Windows 10: Bought a used laptop which is pre-installed with Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Education.

Discus and support Bought a used laptop which is pre-installed with Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Education. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I bought a used laptop which is pre-installed with Windows 10 Pro Education. I don't know about the first user of my laptop. After some years, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Abhiram Baiju, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Bought a used laptop which is pre-installed with Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Education.

Hi,

I bought a used laptop which is pre-installed with Windows 10 Pro Education. I don't know about the first user of my laptop. After some years, I faced some issues after updating Windows 10. Then, I contacted Microsoft and they told that to connect with my Work or School account. Then I confused and installed a fresh Windows 10 Pro Education using the BIOS OEM key. The OS was activated successfully. But now Microsoft support says that if I update Windows, I need to face many errors, nd if I don't update windows, some functions may not work properly. I am not interested to buy a new liscence key. What should I do know?. Bought a used laptop which is pre-installed with Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Education. 8ee0c406-f946-4566-8200-77bb86f783f1?upload=true.png Bought a used laptop which is pre-installed with Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Education. a1aa2a37-712f-40c9-b4ec-b428e7bbb2a9?upload=true.png Bought a used laptop which is pre-installed with Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Education. 362cad76-5618-4313-9684-52604941836e?upload=true.png

:)

Abhiram Baiju, Jan 14, 2021
  2. Kari Win User

Windows 10 Education Pro

I've not had an opportunity to test Pro Education edition yet but I am running normal Education on a Hyper-V virtual machine and on dual boot with Pro on a laptop. Basically Education is exactly as Enterprise, meant for domain or Azure AD use. Main differences when compared to Pro are missing Cortana and no possibility to use Microsoft account as initial user account when setting up Windows, although when selecting initial user as local domain user a normal local account will be created which can then be switched to a Microsoft account instead of joining a domain.

Native Windows apps in Windows 10 Education edition are the same than in Pro edition, Cortana being the only exception.

If you already have setup Windows 10 Pro on your machines with a customised image I can see no benefits in doing the job again deploying an almost similar OS. This is of course only my personal subjective opinion based on what I know at the moment; I have no knowledge or insight about what additional features (see highlighted part in quote below) Pro Education might be and if they would be reason enough to upgrade to Pro Education.

Quote from https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...tion-customers:

3. How can I convert Windows 10 Pro Education to Pro OEM?

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Is Windows 10 Pro Education Pre-installed on your computer?
    • Have you upgraded your computer from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Pro Education? If so, do you still have the product key for Windows 10 Pro?
    Meanwhile, you may refer to the steps under Roll back Windows 10 Pro Education to Windows 10 Pro section of this
    article.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Jan 14, 2021
  4. Bought a used laptop which is pre-installed with Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Education.

Re installation of windows 10 pro Education

hi,

I have pre installed windows 10 pro education device under HEC Pakistan laptop scheme. due to some reason I have to uninstall my windows 10 pro education now I want to re install it but couldn't find any way to re install it. any help in this regard will
    be highly appreciated.

regards,

Muhammad SaqibDS, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

Bought a used laptop which is pre-installed with Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Education.

1. Bought a used laptop which is pre-installed with Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Education. - Similar Threads - Bought used laptop

2. I got window 10 pro education pre-installed on my laptop. But it crashed few days back....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I got window 10 pro education pre-installed on my laptop. But it crashed few days back....: If i install windows 10 pro version will it get activated by digital license. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-got-window-10-pro-education-pre-installed-on-my/d9635cea-0f05-45fa-b40f-d74e9b5b6da6
  3. I got window 10 pro education pre-installed on my laptop. But it crashed few days back....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got window 10 pro education pre-installed on my laptop. But it crashed few days back....: If i install windows 10 pro version will it get activated by digital license. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-got-window-10-pro-education-pre-installed-on-my/d9635cea-0f05-45fa-b40f-d74e9b5b6da6
  4. What installed on date should be on a new laptop which bought with pre installed windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What installed on date should be on a new laptop which bought with pre installed windows: Hi community, please help me to understand what should be the "installed on" date if new Asus laptop was bought with preinstalled Windows 11 Pro? When I bought the laptop and did the first initial setup in the same date15 Feb 2023 I see on "System -> About" the next...
  5. What installed on date should be on a new laptop which bought with pre installed windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What installed on date should be on a new laptop which bought with pre installed windows: Hi community, please help me to understand what should be the "installed on" date if new Asus laptop was bought with preinstalled Windows 11 Pro? When I bought the laptop and did the first initial setup in the same date15 Feb 2023 I see on "System -> About" the next...
  6. Pre install windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pre install windows 10 pro: Hello Microsoft,I hope all is well with you all today!My company has some laptops that does not have windows 10 pro pre installed, its just regular windows 10. Is there way to pre install windows 10 without creating a local account before we hand laptops out to employees?...
  7. Bought a laptop with Windows 10 Pro installed but......

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Bought a laptop with Windows 10 Pro installed but......: it is now saying that although it's currently activated it needs to be reactivated soon.One the Activation Page under settings is saysEdition: Windows 10 ProActivation: Windows is activated using your organization's activation serviceI went into command prompt and it gave me...
  8. I need to update a used laptop which is pre-installed with Windows 10 Pro Education. Please...

I need to update a used laptop which is pre-installed with Windows 10 Pro Education. Please...: Hi, I am Abhiram. I need help from Microsoft support. I have a used laptop with Windows 10 Pro Education pre-installed. The person who sold this laptop may be linked with a School Account before selling it. Now the laptop is using by me. So it is not connected with any...
  9. bought windows 10 home but got windows 10 pro education

bought windows 10 home but got windows 10 pro education: I just bought a windows 10 home which of course came with the product key but after trying to use the product key, it did not activate and said about an error. I updated everything and downloaded the tools or something that was said relevant to the activation on windows 10,...
  10. Windows 10 pro pre installed

Windows 10 pro pre installed: I want to double my ram from 8g to 16g will this cause a loss of my product key? Actually what modifications can i make without loosing the key? I have lost my key several times in the past on earlier versions of windows....