Windows 10: Bottom right volume icon in system tray not working

Discus and support Bottom right volume icon in system tray not working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am also having the same problem as another Microsoft user Petercoffee re the volume icon in the task tray does not work. I have to manually go into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JanetteStrong, Sep 13, 2021.

1. Bottom right volume icon in system tray not working

I am also having the same problem as another Microsoft user Petercoffee re the volume icon in the task tray does not work. I have to manually go into the volume settings via the Control Panel to adjust every time. I think this likely happened after an MS Windows 10 update as there is no explaining it otherwise. Problem first noticed as an issue when I started up computer yesterday and now today still. Nothing in Microsoft community or online videos etc. with solving the problem has worked. Still have a problem with it.Can you look into this further to give us a workable fix to this proble

:)

JanetteStrong, Sep 13, 2021

2. volume and network icons don't work on system tray

My volume and network icons don't work on the system tray. In order to access them to change stuff, I have to go into Settings, which although laborious is effective. Occasionally (but not always) I can get the system tray icons working for a bit by
    restarting the computer, but again this is only temporary, and they soon revert to not working. Anything I can do?

zavarradeharra, Sep 13, 2021
  3. Notification area (system tray) icons missing, Reset did not work

Hi Kevin,

With regard to your query about the system tray, we suggest that you follow the steps below and see if it helps.

• Right-click on an empty space in your desktop taskbar and select Properties.
    • In the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties window, find the selection labeled
      Notification Area and click on Customize.
    • Click on Turn system icons on or off.
    • If you'd like to always show all icons, turn the slider window to On.
    • Reboot the PC for the changes to take effect.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Sep 13, 2021
  4. Bottom right volume icon in system tray not working

System Volume Icon

I use to have a volume icon in my tray to adjust the sound level. It disappeared. My system volume icon in Windows 7 will not go from the current OFF position to the ON position. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    L: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

PeterSpeier, Sep 13, 2021
Thema:

Bottom right volume icon in system tray not working

1. Bottom right volume icon in system tray not working - Similar Threads - Bottom right volume

2. bottom right icons not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bottom right icons not working: All those icons in the bottom right of the taskbar do not work, no response despite left clicks on those icons. These include the volume, network, clock and notifications icons. The Action Center cannot be called out as well. However, those hidden icons under the "Up Arrow"...
  3. bottom right icons not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bottom right icons not working: All those icons in the bottom right of the taskbar do not work, no response despite left clicks on those icons. These include the volume, network, clock and notifications icons. The Action Center cannot be called out as well. However, those hidden icons under the "Up Arrow"...
  4. bottom right icons not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Some icons in system tray are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some icons in system tray are not working: Some icons in system tray are not working. When you click them the app or function will respond and close only. If you toggle the on WIFI for sample, it will on then immediately turns off. Same goes when you click on the battery icon it will show you its window then...
  6. Some icons in system tray are not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some icons in system tray are not working: Some icons in system tray are not working. When you click them the app or function will respond and close only. If you toggle the on WIFI for sample, it will on then immediately turns off. Same goes when you click on the battery icon it will show you its window then...
  7. Some icons in system tray are not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Bottom right volume icon not working.

Bottom right volume icon not working.: Since yesterday the volume icon bottom right, taskbar would not respond to the right clicks. I have to keep manually change my volume. Like what the hell?...
  9. System tray has no icons for volume

System tray has no icons for volume: Turn on system icons are gray on. I need the icons in the system tray of the taskbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-tray-has-no-icons-for-volume/8e175dbf-d1f4-40c7-9562-3f3e0dff11a2
  10. volume icon not working in tray Windows 10

volume icon not working in tray Windows 10: I have delt with this issue before and used msconfig to solve it however I can't seem to remember the string. Does anyone know the correct msconfig string to fix this issue?...