Windows 10: Both my dvd/cd players will not play. Ican copy but not play.

Discus and support Both my dvd/cd players will not play. Ican copy but not play. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After installing WIN 10 my dvd players will not play movies. When I put one in i get directed to Microsoft store????I look under properties and it says... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LynnWhite4, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Both my dvd/cd players will not play. Ican copy but not play.

After installing WIN 10 my dvd players will not play movies. When I put one in i get directed to Microsoft store????I look under properties and it says this device is working properly. I shut off then disconnected both dvd's Started up then shut off and re installed both dvd's . Same result won't play yet properties says they are both working properly???????? HELP PLEASE.

:)

LynnWhite4, Feb 13, 2020

2. Installed DVD player - that acepts the disc but won't play ?

Hello,

To address your concern, we suggest that you try to check on the links provided below:

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marivel Man, Feb 13, 2020
  3. Mala_S Win User
    Windows Media Player won't play CDs

Hello DominicGerald,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To address your concern, kindly help us with the following queries:

1. Are you receiving any error code or error message when you attempt to play the music?
    2. Is your music CD being detected by the system and are you able to access it through the File Explorer (Windows + E key)?

In Windows Media Player, you can play audio CDs, data CDs, and data DVDs that contain music or video files (also known as media CDs). If you have a DVD drive and a compatible DVD decoder installed on your computer, you can use Windows Media Player
    to play a DVD-Video disc. If your unable to play anything on WMP, kindly check with the steps listed below and see if it works:

Method 1: Update DVD/CD ROM driver from Device Manager.

Sometimes, the issue persists if the drivers aren’t updated. So, I would suggest you to update the DVD/Cd driver manually. To do that, you may refer the article on

Update drivers in Windows 10.

Once after updating the drivers, you may check if you are able to play songs. If not, you may try out the following method.

Method 2: Adjust Burn Settings.

As you say that it’s getting stuck while burning a CD, you might want to check with the burn speed. To do that,

• Open Windows Media Player from the Start menu.
    • Click on Organize and select
      Options
      from the list.
    • Select the Burn tab in the Options window and select the drop-down menu beside
      Burn speed and select Slow.
    • Click on Apply and OK
      to exit the settings screen.
    • Try burning a new CD and check if it plays.

Method 3: Download and install add-ons for Windows Media Player.

I would suggest you to get the add-ons for your player and check if you are able to play songs. To do the same, you may want to refer to an article on
    Downloads for Windows.

Kindly get back to us with the results. We will be glad to assist you further if the issue persists.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Feb 13, 2020
  4. Both my dvd/cd players will not play. Ican copy but not play.

Windows DVD Player installed in Windows 10 but not recognizing DVD to play

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

The DVD Player app only supports the following:

a. DVDs from a file backup is not supported, the app currently only plays DVD movies on optical discs.

b. The App will only play DVD's not Blu-ray discs.

If you satisfy both the categories, I would suggest you follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Update DVD/CD-ROM drives from Device Manager.

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand the DVD/CD-ROM drives.

• Double-click on the DVD/CD-ROM drive.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Update.
    If this does not work you might have to Uninstall and then reinstall your drivers in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps to uninstall and reinstall the driver.

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand the DVD/CD-ROM drives.

• Double-click on the DVD/CD-ROM drive.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Uninstall.

• Reinstall your audio driver from Manufacturer's Website in Compatibility mode.

• Restart your system
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

Both my dvd/cd players will not play. Ican copy but not play.

1. Both my dvd/cd players will not play. Ican copy but not play. - Similar Threads - Both dvd players

2. DVD Player won't Play Movies but will Play CD's

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD Player won't Play Movies but will Play CD's: I have an HP Pavilion 23 all in one. When I insert a DVD it will not play. All drivers are up to date. I can insert a CD and it will play and I can transfer the music I choose to my music library but it does not play a DVD. Why would this happen?...
  3. DVD Player won't Play Movies but will Play CD's

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD Player won't Play Movies but will Play CD's: I have an HP Pavilion 23 all in one. When I insert a DVD it will not play. All drivers are up to date. I can insert a CD and it will play and I can transfer the music I choose to my music library but it does not play a DVD. Why would this happen?...
  4. DVD Player won't Play Movies but will Play CD's

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. DVD burning - CD/DVD Player option - Not playing as a DVD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DVD burning - CD/DVD Player option - Not playing as a DVD: I've been trying to create a DVD with some mp4 music videos on, so I inserted a blank DVD-R and when I got the "How do you want to use this disc?" prompt, I selected the "With CD/DVD Player" option. I then drag & drop the mp4 files and click on "Finish burning". It burns them...
  6. DVD burning - CD/DVD Player option - Not playing as a DVD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD burning - CD/DVD Player option - Not playing as a DVD: I've been trying to create a DVD with some mp4 music videos on, so I inserted a blank DVD-R and when I got the "How do you want to use this disc?" prompt, I selected the "With CD/DVD Player" option. I then drag & drop the mp4 files and click on "Finish burning". It burns them...
  7. DVD burning - CD/DVD Player option - Not playing as a DVD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. cd/dvd not playing

cd/dvd not playing: windows 10 will not recognize my cd player how do i fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-not-playing/96a6c509-0bdb-4de1-84c2-36f3ef57bd5d
  9. DVD/CD'S Not Playing

DVD/CD'S Not Playing: Dvd's/cd's are no longer playing on my ACER Aspire E15 laptop. I downloaded Windows 10 last year. I have not used my dvd drive since installing Windows 10. When I put a DVD in, the green light comes on and then goes off and nothing else happens. The DVD/CD drive shows on...
  10. playing cd and dvd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    playing cd and dvd: I can no longer play cds or dvds on my laptop with windows 10. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/playing-cd-and-dvd/fffe71ef-afda-48b2-a7ad-b4f1e55846c0