Windows 10: Both Shift keys are not working on keyboard - Dell Inspiron 13 5000 series

Discus and support Both Shift keys are not working on keyboard - Dell Inspiron 13 5000 series in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, Both of my shift keys have stopped working on my laptop. I do not have an external keyboard installed and I have already tried to uninstall and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KeiraG, Feb 6, 2019.

1. KeiraG Win User

Both Shift keys are not working on keyboard - Dell Inspiron 13 5000 series

Hi,

Both of my shift keys have stopped working on my laptop. I do not have an external keyboard installed and I have already tried to uninstall and reinstall the Keyboard Driver Standard PS/2 Keyboard but this did not work. Please help. I cannot use any 'at' signs, 'and' signs, etc because of my shift keys. Caps Lock works just fine.

:)

KeiraG, Feb 6, 2019
  2. Andy K Win User

jack not recongized in a dell inspiron 13 5000 series

I have a Dell inspiron 13 5000 series.

When I'm putting the music through the speakers, it is working fine.

However, when I'm putting headphones into the jack, the music keeps playing in the speaker and not in the headphones.

The word headphones écouteurs is displayed but it does not say much.

Both Shift keys are not working on keyboard - Dell Inspiron 13 5000 series LsZCx.png

Same in the config console

Both Shift keys are not working on keyboard - Dell Inspiron 13 5000 series QWQ8e.png

As you can see, there is another pair of speakers but those ones are deactivated. It maybe due to that but my troubleshooting instinct tells me the issue lies somewhere else.

Both Shift keys are not working on keyboard - Dell Inspiron 13 5000 series ddIAC.png

And last (see below), the drivers do not have any issues

Both Shift keys are not working on keyboard - Dell Inspiron 13 5000 series c8ber.gif

Questions are :

1. Should I try to reinstall the drivers even though nothing is showing me the issue lies with the drivers?
    2. Have you experienced something similar with that line of laptops? If it is the case, how did you solve the issue?

The OS is Windows 10.

Thanks

Andy K, Feb 6, 2019
  3. Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series laptop- the audio software with welcome, closing and other audio sounds does not work.

Since I purchased my Windows 10 Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Series laptop, the Windows audio system doesn't work well. No Windows welcome or closing music, etc.

* Original title: Hi have a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series laptop purchased May 2017, the audio software with welcome, closing and other audio sounds does not work. Any suggestions?

* Moved from Community Participation Center

***Post moved by the Forum Moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

MikeSzymczuk, Feb 6, 2019
  4. CFK61 Win User

Dell Inspiron 17, 5000 Series Touchpad does not work in Windows 10

Dell Inspiron 17, 5000 Series Touchpad does not work in Windows 10.

How do I fix it? A USB mouse works but no touchpad.

Also I Click to change Dell Touchpad settings and I get an hour glass symbol but no response.

CFK61, Feb 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Both Shift keys are not working on keyboard - Dell Inspiron 13 5000 series - Similar Threads - Both Shift keys

2. Dell Inspiron 13 7000 Series No Bootable Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell Inspiron 13 7000 Series No Bootable Device: Hello, I have a Dell Inspiron 13 7000 Series. It originally had Windows 8, then I upgraded it to Windows 10. I later downgraded it back to Windows 8, formatted it, and installed the OS using a bootable USB. The issue arises when I finish installing the OS and eject the...
  3. Dell Inspiron 13 7000 Series No Bootable Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell Inspiron 13 7000 Series No Bootable Device: Hello, I have a Dell Inspiron 13 7000 Series. It originally had Windows 8, then I upgraded it to Windows 10. I later downgraded it back to Windows 8, formatted it, and installed the OS using a bootable USB. The issue arises when I finish installing the OS and eject the...
  4. Windows 10 Dell inspiron 13 5000 series Bluetooth problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Dell inspiron 13 5000 series Bluetooth problem: Hi there,Everything was working fine until this afternoon when I tried to send a file from my laptop to my phone when this happened, the Bluetooth icon in the notification barre disappeared and even in the settings, and each time it gave me this, as in the picture and I've no...
  5. Windows 10 Dell inspiron 13 5000 series Bluetooth problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Dell inspiron 13 5000 series Bluetooth problem: Hi there,Everything was working fine until this afternoon when I tried to send a file from my laptop to my phone when this happened, the Bluetooth icon in the notification barre disappeared and even in the settings, and each time it gave me this, as in the picture and I've no...
  6. Windows 10 Dell inspiron 13 5000 series Bluetooth problem

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Dell 13-5000 touchscreen stopped working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dell 13-5000 touchscreen stopped working.: Digitech touchscreen tool gives error message my computer doesn't have DTR-o35C whatever that is. Windows says everything okay of course so no help there....
  8. change boot sequence on dell inspiron 15 5000 series laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    change boot sequence on dell inspiron 15 5000 series laptop: As stated above, I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series laptop. I need to change the boot order to check my usb drive first. (to use a recovery drive I jut made). I can get to the UEFI screen, but I can't figure out how to add a usb to the boot order. Can anyone tell me...
  9. Bamboo Ink Stylus for Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Series

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bamboo Ink Stylus for Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Series: Does anybody know if this stylus works with a Dell 5000 Series Laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bamboo-ink-stylus-for-dell-inspiron-15-5000-series/be321add-3847-48b9-b767-d6dc00cfbd03
  10. WiFi speed decrease on Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series laptop.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi speed decrease on Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series laptop.: I use Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series laptop. From 2 weeks i am facing a problem where my laptop is getting lesser speed wifi connection while i am getting higher speed on my mobile. My mobile is getting 40 mbps and my laptop is getting only 10 mbps. I have tested the speed of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. both shift keys not working windows 10

2. comma in uper case on dell inspiron 13 5000 series does not register

3. shift lock dell inspiron 13 laptop

4. dell inspiron 13 5000 keyboard shortcuts not working,
  5. fixing inspiron 5000 series keyboard shift key not working