Windows 10: Bottom rows pixels of taskbar flicker when un/hiding with dual monitor?

Discus and support Bottom rows pixels of taskbar flicker when un/hiding with dual monitor? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have an Aero 15 X9 with an UHD 630 integrated GPU and an RTX 2070 MaxQ discrete GPU on Win 10 Pro 1909. Today, I noticed that when I am using dual... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/leftisthominid, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Bottom rows pixels of taskbar flicker when un/hiding with dual monitor?

I have an Aero 15 X9 with an UHD 630 integrated GPU and an RTX 2070 MaxQ discrete GPU on Win 10 Pro 1909. Today, I noticed that when I am using dual monitors the bottom of the taskbar flickers when hiding/unhiding. Is this a Windows glitch or a me glitch? When I mean flicker, they are showing what is supposed to be under the task bar.

If I am only using one monitor, no problem. If I use dual, there is a problem. Especially if the monitors are staggered in height in display settings (one higher than the other). If they are in line, the secondary monitor still gets this.

I don't know how long it has been doing this or if this is something new. The only thing I know is when I was updating some Intel thing (most likely the integrate GPU driver) it asked me to enable Windows Aero. I tried many different Nvidia and Intel driver configs, but nothing seemed to work best. For a while, I thought disabling the iGPU would help, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Anyone else have this issue? Win 10 Pro 1909

submitted by /u/leftisthominid
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/leftisthominid, Apr 27, 2020

2. Auto-hide taskbar on second monitor only.

Hello,

Please let us know which build are you currently in?

If you are in build number: 14342, I suggest you to follow the steps below to
    hide taskbar on second monitor and check if it helps:

• Right click on the Taskbar and Go to
      settings

• Click on the taskbar option.

• Under Multiple displays you can turn off the option for
      Show taskbar on all displays.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Apr 27, 2020
  3. Schirmy Win User
    Dual Monitors - Taskbar not auto-hiding on second display.

Hey all,

I know there are a lot more people out there than me experiencing issues with W10, but I still have to ask this question. Has anyone else experienced dual monitor display where the taskbar on the second monitor doesn't hide? It's weird, the day I upgraded
    to W10, my settings copied over fine and both taskbars would auto hide; since restarting my computer this morning the second monitor won't auto hide.

Anyone know a feasible solution?

Regards,

Mike.

Schirmy, Apr 27, 2020
  4. Bottom rows pixels of taskbar flicker when un/hiding with dual monitor?

how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Apr 27, 2020
Thema:

Bottom rows pixels of taskbar flicker when un/hiding with dual monitor?

1. Bottom rows pixels of taskbar flicker when un/hiding with dual monitor? - Similar Threads - Bottom rows pixels

2. Screen flickering on a dual monitor setup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen flickering on a dual monitor setup: Hi,I've got a dual monitor setup. An LG LED 22EN33S and a Samsung SyncMaster E1920, I've got a GTX 1050 2GB GPU.The flickering occurs everytime I boot up the PC or I wake the monitors up from being idle and it usually takes up 20 minutes to stabilize. To my best understanding...
  3. Bottom Area with Taskbar is Flickering Glitching and Hiding the Bottom Area on Asus X540YA...

Bottom Area with Taskbar is Flickering Glitching and Hiding the Bottom Area on Asus X540YA...: Bottom Area with Taskbar is Flickering Glitching and Hiding the Bottom Area on Asus X540YA E1-600 Laptop. How can I Fix these issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bottom-area-with-taskbar-is-flickering-glitching/1a90ddec-b83d-4e9c-8567-cbe03ee3a16d
  4. Row of flashing pixels on the bottom of taskbar that mirror the top of the screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Row of flashing pixels on the bottom of taskbar that mirror the top of the screen: I recently got a laptop with Windows 10 and there's this weird row of pixels that flash sometimes on the bottom of the screen. They sometimes don't flash, sometimes they do, and a lot of the time they disappear completely. Does anyone know what's causing this? I already...
  5. Dual Monitor flickering when extended

Dual Monitor flickering when extended: So I have bought a PC in July 2020. I have an AMD Ryzen 5 3600 with a Radeon 5700 XT. And for some reason when I connect a second display and put it on extended mode it starts to flicker every second until I turn it off again. It works if I use Radeon Eyeinfinty or what ever...
  6. Dual monitor flickering when extended

Dual monitor flickering when extended: So I have bought a PC in July 2020. I have an AMD Ryzen 5 3600 with a Radeon 5700 XT. And for some reason when I connect a second display and put it on extended mode it starts to flicker every second until I turn it off again. It works if I use Radeon Eyeinfinty (or what ever...
  7. Is it possible to make applications not un-hide taskbar?

Is it possible to make applications not un-hide taskbar?: I like to have my taskbar hide automatically, but when I get a notification on an app, it un-hides my taskbar, and I only want the taskbar to unhide when I put my mouse at the bottom of the screen. Is it possible to edit the Windows Registry to make apps not force the...
  8. Bottom pixels of taskbar flicker when un/hiding with dual monitor

in Windows 10 Support
    Bottom pixels of taskbar flicker when un/hiding with dual monitor: I have an Aero 15 X9 with an UHD 630 integrated GPU and an RTX 2070 MaxQ discrete GPU on Win 10 Pro 1909. Today, I noticed that when I am using dual monitors the bottom of the taskbar flickers when hiding/unhiding. Is this a Windows glitch or a me glitch? When I mean flicker,...
  9. Taskbar reverts to one row with auto hide

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar reverts to one row with auto hide: Running version 1903. I auto hide the Taskbar and have two rows of icons. After each re-boot, the Taskbar reverts to one row. With auto hide this occurs whether it's locked or unlocked. It will stick to two rows if turn off auto hide and lock it, but that's not what I want....
  10. Monitor flickering, taskbar flickering.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Monitor flickering, taskbar flickering.: My monitor keeps flickering for less than a sec every now and then. I'm currently using 2 monitors, 1 is 1980 x 1080 while another is 1280 x 880. I've tried the task manager, it doesn't affect TaskManager or any program. It only affects the desktop background, Document...