Windows 10: Bought a new PC and I'm trying to active my digital license.

Discus and support Bought a new PC and I'm trying to active my digital license. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I had Windows 7 a few years back (I still have the activation key for it) and I used the free upgrade to Windows 10 which I associated with my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by meowses, Dec 13, 2019.

1. meowses Win User

Bought a new PC and I'm trying to active my digital license.

I had Windows 7 a few years back (I still have the activation key for it) and I used the free upgrade to Windows 10 which I associated with my Microsoft account. Now I bought a new PC, installed Windows and logged in on my account but it doesn't activate Windows. It gives me an error: 0xC004F213

I already clicked on troubleshooting many times but it doesn't work. I contacted Microsoft with their virtual agents but they couldn't help me either. What else can I do besides calling them?

:)

meowses, Dec 13, 2019
  2. AhmadH. Win User

Transferring Digital License to new PC

Hello,

I have been trying to activate Windows 10 on my new computer using the digital license I have connected to my Microsoft account. I bought Windows 10 Pro digitally from Microsoft a few years ago and have been running it on my laptop since. My new desktop is
    meant to replace my laptop. Following some guides online, I started the Activation Troubleshooter and clicked on "I changed hardware on this device recently." It opens a list of devices that I'm signed in on so I can choose which one to activate. My new desktop
    PC doesn't show up in that list though.

I finished installing Windows on my new PC last night, so I'm not sure if some kind of activation servers need time to update the list of devices my Microsoft account is running on. But I guess this is why I'm posting this question here.

Just to be clear, I will be using my desktop as my main PC, which I want Windows activated on. My laptop is just going into storage or something, so the account should be deactivated on it.

AhmadH., Dec 13, 2019
  3. Transfer digital license from old PC to New one.

You would have to first ensure the Digital License is linked to your Microsoft Account. See instructions how to do that. You can then use the Troubleshooter on the new computer after installing Windows 10 to restore the license.

Please note, if your license was upgraded from a OEM preinstalled Windows 7 or Windows 7 license, it is not transferable.

See:

Andre Da Costa, Dec 13, 2019
  4. arvindakk Win User

Activation of Windows 10 pro digital license in my new laptop. Kindly suggest.

Unable to activate my new PC to windows 10 pro using digital license from my existing PC. Kindly suggest

arvindakk, Dec 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Bought a new PC and I'm trying to active my digital license. - Similar Threads - Bought I'm trying

2. Error 0c803fabc3 occured when trying to activate digital license on new PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0c803fabc3 occured when trying to activate digital license on new PC.: Hi,i tried to activate a copy of Windows 11 Professional N digital license on a new PC that I just bought. To clarify, I want to use the license only on the new PC from hereon called new PC and wipe the old PC/SSD from here on called old PC to sell it as a used parts. I was...
  3. Error 0c803fabc3 occured when trying to activate digital license on new PC.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error 0c803fabc3 occured when trying to activate digital license on new PC.: Hi,i tried to activate a copy of Windows 11 Professional N digital license on a new PC that I just bought. To clarify, I want to use the license only on the new PC from hereon called new PC and wipe the old PC/SSD from here on called old PC to sell it as a used parts. I was...
  4. Transferring Digital License to New PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transferring Digital License to New PC: I want to transfer a retail digital license for Windows 10 Home Edition, purchased online, from my Lenovo desktop, which stopped working, to a new Dell desktop. I have tried all of the suggestions and MS Support, but I can't get through to talk to an actual person. I am...
  5. Transferring Digital License to a new PC

Transferring Digital License to a new PC: Hello, I am soon going to sell my PC and build a new one, but I'd like to transfer my digital license over to the new PC that I am going to build. I would also like to point out that my digital license is already linked to my Microsoft account. I need a explanation on how to...
  6. I bought a new Laptop and I wonder if I can activate new one with my digital license

I bought a new Laptop and I wonder if I can activate new one with my digital license: Hi, I had a VAIO Laptop and I was using windows 10 pro on it with a digital license. Now I disconnect my previous one from Microsoft account and now I want to activate my new one with it. Is that even possible? Best Regards,...
  7. Cannot use my digital license to activate my new pc

Cannot use my digital license to activate my new pc: Hi, i just build a new pc and sign in with my microsoft account which having a digital license entitled. i have followed the instruction to reactivate the license as below steps: settings -> update & security -> Activation -> Troubleshoot and click “ I changed hardware on...
  8. Windows digital license on new PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows digital license on new PC: Hello. I had a Windows 8 laptop and when Windows 10 came out, I updated for free which means I got a digital activation license for my Microsoft Account. After I got a PC though, I cannot use that license. Is this how it works or am I running into a problem?...
  9. Windows 10 digital license activation on a new PC.

Windows 10 digital license activation on a new PC.: Hello, i got a free upgrade to Windows 10 on my laptop when Microsoft first announced it. That was a few years ago. I got a new PC last year and the shop i got it from had already Windows pre-installed on the device. As i discovered, it was a pirated license. It started...
  10. Digital License transfer to a new pc

Digital License transfer to a new pc: Greetings, I want to transfer my Windows 10 digital license to a new laptop which has shipped with pre-installed MS DOS. My old laptop had shipped with pre-installed Windows 8.1 which I upgraded to Windows 10 Home (single language) using the free offer available during that...