Windows 10: Bought a genuine refurbished HP desktop with Windows 10 installed - however product Key is...

Discus and support Bought a genuine refurbished HP desktop with Windows 10 installed - however product Key is... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; telling me I do not have a valid windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by wendichase, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Bought a genuine refurbished HP desktop with Windows 10 installed - however product Key is...

telling me I do not have a valid windows

:)

wendichase, Apr 23, 2019

2. Windows 7 Professional Refurbished

Came across a Windows 7 key that says it is for a refurbished PC. I believe it is genuine. Can I use it on a fresh install?

Easy Rhino, Apr 23, 2019
  3. Bought a refurbished hp desktop windows 10

No, you won't lose Windows 10.

You can also perform a custom install:

Go to a working computer, download, create a bootable copy, then perform a clean install.

Step 1: How to download official Windows 10 ISO files

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki...

Step 2: If there are files on the drive you want to recover, see - How to: Perform a Custom install of Windows 10

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki...

When you upgraded from a previous version of Windows or receive a new computer preinstalled with Windows 10, what happened is the hardware (your PC) will get a digital entitlement, where a unique signature of the computer will be stored on Microsoft Activation
    Servers. The Windows 7 or Windows 8 genuine license you were previously running will be exchanged for a diagnostics key.

Anytime you need to reinstall Windows 10 on that machine, just proceed to reinstall Windows 10. It will automatically reactivate. You will prompted to enter a product key a couple times through the installation, click I don't have a key and Do this later.

There is no need to know or get a new key, but if you have issues with Digital Licensing or the Activation Troubleshooter, you can utilize an existing Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 product key you already own to reactivate if necessary. or use the reset function
    in Windows 10.

Andre Da Costa, Apr 23, 2019
  4. Bought a genuine refurbished HP desktop with Windows 10 installed - however product Key is...

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Apr 23, 2019
Thema:

Bought a genuine refurbished HP desktop with Windows 10 installed - however product Key is...

1. Bought a genuine refurbished HP desktop with Windows 10 installed - however product Key is... - Similar Threads - Bought genuine refurbished

2. Genuine product Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Genuine product Key: How do check genuine product key, one local man sell a product key and he tell me he sell a genuine product key. are you sell genuine product key from your company to others?...
  3. Genuine product Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Genuine product Key: How do check genuine product key, one local man sell a product key and he tell me he sell a genuine product key. are you sell genuine product key from your company to others?...
  4. Genuine product Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Non-genuine Windows 10 Product Key

Non-genuine Windows 10 Product Key: I tried to activate a product key provided from a website, and as it turns out, it was actually a non-genuine copy of Windows 10 Enterprise, which, of course, I couldn't activate. So now, I can't go back to my genuine copy of Windows 10 Home. More specifically, my original...
  6. Wrong Product Key Installed on refurbished Laptop

Wrong Product Key Installed on refurbished Laptop: Around 2 years ago I bought a laptop from a reputable online retailer that sells refurbished electronics for a discounted price that is a Thinkpad with windows 10 installed, and the key/licence was already pre-input when I received it, like most windows items bought online. I...
  7. i recently bought a refurbished hp that said windows 10 installed and activated.

i recently bought a refurbished hp that said windows 10 installed and activated.: its not activated and keep getting the error code 0xc004c003 how do i activate windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-recently-bought-a-refurbished-hp-that-said/416980e5-23a4-4046-b524-d2b88a07c771
  8. Product key genuine or not

Product key genuine or not: Hello, I have a window's activation key, before installing it,I want to check whether it is genuine or not, bought it from locally,. Windows 10, pro. please help, I want to check it before installing it .Thank you....
  9. windows 10 installation with genuin windows 8.1 product key.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    windows 10 installation with genuin windows 8.1 product key.: My hard disk has been damaged. So I changed my storage to SSD. Now I want to install wndows 10 in my SSD. I installed It. But I am not able to activate It. I have wndows 8.1 key which I got when I bought my laptop. So Is there any way to validate my product key to Activate...
  10. Product key on refurbished computer

Product key on refurbished computer: Hello, I recently purchased a refurbished computer that has Windows 10 Pro on it; my old computer the mother board is going on it and has Windows 10 Home. I tried activating Windows on my refurbished computer using my old Windows Home product key, but to no avail. When I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. on refurbished computer with windows 10 pro preloades do you also get product key

2. bought refurb hp desktop preloaded windows 10 error windows not activated