Windows 10: Both monitors go black and force a restart while playing games

Discus and support Both monitors go black and force a restart while playing games in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; An issue started for me last week where I would be playing a game and suddenly both monitors would go black and not come back. I tried using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tony Stefanuk, Apr 24, 2024.

1. Both monitors go black and force a restart while playing games

An issue started for me last week where I would be playing a game and suddenly both monitors would go black and not come back. I tried using Ctrl-Alt-Delete, disconnecting and reconnecting the monitors but I can only bring the display back by forcing a restart. It's happened to me a few times a day for the last week. I've experienced it while playing Hunt Showdown and EA Sports WRC. I don't recall making any changes to drivers or anything before it started and I've been using the same hardware for some time without issue. I've updated graphics drivers and Windows but the issue is persisting.I

:)

Tony Stefanuk, Apr 24, 2024

2. Monitor goes black after playing games

Lately, after I quit a game, it happens that the monitor goes black and goes basically in some kind of standby. It doesn't happen always (today it's just the second time that it happens), but I really don't understand what the problem could be. I cannot really tell even if it's just the monitor or the whole computer freezes, in fact, I've been forced to restart the pc using the button. Any help, please?

liveAndrew, Apr 24, 2024
  3. Critical Kernel Power 41 (63): Black screen, restart when playing game

Kernel Power 41 63

Computer turns black and automatically restarts when playing high demanding games, no BSOD, not overclocked.

Games that have crashed:

• Far Cry 4
    • The Division
    • Fortnite
    • Overwatch
    • Counter Strike GO
    • Last Man Standing

Specs:

• Cooler master 550w PSU
    • RX 470 4gb
    • Pentium g4560
    • Asrock MATX b250m MOBO
    • 2x 4gb rip jaws RAM
    • WD 1tb HDD
    • Gammamax 300 CPU Cooler

I built the PC myself, errors started when playing high demanding games for the first time. Ran stress tests when first built, prime95 and heaven whilst logging temps for 8 hours, no crashes or high temps (max cup temp 54 C, max gpu temp 76 C). However, when playing games, within an hour, computer crashes (always kernel 41 63). I sent the PC to the outlet where I purchased the parts from, they had their own technicians run tests on all the parts. Initially, they found a fault with the PSU, which was at that time a 500w EVGA bronze. They replaced it with a 550w Cooler master gold. Still experienced 41 63, black out and restarts. Took it back, I said I suspected the MOBO was the issue, so they replaced it under warranty, problem persisted. I took it back for a third time, they took it to their head office, did extensive testing and found a fault with the CPU, they replaced it. Took them 3 weeks to complete... issue is still not resolved.

At this point, my computer has been disassembled and parts replaced multiple times.

Things I have done:

• Updated all drivers (CPU, GPU, BIOS, sound etc)
    • Clean installation of Windows 10 multiple times
    • Stress tested with Heaven and Prime95
    • Logged temperatures while stress testing and playing games, haven’t seen any high temps
    • Disabled and enabled different sound drivers to test for conflicts
    • Replaced PSU, MOBO and CPU

I’ve logged temps when both stress testing and while playing games. Here is my latest HWINFO log when playing Fortnite and then black screen and restart, kernel power 41 63. crash-test.CSV

Happy to run any tests, suggestions and upload further logs. Really stuck on what to do....

gondorcalls, Apr 24, 2024
  4. Stagnite Win User

Both monitors go black and force a restart while playing games

Monitor goes black when trying to play games

I recently tried to play RDR2 on my computer and after a bit of playing the screen went black and told me that the HDM cable was not detecting anything, although the computer was noticeably on. I then tried to play other games on my computer after it turned back on and none of the games work, every time I try to play a game like GTA5 or RDR2 it just goes to a black monitor.

My specs are:

RTX 3070

AMD RYZEN 5 5600 6-CORE PROCESSOR

16 GIGS OF RAM

Stagnite, Apr 24, 2024
Thema:

Both monitors go black and force a restart while playing games

1. Both monitors go black and force a restart while playing games - Similar Threads - Both monitors black

2. Both monitors go black and force a restart while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Both monitors go black and force a restart while playing games: An issue started for me last week where I would be playing a game and suddenly both monitors would go black and not come back. I tried using Ctrl-Alt-Delete, disconnecting and reconnecting the monitors but I can only bring the display back by forcing a restart. It's happened...
  3. Both monitors go black and force a restart while playing games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Both monitors go black and force a restart while playing games: An issue started for me last week where I would be playing a game and suddenly both monitors would go black and not come back. I tried using Ctrl-Alt-Delete, disconnecting and reconnecting the monitors but I can only bring the display back by forcing a restart. It's happened...
  4. How to fix monitors going black when playing games?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix monitors going black when playing games?: I've been having a issue everytime I load a game both of my monitors go black and I can only access the game, for example if I'm watching something the sound continues to play in the background but I cannot see it unless I alt+tab but then when I press on the game it goes...
  5. How to fix monitors going black when playing games?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix monitors going black when playing games?: I've been having a issue everytime I load a game both of my monitors go black and I can only access the game, for example if I'm watching something the sound continues to play in the background but I cannot see it unless I alt+tab but then when I press on the game it goes...
  6. PC get black screen and freezing and have to force restart while playing game new world and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC get black screen and freezing and have to force restart while playing game new world and...: Randomly while playing New world Steam and browsing using google chrome or opera GX I get a black screen then freezing after few second and I need to force restart the PC to fix the freezing PChelp...
  7. PC get black screen and freezing and have to force restart while playing game new world and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC get black screen and freezing and have to force restart while playing game new world and...: Randomly while playing New world Steam and browsing using google chrome or opera GX I get a black screen then freezing after few second and I need to force restart the PC to fix the freezing PChelp...
  8. Both of my monitors go black when playing ROBLOX.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Both of my monitors go black when playing ROBLOX.: I was playing a game called ROBLOX and both of my monitors went black and when they turned back on Roblox said it wasn't responding and I had to open task manager to close it....
  9. Screen going black while playing appaently random games

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen going black while playing appaently random games: I have a long-time issue I can't figure out so I decided to ask for the common knowledge of the community to help me out. I have a weird issue with certain games but I can't see any apparent pattern in it. Some games show this issue, some don't. When I start playing,...
  10. Both laptop screen and external monitor go black

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Both laptop screen and external monitor go black: I have the new Acer Aspire laptop and a TV which I use as a monitor. They have worked together very happily some time now. But yesterday I had to do a forced shutdown when the start button would not work and the TV screen shrank in size and there were error messages. When I...