Windows 10: Both up arrow and period key on numpad not working

Discus and support Both up arrow and period key on numpad not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it, but I tried to get my computer to keep the numlock on at startup and the instructions said to go to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by bryce.badger, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Both up arrow and period key on numpad not working

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it, but I tried to get my computer to keep the numlock on at startup and the instructions said to go to registry editor > hkey_users then I changed the data value in "Initialkeyboardindicators"

Does anyone have the original value for that? I think it all started after I tried that and it didn't even work to get my numpad to stay on. If not then what else could the problem be? Any help appreciated

:)

bryce.badger, Jun 11, 2020

2. down arrow key stopped working

My razor lycosa down arrow key decided to not respond at some point today. The other ones work and so does the numpad arrow if i turn off the numlock. Sounds like its just broken and im screwed, but any suggestions?

Hybrid_theory, Jun 11, 2020
  3. Down Arrow Key and Numpad 2 not Working (Windows 10)

Who knows this problem that I am facing for few months that 2 buttons are not working like down arrow key and numpad 2. Down Arrow Key I used the most in games and it stopped working. My keyboard is new.

Why is causing this problem? I tried to find out the solution for days and I didn't found anything yet. Other buttons are working fine but only those 2 buttons are not working when I tap to them in game does not respond.

NefariusShady, Jun 11, 2020
  4. Both up arrow and period key on numpad not working

Since update numpad doesn't work properly anymore

Good evening,

On a HP Pavilion dv7 laptop, since a Windows10 update two days ago (version 1511, OS 10586.104), my numpad has gone nuts.

For example :

• key 2 writes 72, locks caps and opens a Bing search for "help with windows 10"
    • key 3 writes *3wc
    • key / writes /4 and triggers a menu for alternative screens
    • etc...
    Here is what I already attempted :

• uninstall and reinstall keyboard
    • add an alternative language keyboard
    • check "ease of access" options
    • try the numpad in the BIOS : it works fine
    • try the numpad in safe mode, now read this : it worked fine ! I restarted in normal mode and the keyboard worked fine also for a minute or so. Then it went crazy again. Now it doesn't work in safe mode anymore.
    Any suggestion welcome,

Thank you for your help

Lambda_993, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

Both up arrow and period key on numpad not working

1. Both up arrow and period key on numpad not working - Similar Threads - Both arrow period

2. Parts of my keyboard are not working F keys, arrow keys, numpad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Parts of my keyboard are not working F keys, arrow keys, numpad: I have an issue with my keyboard, which suddenly appeared. The keys in black see image are no longer working including F-keys, arrow keys, and numpad. The ones in green still work. I have reinstalled my keyboard drivers, rebooted my PC a couple times, ran a troubleshooting,...
  3. Parts of my keyboard are not working F keys, arrow keys, numpad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Parts of my keyboard are not working F keys, arrow keys, numpad: I have an issue with my keyboard, which suddenly appeared. The keys in black see image are no longer working including F-keys, arrow keys, and numpad. The ones in green still work. I have reinstalled my keyboard drivers, rebooted my PC a couple times, ran a troubleshooting,...
  4. up and down arrow keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    up and down arrow keys: whenever i press the down arrow key it goes down but then up again but when i hold it it works if i press the up-arrow key on the keyboard it goes up two times how do i fix this on the msi laptop...
  5. Numpad #2 key not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Numpad #2 key not working: Ok so there's probably a million and one reasons as to why my numpad number 2 key does not work, lemme rephrase, the key actually works because I input a 4 digit pin when I sign in BUT it does NOT work while I'm just idly browsing. Its so weird. It also works as a arrow down...
  6. Dell Laptop arrow keys and numpad not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dell Laptop arrow keys and numpad not working: My mom cleaned my laptop and now the numpad and arrow keys are not working. For example when I press up arrow key it inserts 100 at the beginning, pressing 7 writes 79 and presses enter. External keyboard is working fine. I have no idea what could this could be. And I can’t...
  7. Arrow keys not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Arrow keys not working: Hi! Is someone able to help me please? My left and right arrow keys are not working well. They both do things like reload and go to previous pages on chrome. And they dont work anymore in typing....
  8. One of the numpad keys not working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    One of the numpad keys not working.: Just today as I was using My laptop, the Num- key stopped working. The issue is not in the hardware as I tried several different keyboards including the on-screen keyboard none of which worked....
  9. Alt + 21 Numpad Key Not Working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Alt + 21 Numpad Key Not Working.: I'm on a Windows 10, and whenever I try to type Alt + 21, nothing happens. It's supposed to come up with "§", but it doesn't. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alt-21-numpad-key-not-working/576f6546-d38a-4aa5-80d8-076c08025823
  10. Right Arrow Key input not working on both physical and on/screen keyboard.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Right Arrow Key input not working on both physical and on/screen keyboard.: Hello, My system is not detecting the "Right Arrow" key pressed. I have tried 2 different keyboards (one of them brand new), and even the on-screen virtual keyboard of Windows: the input is just not computed by the system: all the times Right Arrow is pressed (on any...