Windows 10: bought a new replacement for my hdd

Discus and support bought a new replacement for my hdd in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just bought a new HDD and I'm trying to figure out how to transfer everything to the new HDD without having to buy windows. I just want to get rid of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ShadowShepard, May 10, 2019.

1. bought a new replacement for my hdd

I just bought a new HDD and I'm trying to figure out how to transfer everything to the new HDD without having to buy windows. I just want to get rid of my old HDD.

:)

ShadowShepard, May 10, 2019

2. Installing a new HDD to replace a HDD of the same size that failed.

I have a Windows 10 OS installed on my C: drive. I had data stored on an HDD designated as D: drive. That second drive failed and was replaced by a new HDD. Both are the same size and type of drives, except different manufactures. The new HDD is not
    listed in File Explorer. It is listed in Computer Management under Device Manager as a Disk drive. Disk Management under Storage does not list the new HDD.

I have tested the new HDD with software downloaded from the manufacture and it has passed all tests. At least that software was able to access the new drive and perform low level tests to see if it is operational.

Looking at the events log for this HDD, I find an event warning that says "Device ... was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match." Opening up the properties indicates drivers have been installed. Reading the volume information results in: "Volume
    information for this disk cannot be found"

I suspect that the problem with the volume information is associated with the warning in the event log. I removed the HDD, restarted the PC then shut it down to start the installation process over again. No change in the event log or status of the new
    HDD. Can anyone suggest how I can get past that warning?

RonTognazzini, May 10, 2019
  3. Replacing new Hard drive(HDD)

Hello Sir/Madam,

My previous hard drive was spoiled,So i bought a new HDD for replacement.But im having trouble to install it.

I have replaced the HDD in to my laptop but i have no idea what should do next?

Its just displaying a boot menu.

1)Do i need a new product key for install the Win10?

2)what should be in the USB drive to do the boot menu?

Can you please help me to fix it out?

Hope will get reply soon from you

Thank you

Regards,

Aaron

Aaron_riboy, May 10, 2019
  4. bought a new replacement for my hdd

Recovery problems after HDD replacement.

Hello there!

My PC is HP Pavilion Laptop (cc-102tx) with Windows 10 Home Edition.

I had replaced my old HDD with a new one (both 1TB) as old one was having some noise issue. Before replacement I had created recovery media of my OS in a bootable pen drive. Soon, after the replacement of the HDD, I plugged in the USB drive and the recovery
    initialisation started without any issue. But as soon as it reached the Software Installation page, it gave me an error message stating 'Restoration Incomplete'. I retried the whole process a few times but in all tries it stopped at more or less the same step.
    Later, in the 10th try, it went to install the software and the Windows Desktop and normal appearance was there during the process. But as soon as the task was all complete, it again gave me the same error. This time I switched off my PC, and removed the USB
    pen drive; Then booted using the HDD and configured the new Windows. But now when I ran the command "sfc /scannow" to ensure that everything is right in place, the process completed with the comment that "some repairs couldn't been made". Please suggest me
    the next step so as to ensure proper function of my recovered OS in future.

Viren Ramchandani, May 10, 2019
Thema:

bought a new replacement for my hdd

1. bought a new replacement for my hdd - Similar Threads - bought replacement hdd

2. Replacing old HDD with the new SSD for my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Replacing old HDD with the new SSD for my laptop: I have a Lenovo laptop running on Windows 10. I am planning to replace the the hard drive from HDD to SSD to enhance the speed. My question is, How can i transfer the existing OS from the HDD to the new SSD using the back-up file?...
  3. Replacing old HDD with the new SSD for my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Replacing old HDD with the new SSD for my laptop: I have a Lenovo laptop running on Windows 10. I am planning to replace the the hard drive from HDD to SSD to enhance the speed. My question is, How can i transfer the existing OS from the HDD to the new SSD using the back-up file?...
  4. Replacing old HDD with the new SSD for my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Replacing HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Replacing HDD: I have a HP s5-1114 with Windows 10 Home that was upgraded from Windows 8.1 via the free upgrade. It is attached to my account. My HDD has died and I've ordered a new one. How do I get my SW key to reinstall the OS? I recall seeing it was digitally saved to my account, but...
  6. Replacing HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Replacing HDD: I have a HP s5-1114 with Windows 10 Home that was upgraded from Windows 8.1 via the free upgrade. It is attached to my account. My HDD has died and I've ordered a new one. How do I get my SW key to reinstall the OS? I recall seeing it was digitally saved to my account, but...
  7. Replacing HDD

8. HDD replaced with SSD, need to transfer my license to new SSD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    HDD replaced with SSD, need to transfer my license to new SSD: Hi,As my laptop is old and getting slow, i decided to install the HDD to it, but the problem is how do i transfer my windows license to it, as it came in pre-installed in the laptop, and I do not have the product key.Any help would be appreciated.Regards,Tushar...
  9. New installation on store bought HDD

New installation on store bought HDD: I've partitioned and formatted the HDD ntfs from the Shift F10 prompt of the media tool. however i get this error code 0x8007025D installation failure I'm racking my brain as to why, any thoughts?...
  10. Replacing my HDD with SSD?

Replacing my HDD with SSD?: Hi, I have a Dell Inspiron 3650 with Windows 10. Last year I upgraded to i7-6700 and 16GB of RAM (Crucial.) Now I would like to add a SSD and 2 TB data HDD. I currently have a 1TB Hard Drive that my PC came with in June of 2016. So my question is, how do I upgrade the HDD and...