Windows 10: Bought a new Surface Pro 7 Windows Home to Pro Upgrade Failed can't get to technical support

Discus and support Bought a new Surface Pro 7 Windows Home to Pro Upgrade Failed can't get to technical support in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; As the subject implies. I bought a brand new Surface Pro 7. Fully upgraded the Home Version OS it shipped with to Windows 10 20H2. When I attempted to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Phoenix46, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Phoenix46 Win User

Bought a new Surface Pro 7 Windows Home to Pro Upgrade Failed can't get to technical support

As the subject implies. I bought a brand new Surface Pro 7. Fully upgraded the Home Version OS it shipped with to Windows 10 20H2. When I attempted to upgrade it to Pro the purchase went fine, but when I clicked the install button it failed, clicked try again a few times and those all failed as well. Finally restarted the machine and now it says Windows isn't activated and edition shows as Windows 10 Enterprise.

The Get Help app on the Surface doesn't pop up the virtual assistant, only the article search bar. When I try to run the Get Help app on another computer try to get to customer support it just eventually tells me to rephrase my question. I never get the option to communicate with a person.

Is it just impossible to get technical support from Microsoft anymore? What is wrong with you people? You've gotten almost as bad as Google.

:)

Phoenix46, Jan 28, 2021

2. Windows 10 Pro transfer to new Surface 7 Pro

I just purchased a Surface 7 Pro to upgrade from my Surface 3 with Windows 10 Pro. The Surface 7 Pro has the Windows 10 Home version that I would like to upgrade with Windows 10 Pro but don't know where to find my Product Key. I don't recall purchasing
    and I believe that my last Microsoft Windows update resulted in the Pro version being installed. Can anyone help with step-by-step instructions on where to find the product key so that I can copy and install in my Surface 7 Pro.

MorrisGarcia, Jan 28, 2021
  3. Octavean Win User
    Microsoft Surface with Windows 8 Pro Gets Priced

The Asus Eee Slate EP121 Core i5 based Windows 7 tablet and Samsung Series 7 Windows 7 (Core i5) tablet series pricing were slightly more expensive then the Microsoft Surface Pro and other Windows 8 Pro tablets. So a price break is already there.

People suggesting The Microsoft Surface Pro and other Windows 8 Pro tablets should be cheaper seem to think or suggest that products like this never existed before or are unprecedented when they are in fact only the latest generation.

Or perhaps you are confusing them with cheaper less powerful ARM based tablets,…

This statement isn’t completely accurate or possibly outright wrong. You are likely confusing the Windows RT based Microsoft Surface tablet with the as of yet unreleased Surface Pro Windows 8 Pro tablet.

The average Windows 8 Pro 64bit install footprint is likely greater then 16GB. The Windows 8 Pro 32bit install footprint may fit into a 16GB envelope but I don’t think OEMs will choose to go that route. However, if the Microsoft Surface Pro is anything like the Asus Eee Slate EP121 Core i5 based tablet PC then the installed mSATA SSD is user upgradeable. I can upgrade the default OEM 64GB mSATA SSD on my Asus model to ~240GB / ~256GB or greater. I can also upgrade the Bluetooth / WiFi module to support IEEE 802.11ac,….

Octavean, Jan 28, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Bought a new Surface Pro 7 Windows Home to Pro Upgrade Failed can't get to technical support

Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop

Source: Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop Surface

Brink, Jan 28, 2021
Thema:

1. Bought a new Surface Pro 7 Windows Home to Pro Upgrade Failed can't get to technical support - Similar Threads - Bought Surface Pro

2. Reset Surface with Home that was upgraded to Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset Surface with Home that was upgraded to Pro: I've got a surface device that came with Windows 11 Home edition, I've upgraded to Windows 11 Pro. If I were to reset the device, would I loose the Pro license and go back to home?...
  3. Reset Surface with Home that was upgraded to Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset Surface with Home that was upgraded to Pro: I've got a surface device that came with Windows 11 Home edition, I've upgraded to Windows 11 Pro. If I were to reset the device, would I loose the Pro license and go back to home?...
  4. Can't upgrade windows home to pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't upgrade windows home to pro: Dell AIO Inspiron PC can't upgrade Windows 11 Home Single Language to Windows 11 Pro, when entering a Windows 11 Pro license it always fails and comes out Error "The Product key that you entered didn't work. Check the product key and try agany, or enter a different...
  5. Can't upgrade windows home to pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't upgrade windows home to pro: Dell AIO Inspiron PC can't upgrade Windows 11 Home Single Language to Windows 11 Pro, when entering a Windows 11 Pro license it always fails and comes out Error "The Product key that you entered didn't work. Check the product key and try agany, or enter a different...
  6. Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade failed on new PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade failed on new PC: Purchased upgrade at the Microsoft Store to Windows 10 pro for my new PC that came with Home Edition. The upgrade failed. Now the PC reports that it cannot activate Windows because it thinks Enterprise Edition is installed. ****?! So I reset the PC to factory original...
  7. New Surface Pro 7+ for Business

in Windows 10 News
    New Surface Pro 7+ for Business: Surface Pro 7+ for Business, the latest generation of the class defining Surface 2-in-1 delivers next level performance and versatility to commercial enterprises and educational institutions. [ATTACH] Key differences with Surface Pro 7+ for Business: Removable SSD with...
  8. Surface Pro 7 and Home Screen Display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Surface Pro 7 and Home Screen Display: I just set up Surface Pro and it appears to be mirroring an ASUS I have. The home screen shows ASUS in the background. What the deal??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-7-and-home-screen-display/700328d1-2f0b-4e78-b23c-3153c93eae8d
  9. Windows 10 Pro transfer to new Surface 7 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro transfer to new Surface 7 Pro: I just purchased a Surface 7 Pro to upgrade from my Surface 3 with Windows 10 Pro. The Surface 7 Pro has the Windows 10 Home version that I would like to upgrade with Windows 10 Pro but don't know where to find my Product Key. I don't recall purchasing and I believe that my...
  10. New Surface Pro 7

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    New Surface Pro 7: Hi, I have always been a fan of Microsoft until my surface pro 3 - loved it in the beginning however it always had a bit of a bug now and then with the screen. This eventually got worse and worse by the time i found out what the bug was in the touch screen the surface was out...