Windows 10: Bought a new computer with Windows 10 preinstalled - friends tell me I should re-install it...

Discus and support Bought a new computer with Windows 10 preinstalled - friends tell me I should re-install it... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've heard a few times that settings can change and yada yada yada but I really don't know the benefit of a clean install on a computer with nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Xenton, Sep 8, 2020.

1. /u/Xenton Win User

Bought a new computer with Windows 10 preinstalled - friends tell me I should re-install it...

I've heard a few times that settings can change and yada yada yada but I really don't know the benefit of a clean install on a computer with nothing installed but windows itself. Are there settings that I'd want to change? Is it a privacy thing?

How do I go about doing this if there is a good reason?

submitted by /u/Xenton
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Xenton, Sep 8, 2020
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Sep 8, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 8, 2020
  4. r.h.p Win User

Bought a new computer with Windows 10 preinstalled - friends tell me I should re-install it...

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Sep 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Bought a new computer with Windows 10 preinstalled - friends tell me I should re-install it... - Similar Threads - Bought computer preinstalled

2. I bought a new MSI motherboard which has Windows 10 preinstalled and I also put in the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought a new MSI motherboard which has Windows 10 preinstalled and I also put in the...: I bought a new MSI motherboard which has Windows 10 preinstalled and I also put in the product key but Whenever I try to enter the product key however Windows tells me "To activate this product key, this device will need to connect to your organizations activation service."...
  3. I bought a new MSI motherboard which has Windows 10 preinstalled and I also put in the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I bought a new MSI motherboard which has Windows 10 preinstalled and I also put in the...: I bought a new MSI motherboard which has Windows 10 preinstalled and I also put in the product key but Whenever I try to enter the product key however Windows tells me "To activate this product key, this device will need to connect to your organizations activation service."...
  4. I bought a new MSI motherboard which has Windows 10 preinstalled and I also put in the...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. telling me to re-buy Minecraft after I already bought it??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    telling me to re-buy Minecraft after I already bought it??: bought Minecraft java a year ago on a Microsoft account, jus got a new pc and now its telling me to re-buy not only java but MC for windows. ive tried logging out logging in using different emails but nothing is working...
  6. telling me to re-buy Minecraft after I already bought it??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    telling me to re-buy Minecraft after I already bought it??: bought Minecraft java a year ago on a Microsoft account, jus got a new pc and now its telling me to re-buy not only java but MC for windows. ive tried logging out logging in using different emails but nothing is working...
  7. Windows 10 re-installing new installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 re-installing new installation: Hi there, Good day, I am new here and have problem with my acer aspire v5-551 laptop. I bought the later at suny euro in belgium, sometimes around 2015 and 2016, it comes with windows 8 home. Then I upgrade to 8.1 and when 10 was released i also upgraded to the new...
  8. I bought a new computer..with Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I bought a new computer..with Windows 10.: I bought a new computer..with Windows 10. but when connecting the sound, the error "you need to activate windows befo[ATTACH]re you can personalize in Windows 10" appears....
  9. Windows not activated?? I bought a device with windows 10 preinstalled!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows not activated?? I bought a device with windows 10 preinstalled!: I have a surface book 2 which came with Windows 10 preinstalled I update regularly. I checked my device properties and can see "windows not activated". Why is this the case and how do i fix this?...
  10. I bought a Lenovo with Windows 10 installed, but when I use Office products it tells me...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I bought a Lenovo with Windows 10 installed, but when I use Office products it tells me...: I pulled product keys from my computer and there's one for Windows 10, but not Office. I have a Microsoft sign-in but it's not working to sign in for Office. I keep getting a dialog box that says I can only use Office until January 12, and prompts to start a 30-day trial of...