Windows 10: Both monitors of laptop are black

Discus and support Both monitors of laptop are black in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I Connected my TV to my laptop and set the extend diaplays option to duplicate displays options and all ia black unless I disconnect the TV using hdmi... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/subpewdiepie69, Jan 5, 2020.

1. Both monitors of laptop are black

I Connected my TV to my laptop and set the extend diaplays option to duplicate displays options and all ia black unless I disconnect the TV using hdmi port. the screen of laptop works finweif on its own. where is the option stored in registry so i can change it. i cant change it because the screen isnt usable when connected to tv. what should i do?

srry for bad English

submitted by /u/subpewdiepie69
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/subpewdiepie69, Jan 5, 2020

2. Laptop monitor is black but HDMI to TV works

So, I seem to be having the opposite problem of most. After updating my laptop to windows 10 the laptop monitor basically does not work - it's as if the graphics card does not see it. When I turn the computer on it shows me the dell logo with options to
    open the boot settings, and it starts to show the graphics for loading windows and then just goes to a black screen. Like others I thought maybe it's the issue with thinking there's 2 monitors when there really are not because it's acting like my dual monitor
    work computer at start-up, but none of the listed fixes worked. I tried to plug the computer into the TV via an HDMI cable and that does work but the laptop monitor goes from a 'light' black to an 'off' black. Of course the computer at that point only thinks
    there's one monitor which is the TV when I go into the settings. I've tried every combination of plugging in and pulling out the HDMI at different points in the reboot process but I always end up in the same place of having to plug the laptop into the TV to
    use it. It's as if the Intel graphics doesn't see the laptop monitor as an option. I also tried to update the graphics drivers but it says there are no available updates. Anyone else have this problem and a suggested solution so I can move my laptop away
    from the TV?!

Greenturtle116, Jan 5, 2020
  3. Laptop problem: Black vertical "sidebar" [Update]

I will try that... do you think I have complete access to replace the monitor cable without dismantling the laptop from step 1? *Eek! Both monitors of laptop are black :eek:
    Tbh it's a bit scary.

Black Panther, Jan 5, 2020
  4. Both monitors of laptop are black

Desktop with dual monitors one black

Hi Frank,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the you have tried to resolve the issue and tried many steps. I really appreciate your efforts in resolving this issue. As you have mentioned that switching the cables make both the monitor
    work so I believe its not the driver issue. I would suggest you to try connecting another cable and check if the issue persists.

Below is the Microsoft help article on How to connect a second monitor/ Multi monitors.

Note: The steps for Windows 8/8.1 applies to Windows 10.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

If you are facing black screen issue on the second monitor I suggest you to refer to the below thread and follow the steps given:

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jan 5, 2020
Thema:

Both monitors of laptop are black

1. Both monitors of laptop are black - Similar Threads - Both monitors laptop

2. After updata laptop monitor is black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After updata laptop monitor is black: My laptop Alienware M15 is useing two monitors, one built in and second plug in to Nvidia RTX 2060 free standing monitor. So after updating the system KB5016741 I noticed that when i trun on laptop I see logo of Alienware on monitor built in so he work, then that monitor is...
  3. After updata laptop monitor is black

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After updata laptop monitor is black: My laptop Alienware M15 is useing two monitors, one built in and second plug in to Nvidia RTX 2060 free standing monitor. So after updating the system KB5016741 I noticed that when i trun on laptop I see logo of Alienware on monitor built in so he work, then that monitor is...
  4. Clock on both monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clock on both monitors: So, I use dual-monitors. I just have a quick question. How do I make the clock and calandar appear on both monitors, at least in windows eleven? And, if it's a laptop with a docking station, when I re-dock it will it retain that setting? will this apply to windows 10?Thanks...
  5. Clock on both monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clock on both monitors: So, I use dual-monitors. I just have a quick question. How do I make the clock and calandar appear on both monitors, at least in windows eleven? And, if it's a laptop with a docking station, when I re-dock it will it retain that setting? will this apply to windows 10?Thanks...
  6. Both of my monitors go black when playing ROBLOX.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Both of my monitors go black when playing ROBLOX.: I was playing a game called ROBLOX and both of my monitors went black and when they turned back on Roblox said it wasn't responding and I had to open task manager to close it....
  7. Both monitors go black when I plug in HDMI monitor.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Both monitors go black when I plug in HDMI monitor.: So I normally have two monitors, an HDMI as my main display and a VGA for my secondary display. I have an Intel i5 6500 CPU 3.2 gHz, 8 gb ram. Today when I came home from dinner my pc would not show a display when I moved the mouse or pressed the keyboard. I either left...
  8. Monitor of laptop glitches and then turns black

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitor of laptop glitches and then turns black: Hello, i start with asking you sorry for my bad english. If you don't understand something, just say it and I'll try to say it better. In the last period i didn't treat too well my laptop: i had to do some wprks, so i didn't turn it off for like 2 weeks. The only thing i...
  9. Main monitor causing black screen on both my main monitor and secondary monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Main monitor causing black screen on both my main monitor and secondary monitor: As the title says, my main monitor is connected via hdmi and the secondary via DVI. Have been using both monitors for years, was working fine up until a few days ago. Computer would boot but neither neither screen came on, waited until my system auto logged on and tried...
  10. Both laptop screen and external monitor go black

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Both laptop screen and external monitor go black: I have the new Acer Aspire laptop and a TV which I use as a monitor. They have worked together very happily some time now. But yesterday I had to do a forced shutdown when the start button would not work and the TV screen shrank in size and there were error messages. When I...