Windows 10: bought a 2015 Imac had a question on internal drives ??

Discus and support bought a 2015 Imac had a question on internal drives ?? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; HI there bought a 2015 imac fully uploaded to Mac os Big Sur here are the specification. imac Retina 5k 27-inch, late 2015 procesor 4GHz Quad-Core... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tonyb, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Tonyb Win User

bought a 2015 Imac had a question on internal drives ??

HI there bought a 2015 imac fully uploaded to Mac os Big Sur here are the specification.

imac Retina 5k 27-inch, late 2015
    procesor 4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
    Memory 32 GB 1867 Mhz DDR3
    Startup Disk Untitled ??
    Graphics AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4GB

so my question why would that be untitled ? the startup disk here is a pic also of the system disk area. also says partition map unknown???

:)

Tonyb, Jan 27, 2021

2. Network credentials for external drive on iMac

Hi, this is a weird one for me. I have a brand-new Dell XPS 15 7590 laptop with Windows 10 Pro version 1909 and I'm trying to set it up to access a Seagate Backup Plus drive connected via USB to an iMac running OS X Catalina 10.15.2. Interestingly, I can get to shares residing on the boot disk of the iMac just fine, but when I try to open the shared Seagate drive I get the Windows Security "Enter network credentials" pop-up with an "Access is denied." error. I have all the credentials entered for my iMac account on the PC and permissions for the account to the drive in question are set on the OS X side. I believe all parameters for file sharing are set correctly on both the PC and the Mac. I can't figure out why I would be able to access files and folders on the internal Mac drive but not on the external one. Any clues?

Tom Cunningham, Jan 27, 2021
  3. windows 10 internal drive d how to take back ownership of the hardrive?

Hi Steve,

To help you with your concern regarding the internal hard drive, let me suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer
    • Right-click on the Drive D:
    • Select Properties
    • Click Security tab then select Advanced
    • Select Change after the Owner: line

Please let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Virfranz Man, Jan 27, 2021
  4. BobLincks Win User

Installing new internal hard drive

I have connected an additional 4th internal hard drive. I an using Windows 10. The drive is not being recognized, probably because it is not initialized, etc. yet. My question is what are the steps in windows 10 to accomplish this?

BobLincks, Jan 27, 2021
Thema:

1. bought a 2015 Imac had a question on internal drives ?? - Similar Threads - bought 2015 Imac

2. Ref a question asked in 2015

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ref a question asked in 2015: Windows 10 location accuracy is poor. Question created by Howard Staples on 24th July 2015 the subsequently locked.8 years on and this is still an issue !!!!! Will it ever be rsolved. Some apps and sites that now say "May we use your location" insist we are too far away. Uber...
  3. Ref a question asked in 2015

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ref a question asked in 2015: Windows 10 location accuracy is poor. Question created by Howard Staples on 24th July 2015 the subsequently locked.8 years on and this is still an issue !!!!! Will it ever be rsolved. Some apps and sites that now say "May we use your location" insist we are too far away. Uber...
  4. Ref a question asked in 2015

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. International keyboard question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    International keyboard question: I am trying to type this key: ÉI've tried using the french keyboard available through windows, but can't find a way to type that particular key. I am aware of the alt codes but want to know the less cumbersome way. Please let me know the keystrokes to produce this letter, and...
  6. International keyboard question

International keyboard question: I am trying to type this key: ÉI've tried using the french keyboard available through windows, but can't find a way to type that particular key. I am aware of the alt codes but want to know the less cumbersome way. Please let me know the keystrokes to produce this letter, and...
  7. Internal D drive has a blue question mark.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal D drive has a blue question mark.: how to fix blue question mark on internal D drive. I tried running chkdsk /d in command prompt but it says invalid input. I also tried finding the drive in device manager and it shows the drive but it is grayed out. sometimes it is not grayed out and when that happens, the...
  8. Internal D drive has a blue question mark.

Internal D drive has a blue question mark.: how to fix blue question mark on internal D drive. I tried running chkdsk /d in command prompt but it says invalid input. I also tried finding the drive in device manager and it shows the drive but it is grayed out. sometimes it is not grayed out and when that happens, the...
  9. The International Dota 2 Championships 2015

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The International Dota 2 Championships 2015: So who's geared up and ready for the week long event starting tomorrow, August 3rd to August 8th? This is my first International I've watched and I've gone through watching the Wild Cards and Group Stages, seeing some pretty insane matches. More info and stuff: Dota 2 -...
  10. Backup Questions Using the Internal or an External Drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup Questions Using the Internal or an External Drive: I am trying to use Windows 10 Rescue and Recovery to back up or image my entire HD. I will either backup onto my internal HD or an external HD. The Resue and Recovery does not give the option to use the C drive so it seems to me that if I created another drive or partition on...