Windows 10: Bought a laptop in China, want to change language to English

Discus and support Bought a laptop in China, want to change language to English in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I bought a laptop in China, but the only display language option is Chinese; it won't let me change it to English. The OEM description says... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Sam557MV, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Sam557MV Win User

Bought a laptop in China, want to change language to English

I bought a laptop in China, but the only display language option is Chinese; it won't let me change it to English. The OEM description says CoreCountrySpecific, is this related? Is there any way I can change the language?

Thanks

:)

Sam557MV, Jun 30, 2020

2. Laptop bought in China having chinese language and not able change the language

I bought a laptop in China and it is having windows 10 chinese. I tried all the ways I know to change the language. But only the name of the apps are coming in English rest all(settings, etc) are in chinese still. So, how do I get complete English

PrudhviRaj1996, Jun 30, 2020
  3. viki2000 Win User
    Win10 – Language change Arabic to English

I just bought a 2nd hand laptop by occasion and it has only one problem: the Windows 10 was installed in Arabic language and I need it in English. I do not read/speak Arabic language.
    I looked over many YouTube videos in Arabic and English language about how to change the language in Win10. Unfortunately my screens that I see in Arabic language do not match the screens seen in Arabic on YouTube videos/tutorials, so I cannot do a blind click-click and by chance to change it into English.
    I can make print screens and then put them in USB stick and upload them here on EE from another PC – that I figure it out.
    I do not want to reinstall Win10 from scratch, but of course that is the last option.
    Below are the first steps which leaded me to, I hope, Language and Regional Settings in Win10, but where to click further and what to choose?
    I really need your guidance in step by step with pictures where shall I click in order to install the English language.
    A tutorial in English does not help. I need a tutorial (step by step) in Arabic with pictures.

viki2000, Jun 30, 2020
  4. BulldogXX Win User

Laptop bought in China having chinese language and not able change the language

If you bought the laptop in China, it was installed with the localized Chinese version of Windows. If you want the English version of Windows, you have to buy that version of Windows and install it (via clean install) on your laptop.

BulldogXX, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Bought a laptop in China, want to change language to English - Similar Threads - Bought laptop China

2. Bought a laptop in Argentina and can't change language to English

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bought a laptop in Argentina and can't change language to English: I bought a laptop in Argentina and I cannot change the language to English. I've done everything suggested, installed the English language pack, changed the region to English, changed administrator settings etc - but English does not appear in the drop down box....
  3. Bought a laptop in Argentina and can't change language to English

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bought a laptop in Argentina and can't change language to English: I bought a laptop in Argentina and I cannot change the language to English. I've done everything suggested, installed the English language pack, changed the region to English, changed administrator settings etc - but English does not appear in the drop down box....
  4. Change the News and Interests taskbar widget language from Chinese China to English

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change the News and Interests taskbar widget language from Chinese China to English: Hi, I've changed accidentally in my PC the Windows 10 News and Interests language from English to Chinese China, but I can't change the language from Chinese China to English, due to Internet censorship and ban. ¿How I can revert this? I've tried with a restoring point, but...
  5. Change the News and Interests taskbar widget language from Chinese China to English

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change the News and Interests taskbar widget language from Chinese China to English: Hi, I've changed accidentally in my PC the Windows 10 News and Interests language from English to Chinese China, but I can't change the language from Chinese China to English, due to Internet censorship and ban. ¿How I can revert this? I've tried with a restoring point, but...
  6. Change the News and Interests taskbar widget language from Chinese China to English

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Change Chinese Language on a China bought gaming laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change Chinese Language on a China bought gaming laptop: I bought a Lenovo Legion 5 Pro 16 inch laptop with AMD Ryzen 5800H RTX 3070 for my kid from an online reseller only to find out that it is in windows 10 pro china version. I cannot get through the log in page because it is in chinese. Here is what i want to achieve.1. I want...
  8. Windows 10 Pro - Non-English language laptop, cannot change language to English

Windows 10 Pro - Non-English language laptop, cannot change language to English: I'm aware that many questions have been asked, but sadly, I can't find the answer... Due to Covid and travel restrictions, I've had to buy a laptop in Czech Rep. It came pre-installed with Win 10 Pro, and thus the ability to change display language or so I believe, according...
  9. I bought a laptop in China. How to switch it to English?

I bought a laptop in China. How to switch it to English?: How to make preinstalled Windows less Chinese and more English? I don't understand anything in Chinese and I already installed English language pack but I cant select English language as a system language in control panel , only available option is Chinese. Any solution,...
  10. Changing Language of Laptop From Spanish to English?

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing Language of Laptop From Spanish to English?: Hey all i got a question. I'm from the US but outside the Us at the moment in Mexico. My laptop is a dell and its a english laptop bought back in the US. I want to get another laptop but here in Mexico, most laptops are well of course in Spanish. I also believe they have a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How to Install English Windows 10 on Laptops Bought from China