Windows 10: Both wireless AND ethernet show yellow triange over icon BUT both work

Discus and support Both wireless AND ethernet show yellow triange over icon BUT both work in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have several computers, one laptop recently has a new problem. The internet network connection in the corner has a tiny yellow triangle and says the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by joshace, Dec 19, 2015.

1. joshace Win User

Both wireless AND ethernet show yellow triange over icon BUT both work

I have several computers, one laptop recently has a new problem. The internet network connection in the corner has a tiny yellow triangle and says the connection is limited and says it is NOT connected to the internet - even though it IS connected to the internet. It does this for both the wireless icon and the ethernet icon, so it can't be a driver issue. I have rolled back the drivers, gone to the HP support site to get their drivers, updated to the latest drivers, and nothing gets rid of those triangles.
    It's also not a router issue, because I have another computer on the same router with no problem on either the wifi or ethernet.

I've done sfc /scannow in both safe mode and normal mode. I've looked for any errors and there are none. It is very annoying.

As always, a lot of people have this same or similar problem, and even though Microsoft is drowning in billions of dollars, they can't manage to provide any support for their own products, so I am forced to come to this website to get help from people who actually have functional brains.

:)

joshace, Dec 19, 2015
  2. Ijem Win User

Cant access the internet (Wi-Fi Adapter problem)

This is getting frustrating! Methods 1 & 2 do NOT work. Both wired and wireless connections do not work. When wirelessly connecting, the wireless icon is showing a limited connection but there is no access.

When connecting using an ethernet cable, the laptop does not even recognise a connection. Method 3 is totally unrelated to the problem at hand.

3. ethernet connectivity

Hi, No error messages (just no recognition of the ethernet cable at all - the icon just shows the wireless with a cross (when the wireless is turned off). I have tried a different cable, which didn't work either but both cables work with another computer.
    The ethernet connection was unreliable with the old modem which is why i changed modem. But the current problem has all happened since I received the new modem yesterday. (modem and cables all work with another computer). Wireless connection is working without
    fault.

I wondered if there was a problem with the physical ethernet port but the communications guy thought more likely a problem with windows 10?

Thanks for your response Both wireless AND ethernet show yellow triange over icon BUT both work :)

Laura

LauraEwing, Dec 19, 2015
  4. mpham258 Win User

Same,i made a post about this yesterday and i still dont know how to fix this.someone suggested to turn everything off in proxy(didnt work for me, but might for u)

mpham258, Dec 21, 2015
  5. joshace Win User
    I managed to fix it - but not in a way I liked. I like to find the actual problem and fix JUST that problem. I tried everything imaginable and nothing worked. Finally, I gave up and used the restore registry backup feature built into Iolo System Mechanic to go back a couple of days to a point where it WAS working and that fixed the problem (and also gave me my OLD registry back). You probably don't have System Mechanic installed already, so you won't have any S.M. backups. What you do probably have are some restore points in your Windows installation. Go to your control panel, then recovery, then pick a restore point. Restore points are made periodically unless you have manually turned them off.

When Windows 10 came out, I naively thought that maybe these kinds of problems would end.. but I was wrong. Windows 10 is another disaster.. and their new browser "Edge" formerly known as "Spartan" is pretty useless because it has been exploited by so much malware just like every other version of windows. They only thing Microsoft is good at is extorting money from people, stealing technology, copying other people's ideas, being a monopoly, spying on people, and selling information to the highest bidders whether that be the government or advertisers. Same goes for Facebook and Google and Youtube (who are now owned by Google).

joshace, Dec 21, 2015
  6. mpham258 Win User
    thanks for replying.i also have tried everything and nothing worked.i even try system restore but it said it couldnt do it and didnt even mention why it couldnt do it.

mpham258, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Both wireless AND ethernet show yellow triange over icon BUT both work - Similar Threads - Both wireless ethernet

2. Random internet disconnections for both Ethernet and Wireless

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random internet disconnections for both Ethernet and Wireless: Win 11 Home 22H2Randomly, I get disconnected from the internet. I've looked at numerous Youtube videos and websites trying to find a solution to my problem. Nothing seems to work. What is really frustrating is I've run the troubleshooter for internet issues. The...
  3. Random internet disconnections for both Ethernet and Wireless

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random internet disconnections for both Ethernet and Wireless: Win 11 Home 22H2Randomly, I get disconnected from the internet. I've looked at numerous Youtube videos and websites trying to find a solution to my problem. Nothing seems to work. What is really frustrating is I've run the troubleshooter for internet issues. The...
  4. Wireless and Windows both not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless and Windows both not working.: Wireless on HP Pavilion Desktop just stopped working, even though it works fine on several other devices. Getting an "Active Windows" pop-up but when I run through the routine in Settings I get error code 0xC004F012. Running Windows 10 which has been upgraded fron 7 which...
  5. Wireless and Windows both not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless and Windows both not working.: Wireless on HP Pavilion Desktop just stopped working, even though it works fine on several other devices. Getting an "Active Windows" pop-up but when I run through the routine in Settings I get error code 0xC004F012. Running Windows 10 which has been upgraded fron 7 which...
  6. Wireless and Windows both not working.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Earphones not working both wireless and wired!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Earphones not working both wireless and wired!: When I plug my earphones in laptop everything works normally untill unless I remove them and plug-in then it stops working, nothing I can hear from my earphones neither from laptop spearkers. It seems laptop have detected the earphones but unfortunately it can't seem to...
  8. Both WiFi and Ethernet adapter shows in yellow triangle,

Both WiFi and Ethernet adapter shows in yellow triangle,: Dear all, I am unable to connect to internet, checked device manager found the yellow triangle on both Wifi and Ethernet adapters , tried to uninstall and reboot, but the same. on the network i could see a global icon,...
  9. both Ethernet + Wifi Not working

both Ethernet + Wifi Not working: After a network reset what stuff should i do to get my internet connection back? because after i reset the network nothing seems to work, no wifi no ethernet, adapters in device managers seem to have a problem yellow triangle when i open them i get code 56 , try to update...
  10. "No Internet access" with both Ethernet and wireless

"No Internet access" with both Ethernet and wireless: I'm running Windows 10 on a Dell Inspiron 15 and suddenly today I lost all internet access. Whether I'm connected through wireless or through an Ethernet cable, I'm consistently getting the little yellow triangle and "identifying, no internet access". Troubleshooting gives me...