Windows 10: Bought a new computer. The search engine is Yahoo. I set the default search engine as...

Discus and support Bought a new computer. The search engine is Yahoo. I set the default search engine as... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Please help. How to get Google to search. (I don't like Yahoo to search.)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by skip3119, Jul 30, 2019.

1. skip3119 Win User

Bought a new computer. The search engine is Yahoo. I set the default search engine as...

Please help.

How to get Google to search. (I don't like Yahoo to search.)

:)

skip3119, Jul 30, 2019

2. Yahoo search engine

Hi

This probably, strictly speaking, a Windows 10 issue but, hopefully, someone out there can help me. Somehow I seem to have acquired a Yahoo search engine that keeps appearing in my Firefox browser. Can anyone tell me a foolproof way of deleting it? I have tried all the conventional ways but the program doesn't appear in the program list, nor does it appear when I do a search on the computer (via the bottom left hand panel). Any suggestions?

roymathers, Jul 30, 2019
  3. Dutch Win User
    Change Default Search Engine in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

This way of setting the default search engine in Edge worked fine until yesterday. Now even though I have selected StartPage as my default search engine via:
    • Settings
    • Advanced settings (View Advanced Settings)
    • search in the address bar with (change search engine)

It no longer works properly. Instead, it includes Yahoo and tries to force most searches via Yahoo. How do I get rid Yahoo? Do I need to totally remove it as a search engine option?

Dutch, Jul 30, 2019
  4. Bought a new computer. The search engine is Yahoo. I set the default search engine as...

changing default search engine to google from Bing in IE Edge

To change the default search engine on Windows Edge.

Step One: Open Microsoft Edge

Step Two: type in the search engine into the browser address such as (www.google.com)

Step Three: Click on the three dots top right below the x (close button)

Step Four: Click on settings

Step Five: Scroll and click on Advance Settings

Step Six: Scroll to Search in the address bar with click within the box

Step Seven: Click on Add NEw

Step Eight: Your search engine should be listed Click on it

Final Step: select your choice of:

Add as default

Add

Rico Novice, Jul 30, 2019
Thema:

Bought a new computer. The search engine is Yahoo. I set the default search engine as...

1. Bought a new computer. The search engine is Yahoo. I set the default search engine as... - Similar Threads - Bought computer search

2. Default search engine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default search engine: I use google chrome. I set my default search engine to be google again and again and yet Yahoo barges in out of nowhere. I don't want that to happen. I hate opening search settings everytime I want to search something. It is not fair that yahoo is pushed again and again for...
  3. Default search engine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default search engine: I use google chrome. I set my default search engine to be google again and again and yet Yahoo barges in out of nowhere. I don't want that to happen. I hate opening search settings everytime I want to search something. It is not fair that yahoo is pushed again and again for...
  4. Default Search Engine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default Search Engine: Hello I Use Google As My Default Page In Microsoft Edge However My Default Search Engine Is Bing How Do I Change That To Google ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-search-engine/29447819-e73d-4b41-ba12-14099bc501c5
  5. Default Search Engine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default Search Engine: Hello I Use Google As My Default Page In Microsoft Edge However My Default Search Engine Is Bing How Do I Change That To Google ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-search-engine/29447819-e73d-4b41-ba12-14099bc501c5
  6. Default Search Engine

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. yahoo search engine

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    yahoo search engine: For some reason, when i open Google Chrome, it shows yahoo search engine, even though I don't have yahoo installed on my computer. I would like to know how to remove it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yahoo-search-engine/0f07dd0d-d659-40ee-8539-f5e38a9a3dbc
  8. Search engine default

Search engine default: How can I change the default search engine? It currently seems to be Yahoo. I would prefer Google. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-engine-default/3a6ec862-a79b-4472-a301-1992dc648f96
  9. Default Search Engine

Default Search Engine: I've been using Windows 10 for some time and the only thing I didn't like in it is the inability to change default search engine for Cortana and Search. I don't wanna use Bing as my default search engine! I did some search on google to find some source for doing this, but...
  10. Yahoo search engine

in Browsers and Email
    Yahoo search engine: Hi This probably, strictly speaking, a Windows 10 issue but, hopefully, someone out there can help me. Somehow I seem to have acquired a Yahoo search engine that keeps appearing in my Firefox browser. Can anyone tell me a foolproof way of deleting it? I have tried all the...