Windows 10: Bought a heydes canyon and want to completely reformat.

Discus and support Bought a heydes canyon and want to completely reformat. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Windows 10 pro. Haydes canyon nuc.. I want to completely reformat everything as i am giving it to my brother... I wish to totally reformat to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by mattread1, Sep 2, 2019.

1. mattread1 Win User

Bought a heydes canyon and want to completely reformat.

Windows 10 pro.

Haydes canyon nuc..

I want to completely reformat everything as i am giving it to my brother... I wish to totally reformat to fresh.. but i need to have windows installed after with all drivers etc..

Windows came on a complementary package from intel via starterpack.intel.com link.. quite honestly.. i dont know the activation code for windows... And even tho i have obviously used it.. they say it cant be used now.. ****

How do i retrieve the password? Or how will i activate windows after i re-format?

I think he wants a larger ssd... So this will be from fresh.

Thanks for any help..

:)

mattread1, Sep 2, 2019

2. Recover or Reformat?

The reformat won't budge?

I did what you said and then was told to remove the CD from the CD-Rom Drive, put in the recovery CD and then press the 'OK' button to continue

So I changed to the next disk but the OK doesn't appear to be being 'pressed'. Yes I have pushed enter on the keyboard which is what I have been using to get me through the other steps..

Any suggestions?

Kymberly_S, Sep 2, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Bought a heydes canyon and want to completely reformat. :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 2, 2019
  4. Ramon Imp Win User

Reformatting the c drive

Hi,

To better assist you with your concern, we would like to know the following:

• What the exact error message that you're getting when you try to reformat your C: drive?
    • Why do you want to reformat your your C: drive?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken to resolve the issue?
    • Did you make any significant changes to your computer prior to the issue?

We look forward to your reply.

Ramon Imp, Sep 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Bought a heydes canyon and want to completely reformat. - Similar Threads - Bought heydes canyon

2. I bought my laptop that came with genuine Windows 10 OS. I now want to reformat my laptop...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I bought my laptop that came with genuine Windows 10 OS. I now want to reformat my laptop...: I bought my laptop that came with genuine Windows 10 OS. I now want to reformat my laptop and I'm wondering how I can reinstall the genuine Windows 10 since I don't have the authentication key....
  3. I bought my laptop that came with genuine Windows 10 OS. I now want to reformat my laptop...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought my laptop that came with genuine Windows 10 OS. I now want to reformat my laptop...: I bought my laptop that came with genuine Windows 10 OS. I now want to reformat my laptop and I'm wondering how I can reinstall the genuine Windows 10 since I don't have the authentication key....
  4. I bought my laptop that came with genuine Windows 10 OS. I now want to reformat my laptop...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Want to delete storage pool accidentally reformatted one of the drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Want to delete storage pool accidentally reformatted one of the drives: I totally goofed and reformatted one of the drives in a simple pool. My computer is dual-boot and I was in Ubuntu at the time. There was nothing important in the pool, so I don't mind loosing just that drive, or the even the whole pool.I tried removing the affected disk, but...
  6. Want to delete storage pool accidentally reformatted one of the drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Want to delete storage pool accidentally reformatted one of the drives: I totally goofed and reformatted one of the drives in a simple pool. My computer is dual-boot and I was in Ubuntu at the time. There was nothing important in the pool, so I don't mind loosing just that drive, or the even the whole pool.I tried removing the affected disk, but...
  7. Want to delete storage pool accidentally reformatted one of the drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. reformat

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    reformat: I want to completely reformat a HP laptop. I want all the preloaded programs removed and have a fresh win 10 only with compatible drivers. how can I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reformat/d2c5e90f-4ab3-4cd1-8f0e-cd37678bcee0
  9. want update completely

want update completely: I get a12% update then stops updating and receive a error code 0x80073712 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/want-update-completely/c41469d5-995c-48ef-922a-d6900147a52a
  10. Reformat

Reformat: Hi My apologies for my ignorance if this question is seen as stupid. I wish to reformat my computer. I have ISO's for Win 10 Anniversary and and Win 10 Creator (1703) versions. Can I use Creator to install Windows 10 on my computer after I reformat or do I have to...