Windows 10: Bottom half of screen is blue/gray

Discus and support Bottom half of screen is blue/gray in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, The bottom half of my Dell XPS 13 9350, Windows 10 screen has recently gone funky--it started out as an opaque blue, and has since become more... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by cheidorn, Sep 23, 2020.

1. cheidorn Win User

Bottom half of screen is blue/gray

Hi all,

The bottom half of my Dell XPS 13 9350, Windows 10 screen has recently gone funky--it started out as an opaque blue, and has since become more of a gray. I usually can't see the mouse behind it, but I'm still able to open the Start menu if I click in that corner. Twice it's become transparent and whatever is open behind is seemingly frozen like a Chrome tab I've since closed, then gone back to opaque. It's present throughout the startup process. The amount of flickering also seems to vary. I've restarted, installed all possible updates none had been installed in the 7 days before this happened, reinstalled the graphics driver, and refreshed the video card. Haven't found much guidance online, so any ideas you might have are greatly appreciated!

Bottom half of screen is blue/gray [​IMG]

Bottom half of screen is blue/gray [​IMG]Bottom half of screen is blue/gray [​IMG]

:)

cheidorn, Sep 23, 2020

2. "Gray Screen of Death"

Thanks for your informative post!

I had solved my 2D & gray screen issue using advice posted by erocker (see below)
    Mainly it involves creating a profile and putting higher 2D clocks:

Black Panther, Sep 23, 2020
  3. Roan T Win User
    Blue Screen

Hi,

Blue screens could be caused by problems with your computer’s hardware or with its driver. Still, we
    would like to know more about the issue. Please clarify the following:

• Did you get a STOP code?
    • Did you install any hardware or driver recently?

For basic troubleshooting steps to resolve blue screen errors, we suggest checking out this
    article and simply follow the steps.

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, Sep 23, 2020
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Startup Blue Screen

Hi Jon,

Startup blue screen error(s) can occur if a problem causes your PC to shut down or restart unexpectedly. It could be due to the following:

• Outdated device software drivers
    • Corrupted Windows update system files
    • Software/Security conflicts

We would like to know some information:

• Did you get any blue screen stop error codes?
    • Have you tried booting in Safe mode?

We suggest that you check this
    article
    about troubleshooting blue screen errors and follow the troubleshooting steps provided there.

We will wait for your response

Remon Ont, Sep 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Bottom half of screen is blue/gray - Similar Threads - Bottom half screen

2. Screen Flickering At The Half Bottom Of The Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Flickering At The Half Bottom Of The Screen: Following a similar problem that was reported a few years before."I have a strange problem where the bottom 1/2" of my screen began flickering suddenly. I have already disabled all background apps, switched to the basic screen driver, and restarted my computer multiple...
  3. Screen Flickering At The Half Bottom Of The Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen Flickering At The Half Bottom Of The Screen: Following a similar problem that was reported a few years before."I have a strange problem where the bottom 1/2" of my screen began flickering suddenly. I have already disabled all background apps, switched to the basic screen driver, and restarted my computer multiple...
  4. HELP! 1½" gray band across the bottom of screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP! 1½" gray band across the bottom of screen: Hi,I have a 1½" gray band across the bottom of my screen which is obscuring almost everything. I can see about ¾ of the taskbar. Is there anything I can do to get rid of this, or am I S.O.L.?Thanks.I tried taking a screenshot, and the thing doesn't show!!!...
  5. HELP! 1½" gray band across the bottom of screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HELP! 1½" gray band across the bottom of screen: Hi,I have a 1½" gray band across the bottom of my screen which is obscuring almost everything. I can see about ¾ of the taskbar. Is there anything I can do to get rid of this, or am I S.O.L.?Thanks.I tried taking a screenshot, and the thing doesn't show!!!...
  6. HELP! 1½" gray band across the bottom of screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Gray line at bottom of screen - help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Gray line at bottom of screen - help: At random times, and I cannot willingly replicate it, my laptop screen blinks and a gray line appears at the bottom of the screen. I do not know what causes this issue, and the gray line persists when running any program, even for a little bit as I'm restarting my laptop....
  8. Screen Flickering At The Half Bottom Of The Screen.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen Flickering At The Half Bottom Of The Screen.: I have a strange problem where the bottom 1/2" of my screen began flickering suddenly. I have already disabled all background apps, switched to the basic screen driver, and restarted my computer multiple times. The flicker is where the task bar normally sits, but I've move...
  9. Weird gray bar at bottom of screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird gray bar at bottom of screen: So I was just opening up my computer, when suddenly I noticed this grey bar at the bottom of my screen. Nothing happens when I click on it, and when I changed the background, it was still there. What's going on? [IMG]...
  10. Why is the bottom half of my screen black?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why is the bottom half of my screen black?: Suddenly, all the icons, browser, E-mail and virtually any internet or OS folders are shoved to the top half of my screen. I tried restore, settings, but got nowhere. I turned the PC on and off, still nothing. 44105

Users found this page by searching for:

1. half grey screen of death laptop

2. laptop screen half froze and went white

3. bottom part of my screen is gray and white bars windows 10