Windows 10: Bought a NUC8i3BEH kit and had to get a replacement after a couple weeks. Windows license...

Discus and support Bought a NUC8i3BEH kit and had to get a replacement after a couple weeks. Windows license... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; After installing the memory and m.2 nvme ssd with an additional 2.5" ssd for storage, I installed a newly purchased OEM windows 10 pro O.System. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by xiowan, Jul 21, 2020.

1. xiowan Win User

Bought a NUC8i3BEH kit and had to get a replacement after a couple weeks. Windows license...

After installing the memory and m.2 nvme ssd with an additional 2.5" ssd for storage, I installed a newly purchased OEM windows 10 pro O.System. I had an overheating problem with the fan after a couple weeks and NewEgg is sending me a replacement NUC8i3BEH kit. I will be re-installing the same exact hardware with the operating system still installed. Since the hardware is all the same except the motherboard which is the same model as the failed pc with the same UEFI Bios version will I have to re-activate the original license or worse yet buy a new license after only 2 weeks use? The original license on the failed pc was "activated with a digital license" and shows up on my Microsoft Account list of devices. What should I do to activate that license if it asks to be re-activated? I have attached a snapshot of my MS account device listing for the NUC pc.

Bought a NUC8i3BEH kit and had to get a replacement after a couple weeks.  Windows license... 6c61c7c5-1879-41f3-8ab4-63b95b51867c?upload=true.png

:)

xiowan, Jul 21, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jul 21, 2020
  3. License expiring on a laptop bought on ebay

Hi all,

I bought a 'opened but never used' laptop on ebay, advertised as having genuine windows 10 pro.

After about a couple of months use at home I started getting the license will expire message. The option I have is to change product key and its saying its activated using your organisations activation service.

There was no product key sticker on box or laptop and was not supplied in any form to me. I just started using laptop assuming all is set up and correct.

I messaged user on ebay and they are suggesting i buy a key off another ebay user - for a couple of quid - which sounds very fishy.

Is the problem fixable or have I bought a dud?

Thanks

Brian.Atkinson, Jul 21, 2020
  4. Bought a NUC8i3BEH kit and had to get a replacement after a couple weeks. Windows license...

Can't Activate Windows 10 Home Edition After A Motherboard Replacement

I recently built a PC about two weeks ago, bought a digital license in the Windows Store, and then decided to switch to a different motherboard last week. I cannot get Windows 10 to re-activate. I'm signed in with the same Microsoft account I purchased the
    license with, and I have followed the "Activation Troubleshooting" steps. Once I select my computer, I get the following message:

Unable to activate Windows

We can't reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later.

It also tells me I can go buy it. I have proof of purchases for my old motherboard, the one I replaced it with, and my digital license I bought in the Windows store. Don't understand why I can't reactivate.

hayesraven, Jul 21, 2020
Thema:

Bought a NUC8i3BEH kit and had to get a replacement after a couple weeks. Windows license...

1. Bought a NUC8i3BEH kit and had to get a replacement after a couple weeks. Windows license... - Similar Threads - Bought NUC8i3BEH kit

2. How to transfer win11 license to a new laptop that had to be replaced?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to transfer win11 license to a new laptop that had to be replaced?: Hi. I had to return a laptop after a week due to a faulty sound card the laptop came with windows 11 that the vendor had installed. I paid for the licence and the installation. Now I have asked the vendor to ship the new one to me. I'll do the installation with the win 11 iso...
  3. How to transfer win11 license to a new laptop that had to be replaced?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to transfer win11 license to a new laptop that had to be replaced?: Hi. I had to return a laptop after a week due to a faulty sound card the laptop came with windows 11 that the vendor had installed. I paid for the licence and the installation. Now I have asked the vendor to ship the new one to me. I'll do the installation with the win 11 iso...
  4. Windows boots with black screen every couple of weeks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows boots with black screen every couple of weeks: Every couple of weeks my Windows will boot with a black screen.The solution is to boot it to safe mode, roll back the graphics display driver and then update it and then boot again and problem solved for a couple of more weeks.I have AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT with the latest...
  5. BSOD a couple times a week

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD a couple times a week: Hi All, I'm having an issue with a computer that restarts randomly. I believe I have narrowed it down, to my best understanding. What I believe is going on is Python is running, then somehow it conflicted with the driver SISIPSNetFilter.sys , the driver in question is Symatec...
  6. How get installation kit?

in Windows 10 Support
    How get installation kit?: I don't THINK this is a Windows question, but I can't imagine where else to ask....... I have a product that I purchased. When you "install" it, it gives you a small "online-installer.exe". When you run that it downloads a WHOLE BUNCH OF SOMETHING and eventually it gets...
  7. Been getting BSOD's past couple of weeks

Been getting BSOD's past couple of weeks: Hello, I have been getting BSOD's on my computer for the past couple of weeks. They've been saying different things but it's been: 3/15: FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE 3/20: PFN_LIST_CORRUPT 3/30: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE Stuff I've done: I've ran sfc /scannow a...
  8. Windows did an upgrade a couple of weeks ago

Windows did an upgrade a couple of weeks ago: Windows did an upgrade a couple of weeks ago and I can't open my pay advice which uses VMR, how do I do to get this back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-did-an-upgrade-a-couple-of-weeks-ago/7a62f32f-e4a5-46c7-8633-e5de9b7f672b
  9. Moving a windows home license to a laptop that had the MOBO replaced

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Moving a windows home license to a laptop that had the MOBO replaced: I recently had a motherboard replaced on a laptop and after restoring Windows the OS does not activate. I am assuming because the installation was hardware locked and the new MOBO messed that up. Is there any way to fix the activation now that the MOBO has been replaced?...
  10. Printer Problems After Windows 10 Updates a Couple Of Weeks Ago

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer Problems After Windows 10 Updates a Couple Of Weeks Ago: Hi, New to the forum so please be gentle with me (treat me like an idiot)!! I have a Dell XPS 420 which I have had for about 8 years now. Attached are 2 printers an HP Laserjet which works fine and a Canon Pixma MP500 which I am having a problem with. After the...