Windows 10: Bought a new motherboard and cpu now im on my new comp but it wont let me activate windows...

Discus and support Bought a new motherboard and cpu now im on my new comp but it wont let me activate windows... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; im trying to contact Microsoft support but it says its unavailable, i want to activate windows but its giving me errors saying that im linked to my old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Richard_10110, May 27, 2022.

1. Bought a new motherboard and cpu now im on my new comp but it wont let me activate windows...

im trying to contact Microsoft support but it says its unavailable, i want to activate windows but its giving me errors saying that im linked to my old system. any ideas how to get this changed?

:)

Richard_10110, May 27, 2022
  2. ZetsZets Win User

windows 10 wont activate after new motherboard and cpu install.

today i decided to install a new motherboard and cpu becuase my old motherboard stopped working and after installing windows 10 and running all the updates it wont let me activate. i get error code 0x803FA067.

ZetsZets, May 27, 2022
  3. Activate windows after new Mainboard+CPU

Hello Microsoft community,

i recently installed a new mainboard and CPU and soon i got asked to activate windows by the annoying notification in the bottom right.

now i bought a retail key which is supposed to be re-activatable but it wont let me for some reason use it anymore.

as i learned the Key is bound to hardware but im obviously not gonna revert to my old cpu+mb is there anything i can do except for buying a new key?

thanks in advance, regards

Manfred Konrad, May 27, 2022
  4. KVPurren Win User

Bought a new motherboard and cpu now im on my new comp but it wont let me activate windows...

New cpu+motherboard, Windows 10 Pro no longer activated.

I upgraded my cpu and motherboard today and my windows 10 Pro is no longer activated, I had no idea switching motherboards/cpus deactivated my windows 10 upgrade. Is there anything I can do without having to spend a ridiculous 200 dollars for a new windows
    10?

KVPurren, May 27, 2022
Thema:

Bought a new motherboard and cpu now im on my new comp but it wont let me activate windows...

1. Bought a new motherboard and cpu now im on my new comp but it wont let me activate windows... - Similar Threads - Bought motherboard cpu

2. Bought a new motherboard and cpu now im on my new comp but it wont let me activate windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bought a new motherboard and cpu now im on my new comp but it wont let me activate windows...: im trying to contact Microsoft support but it says its unavailable, i want to activate windows but its giving me errors saying that im linked to my old system. any ideas how to get this changed?...
  3. Bought a new motherboard and cpu now im on my new comp but it wont let me activate windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bought a new motherboard and cpu now im on my new comp but it wont let me activate windows...: im trying to contact Microsoft support but it says its unavailable, i want to activate windows but its giving me errors saying that im linked to my old system. any ideas how to get this changed?...
  4. I just bought a new pc and it won't let me activate windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I just bought a new pc and it won't let me activate windows: I just got a new pc from Microcenter. It's a Cyberpower. The specs has Windows 10 listed and yet, I went through the set up process and now I keep getting messages that I need to activate Windows 10. I have nothing to activate it with, no key code or anything. I figured...
  5. Windows Activation Wont Work After New Motherboard

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Activation Wont Work After New Motherboard: I purchased a copy of Windows 10 pro in february, shortly thereafter I upgraded my motherboard. My windows 10 installation told me I need to reactivate. Reactivation doesnt work as it always says it cant contact microsoft servers. In my accounts billing history I can clearly...
  6. New motherboard now wont boot into windows

in Windows 10 Support
    New motherboard now wont boot into windows: Aloha everyone so this is what I have going on. fyi I built the computer myself have had it a couple years. last week I got a USB overvoltage so I replaced the MB now it wont boot to Win 10 1: I installed a new Asus z390e motherboard it posted to the bios my drive shows up as...
  7. Windows 10 Activation, New motherboard and CPU

Windows 10 Activation, New motherboard and CPU: Hello, I just upgraded my computer with a new motherboard and CPU. I installed a clean copy of windows 10 pro from a USB and skipped inputting a product key/activation code because I do not have one. Before the change, I linked my copy of windows 10 pro to this microsoft...
  8. windows 10 wont activate after new motherboard and cpu install.

windows 10 wont activate after new motherboard and cpu install.: today i decided to install a new motherboard and cpu becuase my old motherboard stopped working and after installing windows 10 and running all the updates it wont let me activate. i get error code 0x803FA067....
  9. Got a new motherboard/cpu...activation issues.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Got a new motherboard/cpu...activation issues.: I didn't think this would happen, and it's annoying me now. First of all the Windows 10 I have is the free upgraded version. Not only that, but the troubleshooting option and choosing the hardware change doesn't work. It tells me it can't connect to the servers and to try...
  10. New motherboard and CPU

in Windows 10 Support
    New motherboard and CPU: Ok I think I am having to give up on what on earth is wrong with my Ivy Bridge build (2012) and replace the board (and CPU) with either of these Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming3 ATX 1151 Motherboard GA-Z170X-Gaming3 | shopping express online (impressive price) or Gigabyte...