Windows 10: Bottom taskbar, task manager, and start button not working

Discus and support Bottom taskbar, task manager, and start button not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; It was all working fine and then i decided to turn on my computer and my bottom taskbar stopped working. i cant click anything on it. i have read how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kelsi Shib, May 19, 2019.

1. Bottom taskbar, task manager, and start button not working

It was all working fine and then i decided to turn on my computer and my bottom taskbar stopped working. i cant click anything on it. i have read how to fix it but people have said to use the start button or task manager (CTRL+SHIFT+ESC) and nothing is working. the rest of my computer works fine besides the bottom taskbar, what do i do?

:)

Kelsi Shib, May 19, 2019
  2. gammalin Win User

Start Button and taskbar not working

I did as suggested but didn't get to Troubleshoot or Reset computer. When it started back up with taskbar was complete and start button working. Everything seems ok, but slower. So thanks for that. Can you tell me about creating restore point manually and creating system image backup ?

gammalin, May 19, 2019
  3. Start Button displaying but not working

The start button was working until there was a forced reboot (power failure). Then left click (normal click) over the start button does absolutely nothing. Right click brings up a menu but "programs" and also "settings" are missing and not included on this list. Search or Task View buttons do not work either with "normal" click. Does anyone have any suggestion or fixes?
    Thank you in advance *Huh
    Sue

suejbakula, May 19, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Bottom taskbar, task manager, and start button not working

Task view button not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step1: End Task the Windows Explorer.

• Open task manager (CRTL+SHIFT+ESC)
    • Right-click on windows explorer
    • End task (Note: don’t close Task manager)
    • Click on File > Run new task
    • Type explorer.exe and press enter
    • Your search bar should be functional again.

Step 2: If Taskbar is not working then I suggest you to check for the latest updates.

• Press Windows logo key +R, enter
      MS-settings:
      and then press OK. This opens Settings.

• In Settings, go to Update & security >
      Windows Update, and then select Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.

Step 3: Some problems can be fixed by signing out of your account and then signing back in. Press Ctrl + Alt+ Delete and select
    Sign out. Once you’ve signed out, sign back in to your account.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, May 19, 2019
Thema:

Bottom taskbar, task manager, and start button not working

1. Bottom taskbar, task manager, and start button not working - Similar Threads - Bottom taskbar task

2. Start button and search button of the taskbar not working

in Cortana
    Start button and search button of the taskbar not working: Hi everyone I have just recently started to experience this issue from reading other posted it would appear to be a fairly common occurrence " Start button and search button of the taskbar not working "As suggested on the post below I have followed each instruction but I...
  3. Start button and search button of the taskbar not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start button and search button of the taskbar not working: Hi everyone I have just recently started to experience this issue from reading other posted it would appear to be a fairly common occurrence " Start button and search button of the taskbar not working "As suggested on the post below I have followed each instruction but I...
  4. Start Menu, Taskbar, and Task Manager not working on boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start Menu, Taskbar, and Task Manager not working on boot: Hi, I'm having an issue with the start menu, task bar, and task manager. I don't know what is the issue, usually at the start up the task bar icon will show up but now it does not even show up. Even worse every time I move my cursor to the taskbar the cursor changes into...
  5. Taskbar, Task manager, start menu and desktop not working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar, Task manager, start menu and desktop not working.: Recently my computer does not work properly, when I boot it up, it takes a vert long time for the icons on the desktop to load, while bot being able to open start menu, when I open Task Manager it stops working. I've tried safe mode, clean start up, sfc scans and nothing...
  6. Start button and taskbar not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start button and taskbar not working: Hi. Windows 10 Home , 64 bit now showing "critical error, your start menu isn't working. We'll try to fix it the next time you sign in". I've triedeverything from running powershell in task manager, try to reinstall windows apps, trying to reset the pc, running windows...
  7. Bottom taskbar, task manager, and start bottom not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bottom taskbar, task manager, and start bottom not working: It was all working fine and then i decided to turn on my computer and my bottom taskbar stopped working. i cant click anything on it. i have read how to fix it but people have said to use the start button or task manager (CTRL+SHIFT+ESC) and nothing is working. the rest of my...
  8. Start Button and taskbar not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Button and taskbar not working: Please help. Windows 10 has worked pretty well since installing it a couple of months ago but last week suddenly the taskbar is empty and start button not working. I tried the powershell idea but as nothing shows up in the taskbar I can't run as administrator. I'm 62 years...
  9. Taskbar/Start button not working!

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar/Start button not working!: I have Window 10, just upgraded it was working great I turned my computer off and went to bed last night. Today I turn it on and now when I click the start button or windows key. The mouse just looks like it is loading, the taskbar flashes, and nothing comes up. I'm not able...
  10. Taskbar/Start Button NOT WORKING

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar/Start Button NOT WORKING: Hello, I have a Surface Pro 3, updated for Windows 10. I have been switching in and out of tablet mode, and I find myself at a point where now my task bar are not working. For example, when I click on the "Action Center" nothing pops up, or when I click on the WiFi...