Windows 10: Bottom of serveral windows are below taskbar

Discus and support Bottom of serveral windows are below taskbar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have my taskbar at the bottom of the screen. I don't seem to recall this always happening. However, lately I can open Chrome browser or Notepad, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by phrab, Feb 10, 2021.

1. phrab Win User

Bottom of serveral windows are below taskbar

I have my taskbar at the bottom of the screen. I don't seem to recall this always happening. However, lately I can open Chrome browser or Notepad, the bottom of the window may be behind the taskbar. When I drag a small window, it will stop at the taskbar. But when I open a window, e.g. notepad, sometimes the bottom is below the taskbar, like this:

Bottom of serveral windows are below taskbar [​IMG]

There are other times, when whatever goes below the taskbar is cut off by the taskbar. Am I missing a setting somewhere?

Thanks in advance.

:)

phrab, Feb 10, 2021
  2. newtekie1 Win User

TPU Minecraft Server

Done. Thanks for the suggestion!*Toast :toast:

newtekie1, Feb 10, 2021
  3. Taskbar Issue with Multiple Monitors

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

Please share the information below:

• Are you using a Local Account or a Microsoft Account?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Taskbar and select Properties.
    • Check if the option for Lock the Taskbar and Auto-hide the taskbar
      are ticked.
    • If they are ticked then uncheck the option for Auto-hide the taskbar.

Also, suggest you to update the Display driver by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 10, 2021
  4. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Feb 10, 2021
Thema:

1. Bottom of serveral windows are below taskbar - Similar Threads - Bottom serveral are

2. Taskbar cuts off bottom of window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar cuts off bottom of window: I got a new laptop last week and noticed an issue carried over from my old laptop. I don't know what causes it, but I will randomly find the taskbar cutting off my windows. For example, and this is usually how I notice it's happened, the bottom ribbon in Word which shows the...
  3. Weird space below taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird space below taskbar: Hi! Not sure how to fix this or what exactly caused it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-space-below-taskbar/e02620d6-2fcd-4b97-9cd2-0c3ebd2920b8
  4. Weird space below taskbar

Weird space below taskbar: Hi! Not sure how to fix this or what exactly caused it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-space-below-taskbar/e02620d6-2fcd-4b97-9cd2-0c3ebd2920b8
  5. Taskbar appears below open windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar appears below open windows: Here's a screenshot of the issue. Since I have edge opened using half of the screen that's why you can see it. But sometimes this happens with the app in fullscreen, which is quite frustrating bcuz I have to minimize the app to see the taskbar. I have taskbar auto-hide on...
  6. Taskbar appears below open windows

Taskbar appears below open windows: Here's a screenshot of the issue. Since I have edge opened using half of the screen that's why you can see it. But sometimes this happens with the app in fullscreen, which is quite frustrating bcuz I have to minimize the app to see the taskbar. I have taskbar auto-hide on...
  7. How do I extend app window borders to the bottom and below of the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I extend app window borders to the bottom and below of the taskbar?: I have downloaded an app which makes the taskbar on the bottom transparent, and it look beautiful on desktop mode. But when I open a program eg. a browser, it looks weird as it is still transparent but shows a part of the desktop background. Instead, I want to be able to...
  8. Windows 10 Taskbar below window

Windows 10 Taskbar below window: I am looking to find a way to have a window in the forefront of my desktop and have its bounds extend over the taskbar... I have had this before in prior releases of windows 10 but it appears at some point someone must have thought this was a problem and patched it out or...
  9. Purple line bottom of screen / below taskbar

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Purple line bottom of screen / below taskbar: [IMG]Hi was hoping to find out why my screen has a purple line at the bottom. Sometimes it goes away after a couple of restarts. Would also appreciate if there is any advice on how to resolve this. Currently using surface pro 4, i5-6300U CPU @ 2.40GHz, Windows 10...
  10. Please help me I have a Black Bar on the bottom of my screen below the taskbar

Please help me I have a Black Bar on the bottom of my screen below the taskbar: I've had it for more than a month now I tried to ignore it but It's just so annoying when about 5cm of your screen is cut off I have no idea what to do I have searched the internet for years, please help me...