Windows 10: both shift keys not working; sticky keys off, updated drivers, reinstalled drivers,...

Discus and support both shift keys not working; sticky keys off, updated drivers, reinstalled drivers,... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hi unfortunately neither of my shift keys work, and i need to use my on screen keyboard as a substitute which is extremely irritating, especially... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MaxMarvin, Nov 16, 2018.

1. MaxMarvin Win User

both shift keys not working; sticky keys off, updated drivers, reinstalled drivers,...

hi

unfortunately neither of my shift keys work, and i need to use my on screen keyboard as a substitute which is extremely irritating, especially considering when i program i need to use pound signs and parentheses a lot. my shift keys just inexplicably stopped working one day while i was literally mid paragraph when it wouldnt let me capitalize anymore. i have tried restarting the device, checking if sticky keys are on, updating my keyboard drivers and reinstalling my keyboard drivers. my keyboard is built into by dell e7470 laptop and has taken absolutely no physical damage

thanks

:)

MaxMarvin, Nov 16, 2018
  2. LTUGamer Win User

Both shift keys

Hello.
    I have problem with Lenovo Idea Pad 100 laptop (OS: WIN10). After replacing HDD into SSD I faced a strange problem. Both Shifts of the keyboard doesn‘t work .
    I have tried to:
    • Check if sticky keys are off. They are off.
    • Connect external keyboard via USB port. Shift keys on external keyboard works good.
    • Check the keyboard on online tester which indicates pressed buttons. It can‘t indicate press of the shift
    • Change several different input languages. The problem is on all of them.
    • Reinstall keyboard driver
    • Check if connection is OK. It is OK.
    • Tried to run computer without screws (I have read in one forum that screws could touch the keyboard from the bottom and it wouldn‘t operate normal)
    I believe that keyboard is not damaged because connector damage could cause just exact part of keyboard failure, while it is impossible to do physical damage for both shifts. Any solutions?

LTUGamer, Nov 16, 2018
  3. shift key not working

the shift key as stopped working. I tried a lot of what I can find in the internet (sticky key, driver, hit 5 or 7 or 9 time the shift key) with not success. can anyone help. running windows 10. If I try another keyboard it work, as anyone ever heard
    of just the shift key stop working.

AlainDemers1, Nov 16, 2018
  4. Anne Ros Win User

both shift keys not working; sticky keys off, updated drivers, reinstalled drivers,...

sticky keys

Hi,

Sticky keys dialog box appears when you have press the Shift key five times continuously. It also lets you use the Shift, Ctrl, ALT, or Windows Logo keys by pressing one key at a time. You can set up Sticky Keys from the Ease of Access Center on the Control
    Panel. Follow the steps below:

• Press the Shift key five times.
    • Once the dialog box appear, click the Go to the Ease of Access Center to disable keyboard shortcut link.
    • It will open the Set up Sticky Notes window in the Control Panel.
    • Uncheck Turn on Sticky Keys when SHIFT is pressed five times option.
    • You can also set the settings to your desired option.

After doing so, check if the same pop-up will appear while playing the game.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Nov 16, 2018
Thema:

1. both shift keys not working; sticky keys off, updated drivers, reinstalled drivers,... - Similar Threads - both shift keys

2. Shift key not working both sides

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shift key not working both sides: This is the 2nd time this has happened, the first, about a year ago, righted itself but now it’s happened again. I tried all sorts last time but nothing worked. However, it sorted itself and I have had no problems in the past year. I don’t think it’s the keyboard: everything...
  3. Both shift keys aren't working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Both shift keys aren't working: Whenever both of my shift keys aren't working, I'll watch YouTube tutorials on how to fix it like removing sticky keys/filter keys, updating my keyboard drivers, updating/restarting the computer, etc. But somehow the shift keys continues to not work after I've attempted those...
  4. Both SHIFT keys not working, it is not Sticky key.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Both SHIFT keys not working, it is not Sticky key.: Both shift keys stopped working, although if I press them for long enough on and off then they resume, and will continue working for the most part unless I stop typing for a short while. At first it required pressing just a couple of times for them to work again and it got a...
  5. Both SHIFT keys not working, it is not Sticky key.

Both SHIFT keys not working, it is not Sticky key.: Both shift keys stopped working, although if I press them for long enough on and off then they resume, and will continue working for the most part unless I stop typing for a short while. At first it required pressing just a couple of times for them to work again and it got a...
  6. Both the shift keys not working sometimes

Both the shift keys not working sometimes: Product: HP Laptop Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11I've had this laptop for just under 3 years and both shift keys have been malfunctioning for a while now, entire keyboard works normally but those 2 sometimes just stop working for hours. I've tried checking, updating...
  7. both shift keys stopped working

both shift keys stopped working: i've had this issue b4 and researched a lot about it and it eventually resolved itself but can't figure out how. now it's back, both shift keys stopped working, if i press them a lot they start working for a while then stop, i've already tried many things, it's not drivers,...
  8. Both [Shift] keys not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Both [Shift] keys not working: About yesterday, both my [Shift] keys stopped working, even my [Right Shift] key, which I never use. None of my other keys have been affected and the problem is isolated to the [Shift] keys exclusively. I have already tried some of the more common fixes to this problem making...
  9. Both [Shift] keys not working

Both [Shift] keys not working: About yesterday, both my [Shift] keys stopped working, even my [Right Shift] key, which I never use. None of my other keys have been affected and the problem is isolated to the [Shift] keys exclusively. I have already tried some of the more common fixes to this problem making...
  10. both shift keys not working - not sticky keys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    both shift keys not working - not sticky keys: Both shift keys stopped working, although if I press them for long enough on and off then they resume, and will continue working for the most part unless I stop typing for a short while. At first it required pressing just a couple of times for them to work again and it got...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win7 both shift keys not working