Windows 10: Bought a new laptop, but they used the wrong product code

Discus and support Bought a new laptop, but they used the wrong product code in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I bought a new ASUS TUF FX505DD laptop. It was supposed to have Windows 10 Pro pre-installed. Went to activate Windows, and it's telling me that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by SheaDaily, Dec 17, 2019.

1. SheaDaily Win User

Bought a new laptop, but they used the wrong product code

I bought a new ASUS TUF FX505DD laptop. It was supposed to have Windows 10 Pro pre-installed.

Went to activate Windows, and it's telling me that I can't activate because no product key.

I ran the troubleshoot, and it tells me that the product key used on my laptop was for Windows 10 Home.

I've tried contacting the seller and the distributor, but have received no response.

This is the first laptop I've ever bought brand-new that did not include back-up installation discs or a small pamphlet with product key codes for things pre-installed. All that came with it was a warranty card.

Is there a way to get the correct product key for the copy of Windows 10 Pro that is already installed on my computer without having to go out and purchase it myself?

:)

SheaDaily, Dec 17, 2019

2. product key used for new laptop

I got a new laptop and using the same product key used for my previous one

can the same key work on the new laptop or do I have to buy another subscription ?

the last subscription was bought 4 days back and trying to disable on the older laptop

DEVENDARRAINA, Dec 17, 2019
  3. Wrong Microsoft used for new computer

Bought a new laptop and in setting it up, the wrong microsoft account was used. How can i remove that account and use the correct account? I have tried signing out and logging back in but it defaults to wrong account.

KarlaVining, Dec 17, 2019
  4. Bought a new laptop, but they used the wrong product code

HELP. WRONG PRODUCT bought online.

Hi,

I hope to find some help here.

I have a big problem and I don't find the right link to let you know that I bought the wrong product.

Minutes ago I bought the wrong windows 10, and is not cheap here in Iceland, (and here in Iceland we don't have technical support in our country to call).

I just notice because I have a second hand computer, that I was sure that it came with windows 10 PRO, but instead of that it has windows 10 HOME that is half price than the "pro" here. Really if I know that, I just buy the windows 10 HOME. (*in the specification
    of the computer says it is a Windows PRO).

In the computer it was saying that it has windows 10 PRO... until I bought and tried to run the installer program it says that it has wrong activation key *even says windows Pro key, in the windows Home product.

I just wanted to have the activation key and why not buy the windows 10 again because surely I can't activate some functions without the product key that is needed, So I just wanted to make it right ... I didn't want some "pirate key" cloned or what ever,
    I just wanted make it right.

It was not necessary to pay double price for it.

I bought the wrong windows for this computer, and I can't activate this because I have the wrong windows that works with its proper product key.

I want to change product and a partial refund. I don]t know where to write or call.

I don't know where to write or call. I saw only the virtual agent that can' help me this time.

HELP. HELP. HELP.

Yolanda LC.

Housewife in Iceland.

YOLANDALOPEZ3, Dec 17, 2019
Thema:

Bought a new laptop, but they used the wrong product code

1. Bought a new laptop, but they used the wrong product code - Similar Threads - Bought laptop used

2. Bought a product code on Amazon, and isn’t working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bought a product code on Amazon, and isn’t working.: Bought a windows 10 key code from the official Amazon seller, and it isn’t working when I try to use it. It says to try again or use a different code. It’s copied straight from Amazon’s website....
  3. Bought the wrong product and now I can’t return it.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Bought the wrong product and now I can’t return it.: I recently bought a windows 10 pro key from the Microsoft store, except it was just an upgrade for my laptop instead of a key that can be used on a new computer. I looked at my orders to no avail as it didn’t give me the option to refund it even though I hadn’t used it yet....
  4. Bought the wrong product and now I can’t return it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bought the wrong product and now I can’t return it.: I recently bought a windows 10 pro key from the Microsoft store, except it was just an upgrade for my laptop instead of a key that can be used on a new computer. I looked at my orders to no avail as it didn’t give me the option to refund it even though I hadn’t used it yet....
  5. Bought the wrong product and now I can’t return it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. i bought a product on the wrong account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i bought a product on the wrong account: Hello, i recently bought a Acient coin pack for Sea of theives. on their webbsite it said it can take up to 72 hours for it to be delivered until today when i saw that i had automaticly logged into another account on microsoft store and bought the coins on the account which i...
  7. Bought a new laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bought a new laptop: I recently bought a new laptop. I have an Office Professional Plus 2019 product key for a single product key and I had it installed on my old laptop. I wanted to install it on my new laptop, but I'm having some trouble getting it unistalled on my old laptop. What do I need to...
  8. Bought a new laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bought a new laptop: Hi, I have bought a new laptop, Lenovo. Can I re-download my current Windows 10 Pro without paying for it again ?. Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bought-a-new-laptop/5c5b9202-a51d-435d-afc4-e57059b3cbe4
  9. product key used for new laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    product key used for new laptop: I got a new laptop and using the same product key used for my previous one can the same key work on the new laptop or do I have to buy another subscription ? the last subscription was bought 4 days back and trying to disable on the older laptop...
  10. I bought the wrong laptop??

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I bought the wrong laptop??: I bought my laptop from a gentleman on amazon, I physically met him and he never told me the laptop he gave me was made to not update(For editors and designers so the update doesn't ruin their progress. (Plus he never gave me the activation key,but i doubt it would work with...