Windows 10: Bought a New SSD

Discus and support Bought a New SSD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; i bought a new 500gb SSD and would like to use it instead of my old hard drive. I have a windows product key and tried to download the windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LiamErickson, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Bought a New SSD

i bought a new 500gb SSD and would like to use it instead of my old hard drive. I have a windows product key and tried to download the windows 10 installation media to a usb but it said there was a problem. If i just take out my old hard drive and plug in my new SSD, can i just reboot my computer and instert my windows activation key? Or do i have to do the windows 10 installation media, an if so how to i avoid getting the error?

Here is a link of my computer parts:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/t2dVXP

:)

LiamErickson, Jan 1, 2019
  2. davnav Win User

new pc 1tb hdd to ssd clone advice needed

Ive just bought a brand new lenovo pc which has windows 10 home 64bit and has a 1tb hard drive fitted, im looking for advice on the following.

Ive fitted the ssd into the pc but its not shown up so need step by step guide on how to make it active ?

Next I need help on how to clone the 1tb hdd to the
    Ssd drive, step by step and best software to use and have the ssd as the main drive then use the the 1hdd for storage.I just dont want to break my new system
    Thanks for your time.

davnav, Jan 1, 2019
  3. Recovering Windows 10 to new SSD

Two months ago, I bought a new Asus desktop PC with Win10 preinstalled. Last week, I bought and installed an SSD. It was my intent to clone the old hard drive onto the new one using the software included with the drive (from Acronis) but that failed.
    Being pretty tech savvy, I tried to fix the problem myself, but one thing led to another and now Windows cannot boot, either from the SSD or from the original mechanical drive.

A fellow tech savvy friend and I have surmised that the original SSD was defective, so I bought another one and plan to install it tomorrow morning. I created a recovery drive (with the OS files included) before I installed the defective drive, so I have
    a means to recover Windows to the new SSD. This leads me to my question.

Does Windows Recovery create the necessary partitions for you, or is it something I need to do myself? Since I have a new system, it runs on UEFI instead of BIOS, and I'm pretty unfamiliar with using utilities (e.g. DISKPART) to create them from scratch.
    So, if I need to do anything to the new drive before running the recovery, I'd appreciate a step-by-step walkthrough.

The computer was a Microsoft Signature Edition Asus, so my recovery drive is as plain vanilla as one can get.

Thanks,

Luke

LukeJensen972, Jan 1, 2019
  4. Bought a New SSD

SSD stops and freezes laptop

Couple of updates:

1. I created a Linux boot USB key, and monitored my SSD under Linux, so this is evidently not a Windows issue, and
    2. I loaded new firmware for the SSD, and my system seems to be functioning normally now. What a pleasure using a PC that doesn't consistently freeze up.

Thanks to all y'all for your suggestions!

Regards,

Dave

DavidMiller36415, Jan 1, 2019
Thema:

Bought a New SSD

1. Bought a New SSD - Similar Threads - Bought SSD

2. Bought new M.2 SSD, PC will not boot while it's installed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bought new M.2 SSD, PC will not boot while it's installed: Some time ago I bought a pre-built PC make is PowerSpec. It came with an SSD already installed, but the motherboard an ASRock B450 Pro4 has one additional slot for an M.2 SSD it has an "Ultra M.2" sticker on it if that means anything. Today I bought another SSD to increase...
  3. Bought new M.2 SSD, PC will not boot while it's installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bought new M.2 SSD, PC will not boot while it's installed: Some time ago I bought a pre-built PC make is PowerSpec. It came with an SSD already installed, but the motherboard an ASRock B450 Pro4 has one additional slot for an M.2 SSD it has an "Ultra M.2" sticker on it if that means anything. Today I bought another SSD to increase...
  4. Bought new M.2 SSD, PC will not boot while it's installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How can I turn off a bitlocker from my freshly bought samsung t7 ssd?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I turn off a bitlocker from my freshly bought samsung t7 ssd?: I just bought two t7 ssds from samsung. I booted them up on my laptop, put some files on them to transfer to my pc at home etc. All worked fine. I also installed the samsung SSD Software on the Laptop and PC. The SSD is being detected by said software on both machines. I...
  6. How can I turn off a bitlocker from my freshly bought samsung t7 ssd?

How can I turn off a bitlocker from my freshly bought samsung t7 ssd?: I just bought two t7 ssds from samsung. I booted them up on my laptop, put some files on them to transfer to my pc at home etc. All worked fine. I also installed the samsung SSD Software on the Laptop and PC. The SSD is being detected by said software on both machines. I...
  7. I have bought a pc with ssd, but i receive blue screen error with stopcode:CRITICAL...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have bought a pc with ssd, but i receive blue screen error with stopcode:CRITICAL...: I need help with it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-bought-a-pc-with-ssd-but-i-receive-blue/776c69b4-c59d-4340-9fc7-2ca2acd9c812
  8. I have bought a pc with ssd, but i receive blue screen error with stopcode:CRITICAL...

I have bought a pc with ssd, but i receive blue screen error with stopcode:CRITICAL...: I need help with it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-bought-a-pc-with-ssd-but-i-receive-blue/776c69b4-c59d-4340-9fc7-2ca2acd9c812
  9. I bought a new ssd plus enclosure. The ssd then failed to initialize and no driver letter...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought a new ssd plus enclosure. The ssd then failed to initialize and no driver letter...: I bought a new ssd plus enclosure. The ssd then failed to initialize and no driver letter is thus assigned. With no driver lettet assigned, I cannot detect the ssd even using disk management....
  10. I bought a new ssd plus enclosure. The ssd then failed to initialize and no driver letter...

I bought a new ssd plus enclosure. The ssd then failed to initialize and no driver letter...: I bought a new ssd plus enclosure. The ssd then failed to initialize and no driver letter is thus assigned. With no driver lettet assigned, I cannot detect the ssd even using disk management....