Windows 10: Bought a used laptop on eBay. It’s saying I have a 10 home digital license but 10 pro is...

Discus and support Bought a used laptop on eBay. It’s saying I have a 10 home digital license but 10 pro is... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/linnadawg [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/linnadawg, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Bought a used laptop on eBay. It’s saying I have a 10 home digital license but 10 pro is...

/u/linnadawg, Apr 9, 2021

2. License expiring on a laptop bought on ebay

Hi all,

I bought a 'opened but never used' laptop on ebay, advertised as having genuine windows 10 pro.

After about a couple of months use at home I started getting the license will expire message. The option I have is to change product key and its saying its activated using your organisations activation service.

There was no product key sticker on box or laptop and was not supplied in any form to me. I just started using laptop assuming all is set up and correct.

I messaged user on ebay and they are suggesting i buy a key off another ebay user - for a couple of quid - which sounds very fishy.

Is the problem fixable or have I bought a dud?

Thanks

Brian.Atkinson, Apr 9, 2021
  3. Zach321 Win User
    Is my Windows 10 Pro eBay key valid to use in relation to Microsoft's licensing agreement?

I bought a Windows 10 Pro key on eBay for $4. It activated without any issue and is listed as a "digital license". I called Microsoft customer service and the rep said as long as it activated, it's good to use. Can someone confirm this? I wanna make sure
    I'm in the clear.

The original listing said the key was for a computer that went on the fritz or something, like they'd send you the motherboard if you wanted it. I just wanna clear my conscience and make sure I'm not doing anything wrong. Am I violating any licensing agreements?

Zach321, Apr 9, 2021
  4. myagkov-a Win User

Bought a used laptop on eBay. It’s saying I have a 10 home digital license but 10 pro is...

Can't move windows 10 pro license to new laptop

Hi!

I have laptop with windows 10 pro digital license connected with my Microsoft account. I bought new laptop and want to move my windows 10 license. I installed windows 10 pro. In activation options I choose Troubleshooting -> I changed hardware recently ->
    choose my old laptop in list and get "Unable to activate windows" error without specific error code.

Is it possible to activate Windows 10 pro with digital license on new laptop?

myagkov-a, Apr 9, 2021
Thema:

Bought a used laptop on eBay. It’s saying I have a 10 home digital license but 10 pro is...

1. Bought a used laptop on eBay. It’s saying I have a 10 home digital license but 10 pro is... - Similar Threads - Bought used laptop

2. Activating Windows 10 Pro on a laptop with 10 Home digital license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activating Windows 10 Pro on a laptop with 10 Home digital license: HelloI'm having trouble activating Windows 10 Pro on an Acer laptop. The laptop has a Windows 10 Home embedded key, so activation is automatic after a full reinstall. But I bought a copy of Windows 10 Pro confirmed to be genuine and when I try and install it on the laptop it...
  3. Activating Windows 10 Pro on a laptop with 10 Home digital license

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activating Windows 10 Pro on a laptop with 10 Home digital license: HelloI'm having trouble activating Windows 10 Pro on an Acer laptop. The laptop has a Windows 10 Home embedded key, so activation is automatic after a full reinstall. But I bought a copy of Windows 10 Pro confirmed to be genuine and when I try and install it on the laptop it...
  4. Activating Windows 10 Pro on a laptop with 10 Home digital license

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I bought a Windows 10 Pro license, but have Windows 10 Home installed

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I bought a Windows 10 Pro license, but have Windows 10 Home installed: So I got a new PC with Windows 10 Home pre-installed not activated and I didnt buy a 10 Home license.Then I bought a license for Windows 10 Pro, because I want to use Hyper-V, etc.So when i click "Change product key" and enter the key for Windows 10 pro, it says "The product...
  6. I bought a Windows 10 Pro license, but have Windows 10 Home installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought a Windows 10 Pro license, but have Windows 10 Home installed: So I got a new PC with Windows 10 Home pre-installed not activated and I didnt buy a 10 Home license.Then I bought a license for Windows 10 Pro, because I want to use Hyper-V, etc.So when i click "Change product key" and enter the key for Windows 10 pro, it says "The product...
  7. License expiring on a laptop bought on ebay

License expiring on a laptop bought on ebay: Hi all, I bought a 'opened but never used' laptop on ebay, advertised as having genuine windows 10 pro. After about a couple of months use at home I started getting the license will expire message. The option I have is to change product key and its saying its activated...
  8. License for Windows 10 Home says Digital when the computer was bought at BestBuy

License for Windows 10 Home says Digital when the computer was bought at BestBuy: Good afternoon. Why would my License for Windows 10 Home say Digital when the computer was bought at BestBuy? Shouldn't it be a Product Key? Thanks,...
  9. Digital License says Windows Home, not Pro

Digital License says Windows Home, not Pro: I've been a member since February 2016, but haven't had a lot to say. I have learned a lot by reading, and I wish to thank all of you for the knowledge. Today I have a problem... I purchased a $99 upgrade from Microsoft for Win 10 Pro, a few days ago. The upgrade went fine....
  10. Digital License says Windows Home, not Pro

in Windows 10 Support
    Digital License says Windows Home, not Pro: I've been a member since February 2016, but haven't had a lot to say. I have learned a lot by reading, and I wish to thank all of you for the knowledge. Today I have a problem... I purchased a $99 upgrade from Microsoft for Win 10 Pro, a few days ago. The upgrade went fine....