Windows 10: Bought a digital product I already owned, I know its against policy but is there any way...

Discus and support Bought a digital product I already owned, I know its against policy but is there any way... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Last Sunday (the 24th of March) I purchased Minecraft Windows 10 edition. I had previously purchased Minecraft Java edition, but was unaware that this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Perrin Aybara, Mar 26, 2019.

1. Bought a digital product I already owned, I know its against policy but is there any way...

Last Sunday (the 24th of March) I purchased Minecraft Windows 10 edition. I had previously purchased Minecraft Java edition, but was unaware that this also entitled me to a free copy of Win10 edition until today. I know that refunding digital purchases is against policy but was wondering if there was any chance an exemption could be made?

:)

Perrin Aybara, Mar 26, 2019

2. i know the product id but forget the product key

Hello,

There is still a way to search for your product key. Kindly follow the steps below for you to know your product key:

• Press Windows key + X
    • Click Command Prompt (admin)
    • Enter the following command: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
    • Then hit Enter
    The product key will be revealed, copy the product key then enter it.

Give us an update on what happens.

Anthony Cato, Mar 26, 2019
  3. Activate windows 10 after re-installing (I have lost my product key)

I own a Lenovo T430 laptop. In 2017, I installed Windows 10 using my original Windows 7 product key. Unfortunately, I cannot find that product key anymore. I need to re-install windows 10. Will it be automatically activated after the installation, if I skip the step of asking the product key during the installation?

In my opinion, I believe that my laptop will have a digital entitlement stored on the Microsoft Activation Servers and this will not be a problem. Is that true?

If not, please suggest me a solution or a workaround.

Kushan Randima, Mar 26, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

Bought a digital product I already owned, I know its against policy but is there any way...

EVGA Announces New Global Warranty Policy

EVGA is proud to introduce a new Global Warranty Policy for all EVGA products. This new warranty ensures that no matter which region you live in, you have the support that you look for when purchasing an EVGA product. The warranty will no longer belong to the purchaser but instead the product as we believe in the workmanship and quality of our products and we are here to stand behind them.

This new warranty policy will be automatically applied on any products purchased on or after July 1st, 2011.* Under this new warranty policy, all products will have a minimum of 3 years warranty, and registration is now optional.

Bought a digital product I already owned, I know its against policy but is there any way... 17a_thm.jpg

The warranty is fully transferable. This means that if an end user transfers ownership of an EVGA product to another end user whether via a private sale, or via a second hand online site or auction site, the remainder of the warranty period also transfers to the new owner.

New bonuses will be available for original owners that do register within 30 days of purchase.

EVGA Global Warranty Key Items:
    • 3 Year Warranty Minimum - All EVGA products will carry a minimum warranty of 3 years.*
    • Warranty is now Transferrable – EVGA Global Warranty will cover the product, not the user. The warranty term starts on the date of purchase if user has invoice, or manufacture date if not.
    • Warranty Upgrades – Warranty upgrades are now available for the original owner upon registration. A 5 or 10 year warranty upgrade is available for a small price.
    • EVGA Step-Up Enhanced – Now the EVGA Step-Up program is available for any EVGA graphics or motherboard product with Warranty Upgrade.
    • Global Warranty Policy – An EVGA product is covered under warranty, no matter where you live. If you purchase a product in another country, you will be served by your local warranty center.
    • Free Standard Cross-Shipping RMA – Basic cross shipping service is now free.**
    * Recertified and 1 Year Warranty products are not included.
    ** A credit card will be required for this service to hold charge in place until EVGA gets the defective product back.

Learn more about the EVGA Global Warranty Policy here.

btarunr, Mar 26, 2019
Thema:

Bought a digital product I already owned, I know its against policy but is there any way...

1. Bought a digital product I already owned, I know its against policy but is there any way... - Similar Threads - Bought digital product

2. Is there any way to switch to the HD movie version even if I already own the UHD version?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way to switch to the HD movie version even if I already own the UHD version?: Hi. I bought a movie in the Microsoft store in UHD, where only the SD and HD versions contain an additional audio language, while UHD version contains English audio only. The problem is now that I cannot watch the movie with the other audio languages, since I can no longer...
  3. Is there any way to switch to the HD movie version even if I already own the UHD version?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there any way to switch to the HD movie version even if I already own the UHD version?: Hi. I bought a movie in the Microsoft store in UHD, where only the SD and HD versions contain an additional audio language, while UHD version contains English audio only. The problem is now that I cannot watch the movie with the other audio languages, since I can no longer...
  4. I don't know why I need to rebuy Minecraft when I already bought it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't know why I need to rebuy Minecraft when I already bought it?: HelloI bought Minecraft on April 27 2023 and I been playing it since I bought it. Then when I tried to play today it said that I needed to buy it again and I don't know why I need to buy it when I already did....
  5. I don't know why I need to rebuy Minecraft when I already bought it?

I don't know why I need to rebuy Minecraft when I already bought it?: HelloI bought Minecraft on April 27 2023 and I been playing it since I bought it. Then when I tried to play today it said that I needed to buy it again and I don't know why I need to buy it when I already did....
  6. Is there a way for me to gift a game I already own?

Is there a way for me to gift a game I already own?: Hei, I kinda had a Minecraft Windows 10 version, and well I don't play on PC. And was wondering if there was a possibility that one could gift it away to friends whom plays on pc?...
  7. Already bought a game, but it now says that I don't own it now???

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Already bought a game, but it now says that I don't own it now???: I was trying to download a game I already purchased from the Microsoft Store, but when I do, it says that I dont own the full game, only the trial. Why does it do this? -Alex...
  8. Bought a game I already own?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bought a game I already own?: I bought a game on the pc Microsoft store, but when I looked in my games, it showed up twice, one saying 'modified minutes ago, and the other saying 'purchased minutes ago. the game is Minecraft starter collection, which contains the game and extras. Is this normal, or have I...
  9. i already own minecraft 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i already own minecraft 10: I own this game. I bought it on empiregaming. I redeemed the code and it says I own it on my mircrosoft account. I tried to go to the Minecraft game page to download the launcher.but when I go to the Minecraft game page there is only an option to buy the game pack and the...
  10. Already own an app that is in the Microsoft store that I bought on steam anyway to activate it?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Already own an app that is in the Microsoft store that I bought on steam anyway to activate it?: I bought a drawing application called Krita on Steam,not realising that it it was also available on the Microsoft store however considering the funds should still be going back to the company its a verified application so where it was purchased should be irrelevant right?...