Windows 10: Bought a Win 10 Pro activation key, 2 days later showing Enterprise, and not activated

Discus and support Bought a Win 10 Pro activation key, 2 days later showing Enterprise, and not activated in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a computer that came with Windows 10 Home. I purchased Pro activation key and was able to activate it fine. Now a few days later it's showing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Cnieuy, Sep 22, 2020.

1. /u/Cnieuy Win User

Bought a Win 10 Pro activation key, 2 days later showing Enterprise, and not activated

I have a computer that came with Windows 10 Home. I purchased Pro activation key and was able to activate it fine.

Now a few days later it's showing my edition is "Windows 10 Enterprise" and it's not activated. I've searched everywhere but it won't let me re-enter an activation key. When I try to do the phone activation it won't let me do that either and just says to contact my administrator.

The only thing I can think of that would have caused this is logging into my work account in MS Office. But I'm not sure why that would change my edition of Window.

Any ideas? Thanks!

submitted by /u/Cnieuy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Cnieuy, Sep 22, 2020
  2. Superfly Win User

Win Sandbox is enterprise and not activated

Dunno about Sandbox so much but there was a bug that set Enterprise in the registry after a Win Pro upgrade... a Pro key will (or rather should) not get accepted on Enterprise due to hierachy.

Superfly, Sep 22, 2020
  3. ACTIVATION WIN 10

Hi,

You might see this error if you entered a product key for the Enterprise edition of Windows to activate
    Windows 10 Home or
    Windows 10 Pro. Activation in Windows 10 will depend on how you got your copy of Windows.
    To find the activation method that works with your copy of Windows, kindly refer to this

Microsoft article

Check out this
    link
    for a list of activation error codes and the suggested steps to troubleshoot it.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Aileen Alf, Sep 22, 2020
  4. Laurijan Win User

Bought a Win 10 Pro activation key, 2 days later showing Enterprise, and not activated

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

I bought Windows 7 Pro OEM key from G2Play.net for 12€ to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro - worked like a charm but be advised if you buy a OEM key you can not download the Win 7 iso from microsoft and have to get it elsewhere.

Laurijan, Sep 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Bought a Win 10 Pro activation key, 2 days later showing Enterprise, and not activated - Similar Threads - Bought Pro activation

2. windows 10 enterprise activation key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows 10 enterprise activation key: where can i get one? cheap? submitted by /u/eeezyynuuu [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k4bh95/windows_10_enterprise_activation_key/
  3. windows 10 enterprise activation key

windows 10 enterprise activation key: where can i get one? cheap? submitted by /u/eeezyynuuu [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k4bh95/windows_10_enterprise_activation_key/
  4. Windows Pro activation problem. Valid key, but showing un-activated Enterprise edition.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Pro activation problem. Valid key, but showing un-activated Enterprise edition.: Hi, I bought a new computer which came with Windows 10 Home. I then paid full price from a major retailer for a Windows 10 Pro upgrade key. Everything went fine and the key was accepted. However it's now saying I'm using Windows 10 Enterprise and it's not activated. Under...
  5. Windows 10 pro key activated as enterprise?

Windows 10 pro key activated as enterprise?: Hello. A few days ago I brought a new SSD & decided to make the switch from Windows 8.1 (Which I had been using on my old HDD) to a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro. I used the media creation tool to create a bootable USB drive & installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 Pro....
  6. Win 10 Pro Activation Product Key

Win 10 Pro Activation Product Key: I did the Windows 10 Pro Upgrade from Windows 7 Ultimate. Installation went well. However, I wanted to not be under a digital license, so I bought a Windows 10 Pro License from Amazon. Using the product key from Amazon gives me an error stating I should buy a real copy of...
  7. Win 10 Enterprise activation

Win 10 Enterprise activation: Hi There, I bought a used pc with Win 10 Enterprise installed and now I realise that the activation isnt valid how can I get an activation for this or is a fresh install of Win 10 the only option ? the orginal owner of the pc has gone bust !...
  8. Bought upgrade to Pro, got Enterprise which can't be activated

Bought upgrade to Pro, got Enterprise which can't be activated: Hi, I bought Lenovo laptop with preinstalled Windows 10 Home edition. In Microsoft Store bought upgrade to Pro. Now I ended up with edition reading Enterprise and unable to activate due to 0xC0004F025 error. What is very frustrating, I've got no product key to upgraded...
  9. win 10 enterprise activation key please

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win 10 enterprise activation key please: can you supply win 10 enterprise activation key as I wiped my pc to reinstall windows as I was using it for personal use instead of private use though have lost the key. can you supply please?...
  10. activation of win 10 home with a win 10 pro key

activation of win 10 home with a win 10 pro key: hello 10ers! i have tablet running win 10 and a licence for it too. win 10 home is preinstalled on my device. i just need to enter the code off my licence to activate it. however, i have a full licence on the way to me for win 10 pro. can i activate my win 10 home...