Windows 10: Bottom of screen flickering the top of the screen

Discus and support Bottom of screen flickering the top of the screen in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I am having a similar problem to this question asked, but on my surface pro 4 device's monitor.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Andrew1XR, Mar 17, 2021.

1. Andrew1XR Win User

Bottom of screen flickering the top of the screen

Hello,

I am having a similar problem to this question asked, but on my surface pro 4 device's monitor.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-flickering-at-the-half-bottom-of-the-screen/57e0df49-cfb1-41a5-8fb0-688fc1fead3d

However none of the solutions are working for me. What I see is a flickering of the top half inch of the screen on the bottom of the screen. The flicking happens every time there is no movement on the screen and occurs over the desktop, browsers, and applications. As soon as I move my mouse the flicker goes away.

What I've tried:

Updating operating system.

Updating all Microsoft apps.

Right clicking on the desktop to get to display settings and trying to pick the correct refresh rate. However I couldn't do this because it only allows me to select the already selected refresh rate of 60.008 Hz. And when I select Display adapter properties for Display 1 > monitor to try to change the refresh I still only have one option.

I have tried updating my graphics driver, but it says already have the latest version

I tried rolling it back, but I have no options to roll back to.

I have tried uninstalling/deleting the driver to force a reinstall, but that didn't solve the problem.

I think the last thing I can think of trying is downloading an older graphic driver. I'd really appreciate directions on how to get such a driver in a safe way. I'd also appreciate all other suggestions to help fix this issue.

Thank you,

Andrew

:)

Andrew1XR, Mar 17, 2021

2. Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

I haven't made any changes on my device. This screen flickering is only happening in Safe Mode.

AdhipBanerjee, Mar 17, 2021
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

Hi Adhio,

Screen flickering can be caused by hardware or application issue.

To better assist you, please answer the following questions:

• Is the issue only happening in Safe Mode?
    • Have you made any changes on your device prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest following the troubleshooting steps on this article:

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10
    to resolve screen flickering issues on Windows 10.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Arjay Dom, Mar 17, 2021
  4. Bottom of screen flickering the top of the screen

Screen flickering in safe mode help!

Hi Yasmeentq,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your query. I suggest you to follow the steps to get out of safe mode.

• Press Windows key + R

• Type msconfig

• In msconfig > Boot tab >
      Boot Options > uncheck Safe Boot > APPLY / OK.

Screen flickering in Windows 10 is usually caused by incompatible apps or display drivers. I suggest you to refer to the article below and check if it helps.

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Mar 17, 2021
Thema:

Bottom of screen flickering the top of the screen

1. Bottom of screen flickering the top of the screen - Similar Threads - Bottom screen flickering

2. There's suddenly a flickering on the bottom of the screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There's suddenly a flickering on the bottom of the screen.: Yesterday, when I booted up my laptop, it's totally fine, then I left it on standby for 2 hours to do some errands, and when I return there's a noticeable flickering/glitching under the taskbar. Followed all the things I can find on the internet and the problem still...
  3. There's suddenly a flickering on the bottom of the screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There's suddenly a flickering on the bottom of the screen.: Yesterday, when I booted up my laptop, it's totally fine, then I left it on standby for 2 hours to do some errands, and when I return there's a noticeable flickering/glitching under the taskbar. Followed all the things I can find on the internet and the problem still...
  4. Flickering lines at the bottom of screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flickering lines at the bottom of screen: Hi, I recently noticed that there is a line below my screen. Previously thought it was below the taskbar but when I moved the taskbar to the left or right, the line stays at the bottom. The line seems to replicate what is on the screen. For example, if the background of the...
  5. Flickering lines at the bottom of screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Flickering lines at the bottom of screen: Hi, I recently noticed that there is a line below my screen. Previously thought it was below the taskbar but when I moved the taskbar to the left or right, the line stays at the bottom. The line seems to replicate what is on the screen. For example, if the background of the...
  6. Flickering lines at the bottom of screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Flickering lines at the bottom of screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. My screen flickers at the bottom

in Windows 10 Customization
    My screen flickers at the bottom: My screen flickers ever so often a tech person at Microsft on the phone said to get a monitor and i did that and it has helped so much but ever so oftend it flickers what can I do....
  9. Bottom of screen flickering

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bottom of screen flickering: Hello! Just this morning, when I went to turn on my laptop for the day, I noticed two horizontal lines on my laptop screen flickering. I searched online how to fix this, and after fiddling with some stuff(updating drivers, loading safe mode and uninstalling display adapters...
  10. Screen Flickering At The Half Bottom Of The Screen.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen Flickering At The Half Bottom Of The Screen.: I have a strange problem where the bottom 1/2" of my screen began flickering suddenly. I have already disabled all background apps, switched to the basic screen driver, and restarted my computer multiple times. The flicker is where the task bar normally sits, but I've move...