keep it that way, however whenever the screensaver comes on I noticed that my second monitor just shows a blue screen while my...
  7. Duplicate a screen saver on both screen of an extended dual monitor setup

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Second monitor not detected Or both monitors detected as a single device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second monitor not detected Or both monitors detected as a single device: I've just added a second monitor to my setup. It is the same model as my first monitor. Upon setup, the monitors were set to duplicate. I tried setting them to extend, but Windows does not detect a second monitor. I have restarted the computer, updated/uninstalled/reinstalled...
  9. Plugging a 2nd monitor into my PC tower causes both to lose signal

Plugging a 2nd monitor into my PC tower causes both to lose signal: I have dual monitors but my PC tower only has 1 HDMI port and no VGA port so I bought an HDMI splitter to plug both in. However, when I plug the second monitor into the splitter, both screens turn black and say that they have lost signal. Any ideas how I can use both...
  10. Have popup taskbar on both monitors. How to turn off on 2nd monitor

Have popup taskbar on both monitors. How to turn off on 2nd monitor: Just finished the upgrade from Win7-64 to Win10-64 & have an odd problem that I didn't have using Win7. I now have popup taskbars on both monitors. How do you turn off on 2nd monitor? *Confused 9555