Windows 10: Bought a used ematic Windows 10 tablet

Discus and support Bought a used ematic Windows 10 tablet in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Found on Microsoft community forum; you could try this: Follow the below steps:- 1)*** Press Shift and Restart from the power icon (together)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by vgchat, Jul 10, 2016.

1. Bought a used ematic Windows 10 tablet

Found on Microsoft community forum; you could try this:

Follow the below steps:-
    1)*** Press Shift and Restart from the power icon (together)
    2)*** Select Troubleshoot.
    3)*** Go to Advanced Options.
    4)*** Select Command Prompt.
    5)*** Type "net user Administrator /active:yes"
    6)*** Hit Enter.

A user account with the name Admin will be created. Log in with that account and you will be able to access Admin privileges. You can also create and change the status of other accounts with that account.

Next restart should give you the choice to log in using the Admin account. (By default it has no password)

markweatherill, Aug 30, 2016
  2. DavidY Win User

The problem with that approach is that you don't get to step 5 until after you've already typed in an Admin-level password for that machine. *Wink

In fact most of the options in a Shift-Restart are like that and require an Admin-level password (even the Reset option which I thought earlier might work seems to need a password).

But Shift Restart should allow you to
    * get into the UEFI/BIOS settings
    * Turn off the computer properly (ie not in 'Fast Startup' mode), which makes it easier to boot from a USB stick
    * There might also be a Factory Reset option or similar which might not require a password (with any luck - not sure about that).

If you can't do a Factory Reset, I think you might need to create a USB with a Windows installation ISO on it, use Shift Restart/ Advanced Startup to boot from that, and then install Windows again.

DavidY, Aug 30, 2016
  3. I was assuming that an Admin password hadn't been set up *Redface

markweatherill, Aug 30, 2016
  4. Bought a used ematic Windows 10 tablet

Not sure how easy this is to do on a tablet as they boot fairly quickly

But another thought is to crash the machine while its booting, force it off by holding the power button in while it starts up

After doing this about 3 times, windows should then give an error saying it had trouble starting, then give you the recovery options

paulsalter, Aug 30, 2016
  5. DavidY Win User
    The OP shouldn't need to do this: Shift - Restart from the logon page should get the same options more cleanly.

DavidY, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Bought a used ematic Windows 10 tablet

1. Bought a used ematic Windows 10 tablet - Similar Threads - Bought used ematic

2. Windows ematic laptop frozen on startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows ematic laptop frozen on startup: My windows 10 laptop is frozen on a boot, can't turn it off heck even shutting it wont turn it off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-ematic-laptop-frozen-on-startup/ea7370dc-ec8a-4c86-919d-b94d147ecb01
  3. Bought a used PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bought a used PC: I bought a new PC but someone else is logged in there is no local profile and i cant get in is there a way to get passed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bought-a-used-pc/cafda75a-30b8-4fe3-bf0f-22c4579ccfd8
  4. Using android tablet as drawing tablet for windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using android tablet as drawing tablet for windows: What apps can I use to use my android tablet as a writing tablet? Aside how do I know these apps/other apps are safe? particularly when they are not part of windows store or......
  5. Using android tablet as writing tablet for windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using android tablet as writing tablet for windows: What apps can I use to use my android tablet as a writing tablet? Aside how do I know these apps/other apps are safe? particularly when they are not part of windows store or......
  6. Used key bought

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Used key bought: Dear Sir/Madam! Yesterday I was bought Minecraft and got a used key 7 minutes before I tried. 2 pictures about that: https://imgur.com/a/IKwNNIP Can you help? Thank You! Adam Toth...
  7. Using a Drawing Tablet on Windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Using a Drawing Tablet on Windows: So I'm trying to use a drawing tablet to use on certain programs and websites, and I get this writing popup that I haven't been able to figure out how to disable and it just infinitely blocks a portion of my screen. Closing it off just reopens it again once I put my pen to my...
  8. Windows 10 for a Tablet

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 for a Tablet: I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab A. Can I use Windows 10 on it? Moved From: Microsoft Edge / Opening the browser / Android https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/windows-10-for-a-tablet/6406f8b7-1052-4907-924b-a0c4785b0cac
  9. windows 10 tablet

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 tablet: Hi, Going out of my mind now... I have a connect tablet running windows 10. all working perfectly, did a roll back to connect a blue tooth keyboard. I'm now locked onto the start screen saying computer restarted unexpectedly windows cannot proceed, click ok to restart....
  10. Windows 10 Tablet

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Tablet: Whats up guys? So i just bought an Insigina Windows 10 Tablet. its pretty nice actually. Its got 32GB of storage, Intel Atom quad core @ 1.6GHz, 2 GB DDR3 1333MHz RAM, and a 9" 1920x1200 IPS Display. Anyway, Out of the box it came with Windows 10 Home 32bit. i was thinking...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How to boot from USB ematic Windows 10