Windows 10: Both my search bar and xbox game bar screen recorder dont work

Discus and support Both my search bar and xbox game bar screen recorder dont work in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a windows laptop and all of a sudden my xbox gamebar recorder stopped working (this is a problem because my computer cant really handle anything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Endermite221, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Both my search bar and xbox game bar screen recorder dont work

I have a windows laptop and all of a sudden my xbox gamebar recorder stopped working (this is a problem because my computer cant really handle anything else, yes i am getting a new one). Everything works fine but when i try to start the recording it comes out with "recording not working error 0x80070013".

and a few months later my search bar stopped working. When i open it, it stays open for like 5 seconds with a completely gray screen and crashes. when i go onto the task manager to see if i can restart or something, it is constantly restarting, appearing and disapearing, over and over.

I cant find any working solutions on the entire internet, so i went to reddit to see if anyone could fix it here. Help would be appreciated, Thanks! (if more detail is needed ask in the comments)

submitted by /u/Endermite221
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Endermite221, Apr 14, 2021
  2. Hao99 Win User

Microphone not working with Xbox game bar

My son is trying to record his playing on roblox using Xbox game bar. He is using a laptop on windows 10.

It was working fine a few days ago. Now he is having problems with the microphone. When he brings up the xbox game bar, (windows G), the menu says that the microphone is not working because of privacy settings.

When I go to the privacy settings for microphone, I gave permission to use the microphone for all the listed apps. But xbox game bar is not one of the listed apps. I also tried "reset" on the xbox game bar which did not help.

How can I give permission to the xbox game bar to access the microphone?

Microphone itself is working. I can use it on Cortana.

Thanks

HW

Hao99, Apr 14, 2021
  3. Xbox Game Bar Not Launching

Hi,

Xbox is one of Windows 10’s default apps. This app integrates the Xbox with Windows, and it includes a handy Game bar that you can take snapshots and record video with. If the Game bar is not opening, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    link on how to fix problems with Game bar on Windows 10.

We hope that this information was helpful. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Acelyn Alc, Apr 14, 2021
  4. Both my search bar and xbox game bar screen recorder dont work

Xbox Game Bar Capture Doesn't Record Mic Audio

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while recording microphone audio using game bar while playing games.

I would suggest you to try troubleshooting Game Bar and see if that helps. Refer the article

Troubleshoot Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10

In addition, you can also check if the Microphone for game bar is enabled under privacy settings.

1. Go to Settings (press Windows +
      I key together) > Privacy.
    2. On the left hand pane scroll down and look for
      Microphone
    3. Toggle Allow apps to access Microphone
      to ON.
    4. Under Choose which Microsoft Store app can access your Microphone toggle Xbox game bar to
      ON.
    5. Restart the game bar.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with details of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Apr 14, 2021
Thema:

Both my search bar and xbox game bar screen recorder dont work

1. Both my search bar and xbox game bar screen recorder dont work - Similar Threads - Both search bar

2. xbox game bar recording not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox game bar recording not working: i just cant record using shortcuts or by clicking on this and idk what to do, im on windows11 btw https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-bar-recording-not-working/dbd1c2e4-9de4-4135-9f21-62e1a3c5c2a7
  3. xbox game bar recording not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    xbox game bar recording not working: i just cant record using shortcuts or by clicking on this and idk what to do, im on windows11 btw https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-bar-recording-not-working/dbd1c2e4-9de4-4135-9f21-62e1a3c5c2a7
  4. Xbox Game Bar recording not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar recording not working: Ok so I'm trying to record game moments with the xbox game bar. The default shortcut keys don't work for me "Win+Alt+R". And yes, I made sure I didn't change the hotkey for it. I made sure all my capture settings were on, no luck. I restarted my PC, no luck. I made sure the...
  5. Xbox Game Bar recording not working

Xbox Game Bar recording not working: Ok so I'm trying to record game moments with the xbox game bar. The default shortcut keys don't work for me "Win+Alt+R". And yes, I made sure I didn't change the hotkey for it. I made sure all my capture settings were on, no luck. I restarted my PC, no luck. I made sure the...
  6. Xbox Game Bar Recorder Not Working

Xbox Game Bar Recorder Not Working: So whenever now I open xbox game bar I cant record but not only that in the settings app. When I click on gaming and click xbox game bar. IT doesnt show the change shortcuts thing and when I click captures it doesnt show recording preferences. So i cant change anything in...
  7. Xbox Game Bar Recorder Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar Recorder Not Working: So whenever now I open xbox game bar I cant record but not only that in the settings app. When I click on gaming and click xbox game bar. IT doesnt show the change shortcuts thing and when I click captures it doesnt show recording preferences. So i cant change anything in...
  8. Xbox game bar not recording

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game bar not recording: HelloWhen I try and record a game using the Xbox Game Bar, it say's 'sorry we cannot record right now, please try again later' but it never works. How would I fix this?...
  9. Xbox Game Bar Recording Not Working!!!!!

Xbox Game Bar Recording Not Working!!!!!: I have been trying to record Youtube videos for a few days now but I cant because whenever I try to record it says, "Recording Isn't Working" Error 0x82323619. I have tried repairing and resetting Xbox Game Bar, but nothing has worked. Please help me as soon as possible...
  10. xbox game bar recording

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox game bar recording: my xbox game bar recording is not enabling https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-bar-recording/ba8dd4c9-c1a0-48db-ae45-fd8770574b09