Windows 10: Both my fixed hard disks are showing unallocated - how to proceed

Discus and support Both my fixed hard disks are showing unallocated - how to proceed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I made one hell of an error last evening and now i am unable to reboot into my OS (Windows 10) On using some tools from a bootable iso, i saw that both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by perfection, Jun 25, 2021.

1. Both my fixed hard disks are showing unallocated - how to proceed

I made one hell of an error last evening and now i am unable to reboot into my OS (Windows 10) On using some tools from a bootable iso, i saw that both my hard disks were showing as unallocated and even uninitialized. Yes there is data that i require on this disk Will the experienced people in this forum please help me as to what to do, how to do and in what order to do, so that i can restore my partitions, reinitialize my disks and recover my data. Thank you A desperate me

:)

perfection, Jun 25, 2021

2. Both my fixed hard disks are showing unallocated - how to proceed

Both my fixed hard disks are showing unallocated - how to proceed [​IMG]

perfection, Jun 25, 2021
  3. jumanji Win User
    Both my fixed hard disks are showing unallocated - how to proceed

Hi @perfection

"I made one hell of an error last evening and now i am unable to reboot into my OS (Windows 10)"

Please explain what exactly you did.

"On using some tools from a bootable iso, i saw that both my hard disks were showing as unallocated and even uninitialized."

Let us know what bootable ISO you used.

Use it again , take a snapshot of the drives and post it. That can help other experts to deliberate and suggest if your system could be resurrected. If it could be resurrected and you can boot into the OS that will help to recover data from the second drive. ( That in any case is not in my domain. I am not a Windows 10 expert *Smile.)

"I have an image that dates back to Dec 2020 and the recent image dated a week ago is trapped on the data drive along with other data on the second disk. But like i said BOTH disks are showing not initialized and unallocated"

What imaging software did you use? Have you made the bootable recovery media for that imaging software so that you can run it and restore the recent image from the second drive? ( We shall try and recover the image from the second drive if you can pull it out, put it inside a working enclosure and plug it in on a working PC)

jumanji, Jun 25, 2021
  4. Both my fixed hard disks are showing unallocated - how to proceed

I made one hell of an error last evening and now i am unable to reboot into my OS (Windows 10)

On using some tools from a bootable iso, i saw that both my hard disks were showing as unallocated and even uninitialized.

Yes there is data that i require on this disk

Will the experienced people in this forum please help me as to what to do, how to do and in what order to do, so that i can restore my partitions, reinitialize my disks and recover my data.

Thank you

A desperate me

perfection, Jun 25, 2021
Thema:

1. Both my fixed hard disks are showing unallocated - how to proceed - Similar Threads - Both fixed hard

2. The disk space is showing unallocated space.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The disk space is showing unallocated space.: While i was checking it is showing 5 mb unallocated is this right .i have 1 tb hdd is it good to show 931 gb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-disk-space-is-showing-unallocated-space/82fc8895-87f0-4ea5-bcd6-a761f8b71540
  3. The disk space is showing unallocated space.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The disk space is showing unallocated space.: While i was checking it is showing 5 mb unallocated is this right .i have 1 tb hdd is it good to show 931 gb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-disk-space-is-showing-unallocated-space/82fc8895-87f0-4ea5-bcd6-a761f8b71540
  4. The disk space is showing unallocated space.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. External hard drive partition is missing, and not showing in disk management as unallocated.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External hard drive partition is missing, and not showing in disk management as unallocated.: I have an external hard disk drive, with 2 partitions D261 GB, E437GB. Suddenly once the local diskE: is missing in file explorer, the local diskD: drive is still there. When I open disk management it shows only the D drive with 698GB as total space which is the total space...
  6. External hard drive partition is missing, and not showing in disk management as unallocated.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External hard drive partition is missing, and not showing in disk management as unallocated.: I have an external hard disk drive, with 2 partitions D261 GB, E437GB. Suddenly once the local diskE: is missing in file explorer, the local diskD: drive is still there. When I open disk management it shows only the D drive with 698GB as total space which is the total space...
  7. External hard drive partition is missing, and not showing in disk management as unallocated.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Both my fixed hard disks are showing unallocated - how to proceed

in Windows 10 Support
    Both my fixed hard disks are showing unallocated - how to proceed: I made one hell of an error last evening and now i am unable to reboot into my OS (Windows 10) On using some tools from a bootable iso, i saw that both my hard disks were showing as unallocated and even uninitialized. Yes there is data that i require on this disk Will the...
  9. How to Partition a Win10 Hard Drive when the Disk Management Screen shows no Unallocated...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Partition a Win10 Hard Drive when the Disk Management Screen shows no Unallocated...: Instructions.... Step 2. Click on Shrink Volume Option After shrinking the volume of your disk, Unallocated dialogue box in Disk Management screen. So, right click on the "Unallocated" box and then proceed to click on "New Simple Volume" box. Thank You! Crazzy8...
  10. My internal Hard Disk is unallocated

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My internal Hard Disk is unallocated: Hi , I just added a new (with data ) 1TB Hard Disk to my computer with Windows 10 pro, but the computer make that SATA DISK1 with D: and F: was now Unallocated . C: is SSD windows and E: CD DVBD ROM. New hdd SATA is DISK2 with I: and J: partition working correctly....