Windows 10: Bought 10. Now need help upgrading 7 to 10

Discus and support Bought 10. Now need help upgrading 7 to 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Split from this thread. I already bought a license for windows 7. But the installation process on the PC failed. So, I need help to do the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by IgnacioUzcategui, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Bought 10. Now need help upgrading 7 to 10

Split from this thread.​

I already bought a license for windows 7. But the installation process on the PC failed. So, I need help to do the installation of windows 10 on my PC. If you can help me doing this I will be gratefull with you very much. Thans in advance.

:)

IgnacioUzcategui, Nov 17, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 17, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Nov 17, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

Bought 10. Now need help upgrading 7 to 10

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Nov 17, 2019
Thema:

Bought 10. Now need help upgrading 7 to 10

1. Bought 10. Now need help upgrading 7 to 10 - Similar Threads - Bought need help

2. Operating windows 7 now and I need to upgrade to Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Operating windows 7 now and I need to upgrade to Windows 10.: Would like to download free version but unable to do so as computer has no Windows updates. Keep getting error message Code Ox80073F8F-Ox20000....
  3. Operating windows 7 now and I need to upgrade to Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Operating windows 7 now and I need to upgrade to Windows 10.: Would like to download free version but unable to do so as computer has no Windows updates. Keep getting error message Code Ox80073F8F-Ox20000....
  4. Operating windows 7 now and I need to upgrade to Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Need Help in Upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Help in Upgrading to Windows 10: Hi Microsoft Support,Can I talk to someone regarding how to upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10?Thanks,Akhil Paluri https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-in-upgrading-to-windows-10/4d63ac13-a29e-4889-8086-267ca5449be4
  6. Need Help in Upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need Help in Upgrading to Windows 10: Hi Microsoft Support,Can I talk to someone regarding how to upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10?Thanks,Akhil Paluri https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-in-upgrading-to-windows-10/4d63ac13-a29e-4889-8086-267ca5449be4
  7. Need Help - Windows 7 to Windows 10 Upgrade Failures

Need Help - Windows 7 to Windows 10 Upgrade Failures: Here are my error logs: https://mega.nz/folder/DVoijB4Y#P5S3dIpKrx_-BGJstxiMjg I have an unusual situation, but one that I am hoping someone can help me with. My pc has multiple hard disks. Each one has a power switch that can be operated when the system is powered off to...
  8. Just bought windows 10 need help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Just bought windows 10 need help: Sorry everyone I’ve been posting in here and I’m not the best with computers forgive me. I just bought windows home on the Microsoft website. I also have a USB stick to transfer it over to my pc. My issue is after I purchased it it brings me to “ Download windows 10 Disc...
  9. Need help upgrading from windows 7

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help upgrading from windows 7: [ATTACH] So I have an old computer that I wanted to upgrade to windows 10 and everything was going smoothly until it freezes on a percentage with the loading circle not moving at all so in the end i had to force shut down the pc which leads to it undoing the changes and...
  10. Windows 10 license downgraded to Windows 7, now need to be upgraded to Windows 10. Same...

Windows 10 license downgraded to Windows 7, now need to be upgraded to Windows 10. Same...: I have a situation in where we had Windows 10 license which was downgraded to use with Windows 7 to match the software compatibility on the computer, now the same computer need to be upgraded to Windows 10. Can I use the old Windows 10 License ?...