Windows 10: Both Realtek and High definition audio drivers are missing from device manager

Discus and support Both Realtek and High definition audio drivers are missing from device manager in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Its been 2 days since I had no audio and its getting annoying. My pc crashed and when I turned it back on my audio driver was missing. I was using high... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BrainBird, Aug 4, 2021.

1. BrainBird Win User

Both Realtek and High definition audio drivers are missing from device manager

Its been 2 days since I had no audio and its getting annoying. My pc crashed and when I turned it back on my audio driver was missing. I was using high definition audio from Microsoft for a month because my Realtek drivers weren't installing but now my Microsoft high definition audio is gone and I am currently trying to install Realtek. It gets to the point where it tells me to restart my pc but when it boots up I still have no audio. Its not in my device manager even when I click show hidden devices but it is in my Programs files named "Realtek High Definition Audio Driver" along with "Realte

:)

BrainBird, Aug 4, 2021

2. NOT WORKING-Realtek audio drivers and Microsoft High Definition device

I've seen some videos which just tell you to update Realtek HD driver to the Microsoft driver. Sometimes it works for a while then it stops working. I just go into Device Manager>Sound, video and game controllers> Realtek High Definition audio (right click)>
    Update driver software> Browse from my computer> Let me pick from a list of drivers on my computer> High Definition audio device. It should update.

JaccaGames, Aug 4, 2021
  3. kleph Win User
    Realtek High Definition Audio and High Definition Audio Device missing

Hello,
    Basic info:
    I'm using a Dell G5 15 gaming notebook with Windows 10 for about half a year. Pretty early on I got sound problems such as occasional static sound, static sound when playing yt video and a game at the same time and such. I found a fix to this by going to the Device Manager and changing High Definition Audio Device to Realtek High Definition Audio which would fix it for some time and then I'd have to do it again.
    Problem:
    But now I don't have Realtek High Definition Audio nor High Definition Audio Device in the device manager, I only have Realtek Audio. ( and Intel display audio, NVIDIA high definition audio, NVIDIA virtual audio device, but I don't think these are relevant) So the sound is low quality, muffled and there's the occasional static sound. I tried installing Realtek High Definition Audio driver from the original Dell G5 15 site, so it should be compatible, the installation goes well, but there is no change in the actual audio. Looking for help on how to fix this. Thanks

kleph, Aug 4, 2021
  4. DaveM121 Win User

High Definition Audio Device drivers missing

Hi Davide

The High Definition Audio drivers are built into Windows already

Right click that device in Device Manager, choose 'Update Driver

Then choose 'Browse my computer for Driver Software' - 'Let me pick from a list of available drivers'

If you do not see the default High Definition Audio device, untick 'Show Compatible Hardware'

On the left, select Microsoft, then on the right scroll down to find 'High Definition Audio Device Version 10.0. . . . .

DaveM121, Aug 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Both Realtek and High definition audio drivers are missing from device manager - Similar Threads - Both Realtek High

2. Realtek High Definition Audio Driver is missing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek High Definition Audio Driver is missing.: Hi I have trouble using my microphone, whenever I use it nobody can hear my voice clearly and they always said that I’m far away from the microphone even though I’m sitting near my laptop. I found out that I have to update the real high definition audio but in device manager...
  3. Realtek High Definition Audio Driver is missing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek High Definition Audio Driver is missing.: Hi I have trouble using my microphone, whenever I use it nobody can hear my voice clearly and they always said that I’m far away from the microphone even though I’m sitting near my laptop. I found out that I have to update the real high definition audio but in device manager...
  4. Realtek High Definition Audio Driver isn't Appearing in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek High Definition Audio Driver isn't Appearing in Device Manager: Recently my computer had froze because of high CPU usage I was running multiple instances of a game for testing and I shrugged it off after pressing the power button and turning it on again, only to find out my audio stopped working, along with the Realtek HD Audio Manager....
  5. Realtek High Definition Audio Driver isn't Appearing in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek High Definition Audio Driver isn't Appearing in Device Manager: Recently my computer had froze because of high CPU usage I was running multiple instances of a game for testing and I shrugged it off after pressing the power button and turning it on again, only to find out my audio stopped working, along with the Realtek HD Audio Manager....
  6. Realtek High Definition Audio Driver isn't Appearing in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Realtek High Definition Audio Driver is missing.

Realtek High Definition Audio Driver is missing.: Last night, everything was fine and working but this morning when I turned on my computer, I had no audio devices. I ran microsoft's troubleshooter and it managed to enable my monitor's audio but my Realtek High Definition Audio is now missing which is what I use to plug my...
  8. Realtek High Definition Audio missing

Realtek High Definition Audio missing: I am having trouble with realtek: when i plug headphones, they sound is VERY low, only the laptop speakers workfine. I looked online for a solution,tried to manually isntall the drivers, but Realtek never ends up showing on the task bar, nor in device manager. Also i tried to...
  9. realtek high definition audio driver not showing in device manager

realtek high definition audio driver not showing in device manager: Hi, I have dell XPS 9700 running Windows 10 Home Version 20H2 Installed on ‎1/‎2/‎2021 OS build 19042.685 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0 The realtek high defintion audio driver is not showing under Device Manager >> Sound, Video and game...
  10. Realtek High Definition Audio Driver not showing in device manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Realtek High Definition Audio Driver not showing in device manager: XPS 15 9570 Intel Core i7-8750H @ 2.20 GHz I bought this computer two years ago and have never had any problems with it. I have been dealing with Wi-Fi/audio driver problems off and on for over a week now. I kept having to restart my computer often to fix these problems,...