Windows 10: Bought a new laptop. Is it supposed to have a Retail License or Generic Volume License Key?

Discus and support Bought a new laptop. Is it supposed to have a Retail License or Generic Volume License Key? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I bought a new laptop an year ago. Now I get the err that my windows license will expire soon. I've checked out some suggestions based on this and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Sohan.Eluri, May 29, 2020.

1. Bought a new laptop. Is it supposed to have a Retail License or Generic Volume License Key?

I bought a new laptop an year ago. Now I get the err that my windows license will expire soon. I've checked out some suggestions based on this and apparently I haveGeneric Volume License Key. I want to know, whether I'm supposed to have aRetail License if I bought a new laptop? or is it okay to have Generic Volume License Key.

Please help me.

:)

Sohan.Eluri, May 29, 2020

2. volume licensing

what if I bought like hundreds of laptops and the product key is embedded from the motherboard, is that apply too to the volume licensing? or just the volume licensing only applies to the machine without embedded product key?

skysummermendoza, May 29, 2020
  3. HarisZul Win User
    Upgrade volume licensing to retail

I bought a custom made pc installed with Windows 10 pro but it turn out to have volume licensing. Is it possible to change it to retail?

If possible, how do I go about it and what do I have to purchase?

HarisZul, May 29, 2020
  4. Rebakker Win User

Bought a new laptop. Is it supposed to have a Retail License or Generic Volume License Key?

License transfer from OEM/Edu retail to new laptop

My children (students) are in need of a newer laptop. I want to transfer the complete installation (system backup) of their current laptops to their new ones.

I bought one laptop (laptop A) with a 'Win 10 RTM Core OEMBought a new laptop. Is it supposed to have a Retail License or Generic Volume License Key? :DM' license (Windows 10 Home).

I want to transfer the system backup of laptop B ('Win 8.1 RTM Core OEMBought a new laptop. Is it supposed to have a Retail License or Generic Volume License Key? :DM' license which is upgraded to a 'Win 10 RTM Education Retail') to laptop A.

And I want to transfer the system backup of laptop C ('Win 8 RTM Core OEMBought a new laptop. Is it supposed to have a Retail License or Generic Volume License Key? :DM' license which is also upgraded to a 'Win 10 RTM Education Retail') to laptop B.

How can I perform the (re)activation or other license concerns with this transfer of the system backup?

Or if the OEM product keys are tied to the original laptops, how do I change the OEM product key of laptop A after system backup recovery to it's original 'Win 10 RTM Core OEMBought a new laptop. Is it supposed to have a Retail License or Generic Volume License Key? :DM' and keep the 'Win 10 RTM Education Retail' upgrade ?

Rebakker, May 29, 2020
Thema:

Bought a new laptop. Is it supposed to have a Retail License or Generic Volume License Key?

1. Bought a new laptop. Is it supposed to have a Retail License or Generic Volume License Key? - Similar Threads - Bought laptop supposed

2. Windows 10 license key retailer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 license key retailer: so me and my friend are working on building a computer and my friend wants it to be windows 10 but we dont have much money left after buying the GPU so we where searching to get a windows 10 key but the prices seem a bit low on this website and so we're not sure if its a good...
  3. Windows 10 license key retailer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 license key retailer: so me and my friend are working on building a computer and my friend wants it to be windows 10 but we dont have much money left after buying the GPU so we where searching to get a windows 10 key but the prices seem a bit low on this website and so we're not sure if its a good...
  4. Windows 10 license key retailer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. VOLUME License turns into Retail

VOLUME License turns into Retail: dear Microsoft Team,I bought a PC and the Windows 10 was activated as KMS Volume Activation/ activated with Organization's License. Then I tried to Rearm the License then it says: we cant activated your windows bl bl bla.....Then I clicked Activation Troubleshooting, and it...
  6. Retail license

Retail license: Hello All, can we use retail license windows 10 pro for Organization? If YES, there is no objection from Microsoft? Regards, Rakesh C https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/retail-license/02951d9b-e3f6-4aa6-975f-e1654051e185
  7. Retail license

Retail license: Hello, Retail license windows 10 pro can use for Organization ? Regards, Rakesh C https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/retail-license/259bd1b2-9411-4df3-9362-aaac83c5c777
  8. How To Transfer Retail License Key to New User

How To Transfer Retail License Key to New User: Hello, I have a retail Windows 10 Home key that I want to disassociate from my account and transfer to a new user/account when I sell a system. How do I do that? Thanks in advance for your help....
  9. Enterprise license Upgrade with Retail license

Enterprise license Upgrade with Retail license: Hi i have a client who using enterprise license for windows 7 Pro and office 2010 Pro on 100 machines, now they would like to upgrade with using retail license windows 10 Pro and office 2016 or 2019 Pro, kindly advise is that possible to surrender all enterprise license on...
  10. Generic keys and License keys.

Generic keys and License keys.: Question, I have a windows 10 home generic key installed with permanent activation (Was like this when I got it from the company that my sister brought it from) and I am just wondering, would this be the reason why I have been having problems with some games running? I...